U.S. charges 2 men for allegedly helping to establish secret Chinese police outpost in NYC

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I will be a slightly cryptic here. Are Canadian police agencies nervous about this response by the U.S govt?

If the fly on the wall could talk...

Two men have been arrested on charges that they helped establish a secret police outpost in New York City on behalf of the Chinese government, U.S. Justice Department officials said Monday.

"New York City is home to New York's finest: the NYPD," U.S. Attorney Breon Peace, the top federal prosecutor in Brooklyn, said at a news conference announcing the arrests.

"We don't need or want a secret police station in our great city."

Officials separately announced charges against more than three dozen members of China's national police, accusing them of creating and using fake social media accounts to locate and harass dissidents in the United States.

The cases are part of a series of Justice Department prosecutions aimed at disrupting Chinese government efforts to target Chinese dissidents, including those promoting pro-democracy views, and stifle their speech.

China has also faced accusations of operating secret police stations in Canada, which Beijing has dismissed as an attempt by Ottawa to smear its reputation.

I will be a slightly cryptic here. Are Canadian police agencies nervous about this response by the U.S govt?

If the fly on the wall could talk...

Two men have been arrested on charges that they helped establish a secret police outpost in New York City on behalf of the Chinese government, U.S. Justice Department officials said Monday.

"New York City is home to New York's finest: the NYPD," U.S. Attorney Breon Peace, the top federal prosecutor in Brooklyn, said at a news conference announcing the arrests.

"We don't need or want a secret police station in our great city."

Officials separately announced charges against more than three dozen members of China's national police, accusing them of creating and using fake social media accounts to locate and harass dissidents in the United States.

The cases are part of a series of Justice Department prosecutions aimed at disrupting Chinese government efforts to target Chinese dissidents, including those promoting pro-democracy views, and stifle their speech.

China has also faced accusations of operating secret police stations in Canada, which Beijing has dismissed as an attempt by Ottawa to smear its reputation.
We are not told who the men are

Presumably buried somewhere is the info that they were chinese?

China may just be doing this knowing that news like this will have it's own silencing effects on Chinese dissidents.
Make them fearful that whoever they are talking to in America may actually be a CCP plant here to monitor/punish them or family back home.

I'm honestly surprised authorities in the DOJ or NY even had a problem with this

I guess it helps if you read the article.
The men, identified as "Harry" Lu Jianwang, 61, of the Bronx, and Chen Jinping, 59, of Manhattan, were arrested at their homes on Monday morning. It was not immediately clear if they had lawyers who could comment on their behalf.
I didnt see it in the headline or opening paragreph as it would be if they MAGA’s

Like I said, buried on the inside

In New York the average Chinese has more of a chance of being the victim of violent crime than they do in Beijing.
Probably so

But the chinese police ate not there to prevent muggings of chinese citizens

They are to keep an eye on local chinese to make sure they dont do or say anything the CCP would disapprove of

Probably so

But the chinese police ate not there to prevent muggings of chinese citizens

They are to keep an eye on local chinese to make sure they dont do or say anything the CCP would disapprove of

Not unlike Canadian police agencies, except, they don't want allies or the public to know the truth. Some of us fought hard anyways, what will allies do with truth vs their B.S and P.R campaigns?

China has done the same in many countries.
How come only the U.S addresses it? Are you maybe starting to realize what type of police agencies other countries produce? You guys are destroying your own reputation in some instances by trusting your "allies"...who happily allow a foreign government, adversarial at that: to.operate on their shores...why? (to both assertions).

Forum List

Back