Two Theories

I recall no such statements, though it was a pretty widespread misconception early on. It was generally assumed that greenhouses worked by trapping IR radiation. It was what I was taught in high school in the late 1960s. So it would be correct to say that CO2 and other GHGs in the atmosphere work the way we used to think glass greenhouses worked. It's why the process was named as it was.

But it certainly is not a position that anyone conversant on the topic would make these days. It is most certainly not what I have read Mamooth contend ever since I got here. So, Mylar, what's your point? Are you unhappy that you aren't being allowed to argue against a straw man of your own creation?

Greenhousese work because the block conduction and convection to the outside atmosphere. If your claim that the glass in a greenhouse absorbs IR were true, then you would, in effect, be saying that glass thermometers are inherently inaccurate. Is that what you are saying?

By the way, in the late 60's the greenhouse effect was not even a blip on the radar insofar as primary education went...even if you were taking what might have then been called AP physics. Caught lying again...feel free to go to the SAT of the period and look for anything that might reference the greenhouse effect. You are one of the worst liars on this board...

First line, 12th word in the first sentence: "misconception".

I'm not surprised YOUR school didn't teach such things. I attended a normal one. And what I was taught in the late 1960s, as the sentence construction fully supports, is that that was how GREENHOUSES worked.

PS, your contention regarding glass thermometers is incorrect. The properties of a material interface are determined by the properties of the individual materials. A mercury/glass interface is quite unlikely to behave like an air/glass interface. But, in any case, it would be the height of ignorance to fail to realize that the glass surround unavoidably provides some amount of insulation between the mercury and the air. The net result is that it takes a wee bit longer to equalize. Undoubtedly why the glass of the mercury bulb is made as thin as practical.

Last edited:
You've been shown MULTIPLE laboratory experiments demonstrating warming from amounts of CO2 equivalent to the Earth's atmosphere now and prior to the Industrial Revolution. Your continued claim that you have NOT seen such things is more than a little frustrating. It's a bit disconcerting to have someone so blatantly lie right to your face.

Haven't been shown a single one actually

When you consider what passes for evidence in the minds (?) of these people, it is little wonder that they have been so completely hoaxed.

It's a Cult, and a frightening end-of-days, death worshiping one at that. Their faith in CO2 and hatred for American Civilization is on par with Islamic Fundamentalism.

And watch, Mammoth's next post she's going to say "The deniers are fundamentalists"

Haven't been shown a single one actually

When you consider what passes for evidence in the minds (?) of these people, it is little wonder that they have been so completely hoaxed.

It's a Cult, and a frightening end-of-days, death worshiping one at that. Their faith in CO2 and hatred for American Civilization is on par with Islamic Fundamentalism.

And watch, Mammoth's next post she's going to say "The deniers are fundamentalists"

The deniers are fundamentalists.

Now, comparing agw to America hatred and Islamic Fundamentalism proves that, but don't even worry about it it's par for the course of a deluded partisan sycophant who needs to go be social somewhere.

Now, comparing agw to America hatred and Islamic Fundamentalism proves that, but don't even worry about it it's par for the course of a deluded partisan sycophant who needs to go be social somewhere.

Well you don't have a shred of real science on your side and your one and only solution is to close down the US Economy, what are we supposed to think?

Here's your "Science"

mann_treering.jpg

I thought this was a joke at first. But, nope, this is what passes for AGWCult "Science"

And what do you offer in return? Can you show us a single experiment that shows a temperature increase from a 120PPM increase in CO2? No.

Can you show us an experiment that lowers ocean pH from 8.25 to 8.15 by adding 120PPM of CO2? No.

You offer NOTHING but that you CO2 is all-powerful

That's how I know you're a Cult

Well you don't have a shred of real science on your side and your one and only solution is to close down the US Economy, what are we supposed to think?

Here's your "Science"

mann_treering.jpg

I thought this was a joke at first. But, nope, this is what passes for AGWCult "Science"

And what do you offer in return? Can you show us a single experiment that shows a temperature increase from a 120PPM increase in CO2? No.

Can you show us an experiment that lowers ocean pH from 8.25 to 8.15 by adding 120PPM of CO2? No.

You've been shown several experiments that show not only that, but an even wider range. Fingers in the ear and la la la doesn't count, pippy.

Since what Frankie boy and people like SSDD are seeking is the confirmation of their sick 'Conservative' ideology, no amount of proof will ever convince them that reality does not work in the manner that their diseased ideology claims.

These are people that in survival situations die of the stupids.

Here's your "Science"

mann_treering.jpg

You've been shown several experiments that show not only that, but an even wider range. Fingers in the ear and la la la doesn't count, pippy.
Yes double down on a losing hand.

show me any one of the experiments

Sent from smartphone using my wits and Taptalk

Since what Frankie boy and people like SSDD are seeking is the confirmation of their sick 'Conservative' ideology, no amount of proof will ever convince them that reality does not work in the manner that their diseased ideology claims.

You have absolutely not a single shred of evidence to back your theory.

I ask you for an experiment showing a temperature increase or decrease in pH and you insult me. LOL

That's how I know you're lying.

theoretically, you could have 2 containers each with a little sea water and earth atmosphere the only difference would be an extra 120ppm of CO2 and that tank would have a higher temperature and lower pH.

but we both know that the lab is unkind to your theory and has never validated it even once.

I guess a science lab is the ultimate Denier

Here's your "Science"

mann_treering.jpg

no.

how's that?

go back and look dumbdumb

there were several experiments posted.

all you have to do to find your 120ppm increase as it correlates with temperature is read a fucking graph

fuck outta here

Big word there, PROOF. It takes but one experiment to validate your hypothesis. I know you don't have validation otherwise you'd have shown it by now. All of us who expect the validation are still waiting. Well......................................................

Didn't think so.

no.

how's that?

all you have to do to find your 120ppm increase as it correlates with temperature is read a fucking graph

fuck outta here

hahahahahahaahha, the same old same old. temperature drives CO2, do you, question that?

no.

how's that?

fuck outta here
you're what's wrong with social promotions. you never learned anything

no.

how's that?

fuck outta here

kay thanks history's trash

no.

how's that?

fuck outta here

kay thanks history's trash

So why can't you post an experiment? Have you ever wondered about that?

First line, 12th word in the first sentence: "misconception".

I'm not surprised YOUR school didn't teach such things. I attended a normal one. And what I was taught in the late 1960s, as the sentence construction fully supports, is that that was how GREENHOUSES worked.

PS, your contention regarding glass thermometers is incorrect. The properties of a material interface are determined by the properties of the individual materials. A mercury/glass interface is quite unlikely to behave like an air/glass interface. But, in any case, it would be the height of ignorance to fail to realize that the glass surround unavoidably provides some amount of insulation between the mercury and the air. The net result is that it takes a wee bit longer to equalize. Undoubtedly why the glass of the mercury bulb is made as thin as practical.

Just another lie on your part...but then lies are your stock in trade, aren't they? You will say anything in an attempt to support your position....truth be damned.

As to the thermometer...if the material itself is claimed to capture IR, then the interface is irrelevant. You are truly stupid...has anyone ever told you that before? Stupid and completely duped.

As to your claims regarding the construction of thermometers...bullshit pulled out of your ass. Nowhere in any literature is there any concern on the part of anyone over the manufacture of thermometers...nor has the absorption of IR by glass ever even been a consideration. Just another thing overlooked by climate pseudoscience.

Here's your "Science"

mann_treering.jpg

None that actually show what you claim. Your experiments demonstrate all sorts of scientific properties...but none show that CO2 in the open atmosphere can cause warming.

Why not try actually providing something akin to proof for once and see...or simply acknowledge that nothing akin to proof actually exists and that is why none of you provide it.

no.

how's that?

fuck outta here

Sure, several posted...none showing what you claim. The ease with which you are convinced by sleight of hand is amazing.

Forum List

Back