Two Democrats try to drag their party back from disaster

It's certainly too late to make these changes to save the Democrats from their fate this November -- only a rapid drop in inflation can do that, if anything. But these two guys understand the damage that PC and Identity Politics have caused the Democratic Party.

Even if the party took their advice today, how long would it take to claw back four or five decades of this stuff? I don't think that happens quickly. The list of specific stories and issues they have associated themselves with is just too long and too easy a target for the GQP.

And, amazingly, the party STILL refuses to see the role it has so aggressively played in the elections of 2016 and beyond, and the stunning, incredible, desperate rage erupting from the Right today.

We need a viable third party soon. Please, please, please.

Raskin and Khanna are trying to shake up discussions for the progressive caucus and the Democrats ahead of the midterms and map out a new winning strategy beyond.

They say this includes coalition-building, sharing a more optimistic message with voters and less preaching. Democrats should also reclaim issues of patriotism, stay out of the political correctness business and improve their dialogue on racial divisions, they said.

In short, they way their RP's (Radical Progressives) to STFU until after the midterms. Most of the country wishes the RP's would've just STFU and go back to flipping burgers at McDonalds. Because that's all they're good for.

Normally the first step in solving a problem is admitting that you have one. They just don't/won't do it on these critical topics.

It sure as hell isn't like these are the first two Democrats to say this.
Wait.......wut?

You want a democrat to admit they are wrong or have been wrong about something?

Now who is the crazy one?

It's certainly too late to make these changes to save the Democrats from their fate this November -- only a rapid drop in inflation can do that, if anything. But these two guys understand the damage that PC and Identity Politics have caused the Democratic Party.
it's interesting that you see the damage done by PC and identity politics, but you still apparently refuse to acknowlege the source/origin and agenda.

But, if the Democrats can move away from identity politics and PC, and the underlying Marxist agenda, I may consider that party as an option in the future.

Fat chance. I know.

Who else no longer recognizes the Dem party? Moderates mostly purged from the party. Insane policies that hurt the poor and working class. Their leaders sell out the American people for personal gain. They lie so relentlessly their credibility is shot. :cuckoo:

Many things.

I don't care enough about you or this conversation to list them or to ask you the same thing.

Again: This thread isn't about me.

Sorry to tell you, but most of the people do not like Leftist policy, or at least the outcome that happens when said policies are put in place, so they can not win elections off of that. And so, if they give up identity politics, how would they run? If you do not make people despise other people by class, then it isn't so easy to suggest to someone to allow the government to pilfer the bank account of your neighbor.

Too few, too late, too on their way out the door. There will be little room in the party of Sanders for such level headedness. Now, if moderates from both parties were smart enough to see the writing on the wall and band together into a centrist party, they'd be able to dominate for decades to come. But it's easier to make deals with the devil, wait for it all to blow up, then blame the other side.

Too few, too late, too on their way out the door. There will be little room in the party of Sanders for such level headedness. Now, if moderates from both parties were smart enough to see the writing on the wall and band together into a centrist party, they'd be able to dominate for decades to come. But it's easier to make deals with the devil, wait for it all to blow up, then blame the other side.
Precisely. And we as a country don't care enough to change a system that rewards that behavior.

And another thing: There are plenty of people on both ends who are absolutely fine with, and will defend, the status quo. Look at the posts on this thread. I just don't get it.

The only thing I can think of is that each tribe thinks that it will somehow permanently "beat" the other tribe. Then we'll all have to live our lives the way they demand.

Each end sure has one ugly autocratic streak.

LxsGigr.jpg

Stormy, you make a good case, but to do that, Americans would have to accept the current state of affairs, and they won't!

Once you say----------> OK, lets go centrist, you can no longer say secure the border, stop punishing Americans with fossil fuel prices, quit CRT, etc........or you are now the GOP. If you 1st reverse many of these policies, then say--------->lets all sing cumbaya and go from there, maybe. But stick in the center from our current position? Never happen!

The only thing I can think of is that each tribe thinks that it will somehow permanently "beat" the other tribe. Then we'll all have to live our lives the way they demand.

Later that same day:

The first step is eliminating the GOP. Democrats have their own flaws that need correction, but the country will always suck with republicans in power.

ideally, we need two different parties: centrist and leftwing.

So, do you acknowledge the source and agenda of culture wars--This is a Marxist plot hatched in the 1930s.
And another thing: There are plenty of people on both ends who are absolutely fine with, and will defend, the status quo. Look at the posts on this thread. I just don't get it.

Each end sure has one ugly autocratic streak.

LxsGigr.jpg
The horseshoe models complete bullshit.

There is only Authoritarian and Libertarian. One can be hard left and I can work with them if they're on the same level of Authoritarian versus Libertarian.

Somebody who is as "right" as me who is too authoritarian will be banging heads with me all the way down.

Forum List

Back