Turning tragedy into politics. They can't help themselves.

Ray From Cleveland

Diamond Member
Aug 16, 2015
What a sad day in Cincinnati, Ohio where a shooter left three dead and several more injured before the police killed him. What's even sadder is the comment by the lib Mayor John Cranley.

Even though the McCain funeral (which turned out to be a Donald Trump roast) was a few days earlier and heavily criticized for it's politics, it didn't stop Mayor Cranley from using death to promote his liberal agenda before the bodies were even cold.

"It’s heartbreaking," he said. "This is not normal and this shouldn’t be viewed as normal. This is abnormal. No other industrialized country has this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis, on an almost daily basis. I think there’s something deeply sick at work here, and we as a country have to deal with it."

No compliments to their police department, no condolences to the families of the victims, just the usual anti-gun message to the country.

People on the right have always jokingly said liberalism is a mental disease, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just a joke anymore.

Cincinnati police say four dead, including gunman, after downtown shooting

Last edited:
What a sad day in Cincinnati, Ohio where a shooter left three dead and several more injured before the police killed him. What's even sadder is the comment by the lib Mayor John Cranley.

Even though the McCain funeral (which turned out to be a Donald Trump roast) was a few days earlier and heavily criticized for it's politics, it didn't stop Mayor Cranley from using death to promote his liberal agenda before the bodies were even cold.

"It’s heartbreaking," he said. "This is not normal and this shouldn’t be viewed as normal. This is abnormal. No other industrialized country has this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis, on an almost daily basis. I think there’s something deeply sick at work here, and we as a country have to deal with it."

No compliments to their police department, no condolences to the families of the victims, just the usual anti-gun message to the country.

People on the right have always jokingly said liberalism is a mental disease, but now I'm beginning to wonder if it's not just a joke anymore.

From what I found, the shooter's name was Omar Santa Perez. He had a history of mental issues. He legally purchased the 9mm pistol, had multiple magazines and about 200 rounds on his person. The bank was also posted "No Weapons."

Well said, Ray. Thank you.

Uhhhmmmmm yyyyyyyeah. So decrying the "level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis" is 'anti-gun'.

So you're saying Almighty Gun is the very reason for this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis.

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

Instead of more "cheap rhetoric", as Megan McCain said at Donald's roast, I'll just post the fucking facts for you about America, guns and the other developed countries that don't have our problem:

NOTE THE LAST LINE IN THE CHART, MORON: 10.2 per 100,000

gun-death-rates-chart.jpg

From what I found, the shooter's name was Omar Santa Perez. He had a history of mental issues. He legally purchased the 9mm pistol, had multiple magazines and about 200 rounds on his person. The bank was also posted "No Weapons."
I could be that the sign was not in Spanish.

Uhhhmmmmm yyyyyyyeah. So decrying the "level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis" is 'anti-gun'.

So you're saying Almighty Gun is the very reason for this level of active multiple shootings on a regular basis.

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

He could have just as easily stabbed 10 people. Or 20 people.

No one gives a shit anymore about mass shootings.
The Republicans and the NRA have made them irrelevant.
They have made human life irrelevant.
It's more important for every fucking idiot in this country to own a gun than it is to save a single life.
But by god they will fight you to the death to save an embryo from abortion.

It's more important for every fucking idiot in this country to own a gun than it is to save a single life.

Actually, nobody gives a shit about them because they realize they can't do anything about them.

Name one effective piece of firearms legislation passed during the entire Obama Presidency.

Well, other countries have car attacks, acid attacks, hand grenade attacks and machete attacks. So we're right up there with normal.

As a law abiding US citizen the Constitution, which is the ultimate law of the land, states I have a right to bear arms and you opinion or anyone else's don't mean shit. By the way loon why don't you point out the part of the Constitution that indicates abortion is a right ?

I do believe this is the stupidest post I have read today. Congratulations.

My greatest fear right now is that this new Supreme Court Justice will ban abortion while at the same time, reverse all the gun laws.

Then there will be nothing but babies everywhere. And guns!!!

AND BABIES WITH GUNS!!!!!! :ack-1::shok::surprised1:

Aren't you.

Isn't that revealing.

No.... mental illness and a 24/7 news cycle and social media are the problem.

Well, other countries have car attacks, acid attacks, hand grenade attacks and machete attacks. So we're right up there with normal.

they will have gun attacks too.....they have guns in their country but their society hasn't embraced mass shooting yet....Britain has almost had 3 in the last few years, when they averaged only one every decade....the only thing that saved them was dumb luck.......they caught the shooters before they attacked....and then try to credit gun control....

Deplorable. Saving babies and being able to protect yourself. What's next, the right to free speech???

Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives, according to the CDC.....mass shooters each year?...kill less than 70 ......can you tell which number is bigger?

Instead of more "cheap rhetoric", as Megan McCain said at Donald's roast, I'll just post the fucking facts for you about America, guns and the other developed countries that don't have our problem:

Like this isn't something we've seen before?

Those guns just get up and start killing people......scary.

Speaking of people, did you ever blame them instead of the guns?

Yeah, look at the non-firearm suicide rates, 23.1, 24.1 and 31.5, ours, 6.1. I guess those gun free utopias aren't such great places to live.

Hey....dumb shit.....please explain why it is that as more Americans own and carry guns, our gun murder rate went down 49%......that is a lot of lives that weren't taken as more, not fewer, Americans own and carry guns...

Can't explain it, can you?

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17.25 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2018...guess what happened...

-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Forum List

Back