Turkey drops objections to Finland and Sweden joining NATO

You get the multipolar world order that will replace the US led unipolar one.

Russia is a commodity powerhouse and China a manufacturing giant. The US however is just a shadow of what it once was, as is Europe.
You do realize that the "commodity powerhouse" just defaulted on it's loans, right?....Ivan

Thats why Russia and China are making their own banking system free from US or western influence.
The era of the US unipolar world order is over and you will learn it the hard way.
Go back home Vlad....

So, 830 more miles of NATO border. I predicted "end of the summer", but close enough, lol.

I would have told Erdo- "there is going to be a vote. If you vote against, there's going to be another vote..."

So very true. Maybe they are realizing that getting to close to Pootin is not in their best interest.
Only reason Turkey held back is because of who the West calls a terror organization (the PKK) that Turkey sells arms to. Realistically, Russia's encroaching on their other allies' borders changes the picture.

You get the multipolar world order that will replace the US led unipolar one.

Russia is a commodity powerhouse and China a manufacturing giant. The US however is just a shadow of what it once was, as is Europe.
Saddam flirted with changing trade with oil dollars and it didn't work out so well.

Worry about Taiwan because its about to be taken.
Unlike Crimea, Taiwan is recognized as part of China by the International community. That includes the USA.

It's gov't is autonomous by agreement. That was the price for a permanent seat on the UNSC.

Xi may or may not continue to honor those agreements, but so far he hasn't shown any inclination to get into an economic pissing match with the US and EU. If he moves on Taiwan, he will see the same sanctions Russia is seeing. China is a great producer, but producers need consumers- and the prize markets are the US and EU.

That's why he doesn't recognize any of Russia's territorial claims on Ukraine.

Russia is just a larger version of North Korea now. A CHINESE client state. Putin has to bow to Xi.

Only reason Turkey held back is because of who the West calls a terror organization (the PKK) that Turkey sells arms to. Realistically, Russia's encroaching on their other allies' borders changes the picture.
Erdogan must be afraid Turkey may be next on Poootin's radar.

Given that the Russian Army is such a joke, the Chinese must be finding it hard to resist making Siberia into New China.
Both India and China have watched Russian weapons fail in Ukraine.
Rumor is that China wants Siberia and may have Russia over a barrel.

Erdogan must be afraid Turkey may be next on Poootin's radar.
Sweden and Turkey were both shit talking saying that Turkey should leave NATO. I believe that rhetoric hit home with Turkey so there you have it. "Should I stay or should I go"

A bad day for Putin.

It probably doesn't make much difference other than Putin not being able to save face.

Finland and Sweden, if attacked by Russia, would see the full force of the EU pound on them, that's for sure.

Forum List

Back