Trump's Interesting Interview with Hannity.

We won World War II, and pretty fucking decisively.

We could've done the same in Afghanistan. The world would not have approved, but the means is there to take a country like Afghanistan and start over from scratch...
Zyklon-B and group showers? That's been tried before, it didn't end well.
You may want to read up on "moral authority".

Zyklon-B and group showers? That's been tried before, it didn't end well.
You may want to read up on "moral authority".

We didn't use Zyklon-B in World War II.

You might want to read up on "intelligent posting"...

Trump said some interesting things in last night's interview with Sean Hannity.

Specifically, it has to do with the Afghan military and the Taliban.

Trump recounted:

I have no reason to doubt Trump. If true, which I suspect it is, then he is absolutely right. If you are bribing your allies to fight, then they are nothing more than mercenaries. They have no loyalty to the cause and will flee as soon as the paychecks stop coming in.

It explains in some part the sudden collapse of the Afghan military.

Trump went on about the Taliban leadership:

Interesting that Trump admitted he got along better with the Taliban than our Afghans allies. Kind of reminds me how Trump got along better with Putin than Merkel for instance. However, I don't disagree that the Afghan leadership was corrupt. The question is why didn't he deal with that corruption, but by that point there was little, Trump or any president for that matter, could do about it anyway.

Trump went on:

So, Trump himself is acknowledging the reality of Afghanistan and the poor choices we faced there.

From the NY Post:

So in other words, here is a tacit acknowledgement that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was inevitable after the US withdraws. If not, why would Trump threaten them with massive retaliation if our country was hit by a terrorist attack. I don't disagree with Trump there, I agree with him that he should have warned the Taliban of the ramifications of any attack on the US.

I am not bashing Trump in this thread because many of the points, not all, he makes I agree with.

You do realize the Taliban was growing in popularity by promoting to the people the Americans were occupiers. And TRUMP is right pointing out that the Afghan army was only fight for a paycheck, and the now former government struggled with relating a commitment to Islam. The lesson we should learn is when given a choice of a permeant US military presence or being ruled by radical Islamist, moderate muslims overwhelmingly chose the radical Islamist.

We didn't use Zyklon-B in World War II.

You might want to read up on "intelligent posting"...
This is your post, please explain how this means anything but exterminating AFGs
"The world would not have approved, but the means is there to take a country like Afghanistan and start over from scratch...'

As much as I dislike Trump the fact is the Government and Military of Afghanistan was nothing but corrupt people that only wanted the money and once the U.S. left you saw collapse in days of the entire nation.

So now what?

Simple, the U.S. must include nations like Iran, Pakistan and Turkey into the conversation when dealing with Afghanistan and instead fighting the Taliban maybe for once work with them and get them to realize that we don’t have to be enemies at all.

Also for those crying over the abuse women will endure in Afghanistan, well where is your outrage when it come to countries like Saudi Arabia?

If you condone or turn a blind eye to Saudi abuse against the women in it nation then you have nothing to complain about when it come to the Taliban!

Also let be clear Saudi Arabia has sponsored terrorism in the past and is no better than the Taliban, so let cut the nonsense and let work to get the Taliban to be something more than a brutal leadership that it has been for decades and learn we can’t force them to change overnight but over time we can erode many of their cave dwelling ways and bring them into the 21st century without using war as the answer.
So we want oil from them.

This is your post, please explain how this means anything but exterminating AFGs
"The world would not have approved, but the means is there to take a country like Afghanistan and start over from scratch...'
We didn't exterminate the Japanese, but we sure the fuck brought them to the table...

Trump said some interesting things in last night's interview with Sean Hannity.

Specifically, it has to do with the Afghan military and the Taliban.

Trump recounted:

I have no reason to doubt Trump. If true, which I suspect it is, then he is absolutely right. If you are bribing your allies to fight, then they are nothing more than mercenaries. They have no loyalty to the cause and will flee as soon as the paychecks stop coming in.

It explains in some part the sudden collapse of the Afghan military.

Trump went on about the Taliban leadership:

Interesting that Trump admitted he got along better with the Taliban than our Afghans allies. Kind of reminds me how Trump got along better with Putin than Merkel for instance. However, I don't disagree that the Afghan leadership was corrupt. The question is why didn't he deal with that corruption, but by that point there was little, Trump or any president for that matter, could do about it anyway.

Trump went on:

So, Trump himself is acknowledging the reality of Afghanistan and the poor choices we faced there.

From the NY Post:

So in other words, here is a tacit acknowledgement that a Taliban takeover of Afghanistan was inevitable after the US withdraws. If not, why would Trump threaten them with massive retaliation if our country was hit by a terrorist attack. I don't disagree with Trump there, I agree with him that he should have warned the Taliban of the ramifications of any attack on the US.

I am not bashing Trump in this thread because many of the points, not all, he makes I agree with.

Miss Trump yet?.....

Wow! What has happened to America where we've reached a point where you can actually recognize
and approve of some of Donald Trump's comments.

In turn I congratulate you for stepping out of the partisan bubble for a bit.

I was an anti Trumper when Donald entered office but changed my mind when I saw the good some of
his policies were doing. Far from perfect but farther still from the monster many on the left has painted
him to be your post takes some guts to make.

I commend you.

Yea, where are those “500 generals and admirals” that backed Biden at this week? Our entire military leadership and intel agencies got exposed for the buffoons they are when it comes to basic human understanding and the will to fight.

Biden moved against their advice, that's what happened to them.

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) said President Biden directly ignored the advice of military leaders during briefings on the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.

"I was in a number of these briefings over the last couple months, it was pretty obvious to me what was going to happen," McConnell said Monday. "I know for a fact that the president's military leaders argued against this decision. I think the president himself felt strongly about this and overruled his own military leaders to do it, and he owns it."

So now what?

Simple, the U.S. must include nations like Iran, Pakistan and Turkey into the conversation when dealing with Afghanistan and instead fighting the Taliban maybe for once work with them and get them to realize that we don’t have to be enemies at all.

Trump did work with the Taliban and even signed an agreement with them. He also had a plan of removing all our military equipment when we finally did leave. Biden said to hell with it. Leave the taxpayer stuff there and give the Taliban more power than they ever had.

Senate minority leader Mitch McConnell (R., Ky.) said President Biden directly ignored the advice of military leaders during briefings on the withdrawal of troops from Afghanistan.

"I was in a number of these briefings over the last couple months, it was pretty obvious to me what was going to happen," McConnell said Monday. "I know for a fact that the president's military leaders argued against this decision. I think the president himself felt strongly about this and overruled his own military leaders to do it, and he owns it."

Not exactly what I meant. Yea he ignored their plans for evacuation but he believed in all the bullshit they’ve been saying for the last 15+ years, that the Taliban could be held back by the Afghan forces. That those people would fight for democracy. President Trump knew that was all bullshit.

This leaves Kamala Harris naked and holding on by a vine that offers zero security.

She has portrayed herself as someone who was there when Joe decided to
go against his own advisors but someone who admired Joe sticking to his principles
so presumably she admired one of the great political and military blunders of the last
forty plus years!

Lay down with dogs. Wake up with fleas. Farewell, Kamala Harris.

Not exactly what I meant. Yea he ignored their plans for evacuation but he believed in all the bullshit they’ve been saying for the last 15+ years, that the Taliban could be held back by the Afghan forces. That those people would fight for democracy. President Trump knew that was all bullshit.

The problem with the military is it was poisoned from the Afghan government down. Afghan solders were telling stories of no support and at times not even having ammo for their weapons. They were willing to fight but needed backup to continue their battles. It happens to the best of people. Look at our police forces all over the country in liberal cities and states. They gave up. Many took early retirement, others found jobs in another city or state, and many police departments are looking to hire new officers but can't get people to apply.

People lose faith when the top brass won't stand by their side, and even turn against them.

How could we have won in Afghanistan? Tell us your plan.

Well, how did we end World War II?

I would fully support using the same means. Drop a bomb on them. Drop a bomb which raises the ambient temperature a few million degrees in a millisecond.

Yes, I'm fully aware that we would never do that again. But I would support it, simply because they've proven that they can't be beaten with conventional warfare...

Forum List

Back