Trump's election lies are an attempted coup. Biden/ Dems should say so

DrLove

Diamond Member
Jun 15, 2016
Central Oregon Coast
SO true - And enough is ENOUGH!

President Donald Trump is not trying to simply undermine President-elect Joe Biden's presidency, nor is he primarily trying to position himself for a 2024 presidential run, as many have suggested. No, Trump's No. 1 goal is to overturn the results of the 2020 election. It's time for Biden and other Democratic leaders to describe his actions in the most forceful and universally understandable language possible. And that means, in this case, calling them part of an attempted coup to illegally overthrow the Biden presidency.​
In the past few days, several experts have noted that Trump's actions do not technically constitute a "coup" in the academic sense. According to Michael Albertus, an associate professor of political science at the University of Chicago, for example, a coup "typically connotes a violent takeover of government." Yet these same experts warn that Trump's actions are a threat to our democracy.​
Regardless of how you define the word, now is not the time for academic debates. Trump's wildly effective communications strategy proves that sometimes simpler is better. Biden's response, in contrast, has been far too careful and far too polite. On Thursday, Biden called Trump's efforts to undermine the election results "totally irresponsible," adding that his message to immigrants worried about Trump's electoral attacks was "Hang on. I'm on my way." Other leading Democrats have, for the most part, followed Biden's lead.​
This message is not surprising given Biden's campaign strategy, which emphasized unity. Such sentiment was also at the heart of Biden's victory speech Nov. 7. But it is nevertheless a very bad strategy.​
Italy's Benito Mussolini and Russia's Vladimir Putin amassed power through bullying. These types of leaders treat silence or muted responses as a sign of weakness, emboldening them to push further with their authoritarian goals.​

CONTINUED:

Already a pissy pants thread on this.............

President Donald Trump is not trying to simply undermine President-elect Joe Biden's presidency, nor is he primarily trying to position himself for a 2024 presidential run, as many have suggested. No, Trump's No. 1 goal is to overturn the results of the 2020 election. It's time for Biden and other Democratic leaders to describe his actions in the most forceful and universally understandable language possible. And that means, in this case, calling them part of an attempted coup to illegally overthrow the Biden presidency.​
In the past few days, several experts have noted that Trump's actions do not technically constitute a "coup" in the academic sense. According to Michael Albertus, an associate professor of political science at the University of Chicago, for example, a coup "typically connotes a violent takeover of government." Yet these same experts warn that Trump's actions are a threat to our democracy.​
Regardless of how you define the word, now is not the time for academic debates. Trump's wildly effective communications strategy proves that sometimes simpler is better. Biden's response, in contrast, has been far too careful and far too polite. On Thursday, Biden called Trump's efforts to undermine the election results "totally irresponsible," adding that his message to immigrants worried about Trump's electoral attacks was "Hang on. I'm on my way." Other leading Democrats have, for the most part, followed Biden's lead.​
This message is not surprising given Biden's campaign strategy, which emphasized unity. Such sentiment was also at the heart of Biden's victory speech Nov. 7. But it is nevertheless a very bad strategy.​
Italy's Benito Mussolini and Russia's Vladimir Putin amassed power through bullying. These types of leaders treat silence or muted responses as a sign of weakness, emboldening them to push further with their authoritarian goals.​

CONTINUED:

NBC news opinion article :auiqs.jpg:

Mine is an entirely different story with a similar theme. Time has come to call a spade a spade - Ya loon ;-)

CONTINUED:

Nothing done so far in any way is outside the legal outlined process for presidential succession. All he is doing is not participating in the courtesies usually extended, and I don't blame him.

Mine is an entirely different story with a similar theme. Time has come to call a spade a spade - Ya loon ;-)
The only thing that has changed is the Depends you are pissing.

CONTINUED:

What is Trump doing that's illegal?

The fear is palpable.

CONTINUED:

The only coup I've seen is the one the Dems used in this election.

CONTINUED:

This thread REEKS of worry.

Just sayin'

Just a nitpick ... challenging the election in a court of law is lawful ... all of us would be entitled to this option ... all of this is within the US Constitution ...

Meh - Nobody has ever filed 40+ lawsuits after an election and lied to the American people to the extent this wannabe prick-tater has.
He's one for 40. Can you imagine a MLB team keeping a pitcher with a 0.025 average or even sending him back out to the mount after say 10 straight losses?
He is also twisting the arms of governors and secretaries of state. Absolutely unethical.
The time has come - That time is NOW

I smell . . . FEAR . . .

I smell . . . FEAR . . .

I smell . . . DESPERATION . . .

Words have meaning. It’s not a coup. It’s just Trump being the same inveterate liar he has always been. It may destabilize and delegitimize the nation, but that’s basically been his play the whole time.

Not a coup.

Words have meaning. It’s not a coup. It’s just Trump being the same inveterate liar he has always been. It may destabilize and delegitimize the nation, but that’s basically been his play the whole time.

Not a coup.
Obama, Biden, Rice, Comey, Stzrok, Brennan, and McCabe are the coup-plotters. Did I leave out someone ?
119.gif

Just a nitpick ... challenging the election in a court of law is lawful ... all of us would be entitled to this option ... all of this is within the US Constitution ...

Meh - Nobody has ever filed 40+ lawsuits after an election and lied to the American people to the extent this wannabe prick-tater has.
He's one for 40. Can you imagine a MLB team keeping a pitcher with a 0.025 average or even sending him back out to the mount after say 10 straight losses?
He is also twisting the arms of governors and secretaries of state. Absolutely unethical.
The time has come - That time is NOW

Doesn't make it illegal ... now does it? ... MLB teams have been known to send outfielders to the pitcher's mound ... no rule against it ...

But you're okay with the VP of the USA using the powers of his office to get his children jobs in corrupt third world nations ... perhaps yours isn't the ethical values we should aspire to ...

New Topics

Forum List

Back