Trump White House folds like cheap lawn chair on Australian refugee swap deal

Yep, he promised all of his promises will be as promised, I heard him say, "soon" and, "believe me". How can anyone dismiss such sincerity?

---SARCASM ALERT---

As someone aptly stated, "Trump is a fucking bull carrying a China shop on his back....."

Pence says United States will honor refugee deal with Australia

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence said on Saturday the United States would honor a controversial refugee deal with Australia, under which the United States would resettle up to 1,250 asylum seekers, a deal President Donald Trump had described as "dumb".

Pence told a joint news conference with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull that the deal would be subject to vetting, and that honoring it "doesn't mean that we admire the agreement".

"We will honor this agreement out of respect to this enormously important alliance," Pence said at Turnbull's harbor side official residence in Sydney.
======================================================================

What a joke. No wall, no trade deals ripped up, Obamacare and the Iran Deal still in effect. The list of flops and flips goes on and on. This bumbling boob President is a disaster.
I'm glad he's going to respect the agreement made by the previous administration. Shows some sanity. I'll take it.

Even those whose sanity is in question can come up with almost genius comments/ideas. It is the process of chemicals and electricity within the brain, involving a variety of interrelated steps, which can go awry; in these cases this malfunction of someone challenged by reality can lead to a light bulb moment. Thus, there is hope that one day during the next three years & nine months such a moment of clarity will occur between the ears of Donald Trump.
In other words, even a stopped watch is right twice a day.

Australia is a traditional ally and Barry agreed to take their refugees.....his word didn't mean shit but he spoke for the US and that has to be honored. Not many remember that the Aussies were with us in Vietnam...we'd run into their patrols on occasion and take 5 to shoot the breeze....funny bastids and excellent soldiers.

U.S. Vice President Mike Pence said on Saturday the United States would honor a controversial refugee deal with Australia, under which the United States would resettle up to 1,250 asylum seekers, a deal President Donald Trump had described as "dumb".

Pence told a joint news conference with Australian Prime Minister Malcolm Turnbull that the deal would be subject to vetting, and that honoring it "doesn't mean that we admire the agreement".

"We will honor this agreement out of respect to this enormously important alliance," Pence said at Turnbull's harbor side official residence in Sydney.

What a joke. No wall, no trade deals ripped up, Obamacare and the Iran Deal still in effect. The list of flops and flips goes on and on. This bumbling boob President is a disaster.

SO, he was attacked for reneging on the deal, and now he is attacked on honoring the deal.

The words of lefties have no meaning, not even to themselves.

Maybe especially to themselves.

SO, he was attacked for reneging on the deal, and now he is attacked on honoring the deal.

Moron......the objective of the post is to emphasize that Trump is the eternal idiot, and that Pence had to bail him out of yet another fuck up.

Moron......the objective of the post is to emphasize that Trump is the eternal idiot, and that Pence had to bail him out of yet another fuck up.

Nope. Your blind partisanship is plain to see.

If you gave ANY damn about the issue at hand, ONE of the responses would please you.

I supported him when he wanted to end the deal. Now I do not when he is honoring the deal.

My position did not change.

Neither did yours. Smear Trump no matter what.

That is why you lefties words should be dismissed out of hand. All the time.

We could not get out of this disastrous agreement. The best thing would be to immediately take those men to Gitmo. Australia has vetted them and found them too dangerous to be allowed into Australia. They were confined to an island. Keep them confined on an island, Cuba.

/---- so fruitloop, are you glad or sad? Hard to tell.

HE's glad.

Cause he can spin this to attack Trump.

And that is all there is to it, in his mind.

We could not get out of this disastrous agreement. The best thing would be to immediately take those men to Gitmo. Australia has vetted them and found them too dangerous to be allowed into Australia. They were confined to an island. Keep them confined on an island, Cuba.
Doesn't sound to me like Australia even tried to vet the boat people. They have a blockade. They don't drown them, though.

Under laws first put in place in 2001, successive Australian governments have required asylum seekers coming by boat to be intercepted. The conservatives, on winning power in 2013, set up a maritime blockade that Mr. Turnbull has offered as a model for Europe. But the system began to unravel after Papua New Guinea's highest court last year ordered the closure of the Australian-operated immigration center on Manus Island, ruling asylum seekers were being held illegally.

So chipper Australia has been intercepting ships at sea and dropping the passengers off on less well-developed islands. They are mostly men from Myanmar (Rohingya Muslims), Malaysia, Iran, Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan and Somalia, although there some women and children.

Who are Those Refugees Australia Doesn't Want?

HE's glad.

Cause he can spin this to attack Trump.

And that is all there is to it, in his mind.

I'm glad that Trump is waving the white flag of surrender on his stupid "muslim ban". Instead of banning muslims, he's agreed to import a few hundred. I do love rubbing it in wingnut faces. I admit it.

what i heard is that Trump will use ETREMELY EXTREME Vetting to winnow through these problem third worlders Velva.

He will use exactly the same process as Obama and then claim he improved it.

Just like he said Obama's unemployment numbers were wrong but he uses the exact same numbers and they're correct now.

Just like he said Obama's unemployment numbers were wrong but he uses the exact same numbers and they're correct now.

Wrong. President Trump openly acknowledges there are 92.000.000 unemployed Americans not reflected in the unemployment numbers because they gave up looking for work.

Wrong. President Trump openly acknowledges there are 92.000.000 unemployed Americans not reflected in the unemployment numbers because they gave up looking for work.
I live in Maine. Yesterday, on the CNN news banner it said Maine was one of four states with the highest drop in unemployment in the country. The day before yesterday, there was a front page story that covered the entirety of page 3 as well in our local paper, calling attention to the massive number of young men in our state, aged 21-35 no longer engaged in the job market at all. They aren't working, but they're not collecting unemployment either. They're working under the table at what we call "job work" (one-off jobs here and there) and collecting disability, primarily. (That's backed up by statistics, btw, not right wing welfare-hating bullshit). So if the President is actually saying that, he's right--but it may be even more than he thinks.

what i heard is that Trump will use ETREMELY EXTREME Vetting to winnow through these problem third worlders Velva.

What I heard was both of his travel bans have failed and are tied up in federal courts. According to Sessions, some judge on a Pacific Island for the second one.

How about you provide a link where they've said anything to the contrary since the election. To my knowledge this is consistent with what they've said all along.

obama intended to bring thousands of violent men here. The same men Australia found so dangerous they were kept on an island. Trump tried to keep them out but was forced to honor this disastrous agreement.

How best to deal with a couple of thousand dangerous jihadists? I hope someone has a plan or some city is going to end up like Malmo.

Forum List

Back