Trump: We need to audit the fed

Trump: Proposing a silly policy.

Why would it be silly to audit the Federal Reserve?
It's already audited.
FRB: Does the Federal Reserve ever get audited?
Yes, the Board of Governors, the 12 Federal Reserve Banks, and the Federal Reserve System as a whole are all subject to several levels of audit and review:

In addition, the Reserve Banks are subject to annual examination by the Board. The Board's financial statements and the combined financial statements for the Reserve Banks are published in the Board's Annual Report.

See our audit page for more information on all of the above audits and more information on the accounting, financial reporting, and internal controls of the Federal Reserve Board and Federal Reserve Banks.

It's already audited.

What Rand, Bernie and Donald have proposed is not a financial audit. They're talking about a much broader look at how the Fed makes monetary policy and what it is doing with foreign banks. Such matters, which would be routine at any other bank, are off-limits to the Fed’s auditors as a matter of law passed in the 1970s.

It's already audited.

What Rand, Bernie and Donald are proposing is not a financial audit. They're talking about a much broader look at how the Fed makes monetary policy and what it is doing with foreign banks. Such matters, which would be routine at any other bank, are off-limits to the Fed’s auditors as a matter of law passed in the 1970s.
I don't agree with monetary policy over fiscal policy, but the fed is not some shady organization that is going to kill us all. The fed is essentially a part of the us government.

I don't agree with monetary policy over fiscal policy, but the fed is not some shady organization that is going to kill us all.

Then an audit shouldn't be a problem. ;)
It's more silly political stuff. Do you really want congress auditing the fed? I certainly don't, congress members are the same people who hate deficits regardless of the situation we're in.

It's more silly political stuff. Do you really want congress auditing the fed? I certainly don't, congress members are the same people who hate deficits regardless of the situation we're in.

Do you really believe the Federal Reserve should be above scrutiny? That's insane.

Forum List

Back