Trump Wants To Block Pandemic Funding

After de-funding and ripping up programs for the last 3 years Trump wants to stop needed CDC money.
This is not what the GOP senators want.

“The Trump administration is trying to block billions of dollars for states to conduct testing and contact tracing in the upcoming coronavirus relief bill,” The Washington Post reported Saturday, citing, “people involved in the talks.”

“The administration is also trying to block billions of dollars that GOP senators want to allocate for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and billions more for the Pentagon and State Department to address the pandemic at home and abroad,” the sources explained to the newspaper.

The White House position is opposed by GOP senators.

After the laundry list of covid-irrelevant, ideological bullshit that the democrats have been trying to add to every step of coronavirus relief, I'm willing to bet that, "Donald Trump doesn't want hospitals to have the funds they need to combat the pandemic!" is far, far from the real story.
What story are you inferring?
Obviously the story behind why Trump is denying a Covid relief bill.

We don't need a Covid relief bill at all. America is ready to go back to work, after all, even European Leftards are going back.

We can't stay closed even if we wanted to

Yep, he's right you do need to go to Poland because most states are open.

After de-funding and ripping up programs for the last 3 years Trump wants to stop needed CDC money.

“The Trump administration is trying to block billions of dollars for states to conduct testing and contact tracing in the upcoming coronavirus relief bill,” The Washington Post reported Saturday, citing, “people involved in the talks.”

“The administration is also trying to block billions of dollars that GOP senators want to allocate for the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and billions more for the Pentagon and State Department to address the pandemic at home and abroad,” the sources explained to the newspaper.

After the laundry list of covid-irrelevant, ideological bullshit that the democrats have been trying to add to every step of coronavirus relief, I'm willing to bet that, "Donald Trump doesn't want hospitals to have the funds they need to combat the pandemic!" is far, far from the real story.
And your point is? You said "far from the real story" and I asked what that is.
Oh, you caught when I said "far from the real story"? Amazing. Did you catch, only a few words earlier, in the same sentence, where I preceded that very partial quote with, "I'm willing to bet. . . "?

So, reading that entire sentence while possessing a basic, working knowledge of the English language would lead an informed viewer to the conclusion that I'm, in fact, uncertain as to what the actual story is, and that what I've offered is simply doubt as to whether or not your perception of the story, or the particular narrative presented in the article that you've posted, are complete.

When I've actually read up on a topic and formulated a hard disagreement with something you've said, you can rest assured that my rebuttal won't be prefaced in a manner that implies that I'm venturing to put forward an unresearched opinion.
Sluff it off to the States, eh buddy? Now you can actually catch up on some reading. Here is a sample:

“Each morning at 8 as the coronavirus crisis was raging in April, Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, convened a small group of aides to steer the administration through what had become a public health, economic and political disaster. Seated around Mr. Meadows’s conference table and on a couch in his office down the hall from the Oval Office, they saw their immediate role as practical problem solvers,” the newspaper reported."
“But their ultimate goal was to shift responsibility for leading the fight against the pandemic from the White House to the states. They referred to this as ‘state authority handoff,’ and it was at the heart of what would become at once a catastrophic policy blunder and an attempt to escape blame for a crisis that had engulfed the country — perhaps one of the greatest failures of presidential leadership in generations,” The Times explained."

We live in a federalist system, where the actions of the government are dictated by the Constitution. The amendments to this document include the 10th, which reserves for state governments any power not specifically granted to the feds by said document. If Donald Trump had taken it upon himself to institute lockdown orders for the entire country, in stead you'd be telling me how he's a dictator who used the Covid19 pandemic as an excuse to shirk constitutional checks to his power and consolidate authority that ought not belong to him. And in that event, I WOULD FUCKING AGREE!

What Donald Trump DID act on was the obvious factor that falls directly under his purview, i.e. immigration, when he initiated the China travel ban, despite being roundly criticized by the left, including Joe Biden, who famously said that Trump's xenophobia wasn't going to solve the covid crisis, and by the WHO, the only organization ostensibly outside of direct Chinese control that had alleged access to the relevant numbers on the ground in China, who fed our nation's health experts even more disinformation than our health experts intentionally fed to us! How much of that early peak do you suppose could have been avoided if Americans were aware from the get-go that even improvised face coverings would significantly reduce the range of the bioaerosol released by their talking and breathing? But nah, the great and wise Dr. Fauci decided that it would be better to feed deadly disinformation to the plebs, rather than explaining the issues with the PPE supply, asking them to moderate their purchasing of medical grade masks, and letting them know how to mitigate their chances of infecting each other.

Anyway, taking it on the word of a horrifically hostile publication (and I say horrifically because no newspaper should be so politically charged that its very editorial staff have declared open political war on a major presidential candidate, and the NYT did just that during the 2016 general election cycle) that the reason that Trump ultimately stayed within his constitutional bounds and let the states act individually was out of some cynical desire to let people die and blame state level officials is naive on several levels and to degrees that defy sanity. Taking NYT's analysis of Trump admin motives at face value is no better than blindly believing Fox News's take on the ulterior motives driving Obama.

Last edited:

Oh, you caught when I said "far from the real story"? Amazing. Did you catch, only a few words earlier, in the same sentence, where I preceded that very partial quote with, "I'm willing to bet. . . "?

So, reading that entire sentence while possessing a basic, working knowledge of the English language would lead an informed viewer to the conclusion that I'm, in fact, uncertain as to what the actual story is, and that what I've offered is simply doubt as to whether or not your perception of the story, or the particular narrative presented in the article that you've posted, are complete.

When I've actually read up on a topic and formulated a hard disagreement with something you've said, you can rest assured that my rebuttal won't be prefaced in a manner that implies that I'm venturing to put forward an unresearched opinion.
Sluff it off to the States, eh buddy? Now you can actually catch up on some reading. Here is a sample:

“Each morning at 8 as the coronavirus crisis was raging in April, Mark Meadows, the White House chief of staff, convened a small group of aides to steer the administration through what had become a public health, economic and political disaster. Seated around Mr. Meadows’s conference table and on a couch in his office down the hall from the Oval Office, they saw their immediate role as practical problem solvers,” the newspaper reported."
“But their ultimate goal was to shift responsibility for leading the fight against the pandemic from the White House to the states. They referred to this as ‘state authority handoff,’ and it was at the heart of what would become at once a catastrophic policy blunder and an attempt to escape blame for a crisis that had engulfed the country — perhaps one of the greatest failures of presidential leadership in generations,” The Times explained."

We live in a federalist system, where the actions of the government are dictated by the Constitution. The amendments to this document include the 10th, which reserves for state governments any power not specifically granted to the feds by said document. If Donald Trump had taken it upon himself to institute lockdown orders for the entire country, in stead you'd be telling me how he's a dictator who used the Covid19 pandemic as an excuse to shirk constitutional checks to his power and consolidate authority that ought not belong to him. And in that event, I WOULD FUCKING AGREE!

Anyway, taking it on the word of a horrifically hostile publication (and I say horrifically because no newspaper should be so politically charged that its very editorial staff have declared open political war on a major presidential candidate, and the NYT did just that during the 2016 general election cycle) that the reason that Trump ultimately stayed within his constitutional bounds and let the states act individually was out of some cynical desire to let people die and blame state level officials is naive on several levels and to degrees that defy sanity. Taking NYT's analysis of Trump admin motives at face value is no better than blindly believing Fox News's take on the ulterior motives driving Obama.
If Trump had taken the lead it sure would have been different. Instead what do we have? From the day he set foot in the WH has he tried to unite this country? FUCK NO. AGREE?

Why wait and talk nonsense? Just like to read what you type. Not surprised.
Nobody's asking you to wait, and besides, you're talking plenty of nonsense in the meantime.
You have a hard time reading. That "wait" was directed at you. comprende?
Maybe if you would make the subject of your sentences explicit within them, I wouldn't have to guess at the exact meaning of these vague little jabs.

Poor thing, tell the class how you block something that doesn't exist?

Nobody's asking you to wait, and besides, you're talking plenty of nonsense in the meantime.
Maybe if you would make the subject of your sentences explicit within them, I wouldn't have to guess at the exact meaning of these vague little jabs.
Coming around finally.

If Trump had taken the lead it sure would have been different. Instead what do we have? From the day he set foot in the WH has he tried to unite this country? FUCK NO. AGREE?
The left has been pushing critical race theory HARD for the last 4 years. You know, the one that says that all white people are racist, and that they all benefit from the oppression of black and brown people? The one that says that the history of this nation makes its racist nature irreparable, and that the American system must therefore be torn down? The one that came up with the term POC (people of color), which literally has no other purpose than to separate all people into two categories, whites and everybody else. Everything currently going on in mainstream leftist politics is about division.

Compared to this Hotel Rwanda shit you folks have been advocating, Trump is straight up peace on earth and goodwill toward all men.

Coming around finally.
Are you on something? I feel like you're taking these exchanges in some interesting directions in your head and just assuming that I ought to be on the same wavelength.

Actually, from Day One, the day after the 2016 election, the libs have been the divisive ones.

They are the ones who wiretapped his home , the Iconic Trump Tower. They are the ones, people like the divisive John Lewis, who boycotted his inauguration. They are the ones who cooked up the Fake Impeachment.

we are only 4% of the worls's population & have 25% of the world's covid deaths.

those are the facts.
What we have is a political party that desires these results so bad they will do anything to make it happen. Even counting motorcycle deaths and shootings as Covid.

BTW- What are the percentages of testing?

prove that motorcycle deaths & shootings are being documented as covid deaths.

lol... you funny AND ridiculous.

Has to be true he saw it on facebook.
Actually it was a local Florida news station complete with the interview but you probably missed it because it wasn’t on the Clown News Network.

we are only 4% of the worls's population & have 25% of the world's covid deaths.

those are the facts.
What we have is a political party that desires these results so bad they will do anything to make it happen. Even counting motorcycle deaths and shootings as Covid.

Actually it was a local Florida news station complete with the interview but you probably missed it because it wasn’t on the Clown News Network.

you mean a local fox affiliate? hmmmmm.... interesting.

perhaps if the woman who was reporting true stats & got fired for refusing to fudge the real numbers kept her job ... there wouldn't be any question as to the validity of what is being 'reported' now.
Ousted Florida data manager Rebekah Jones’ whistleblower complaint takes aim at DeSantis
Chris Persaud @chrismpersaud
Jul 17, 2020 at 9:42 AM

Complaint accuses Gov. Ron DeSantis’ health agency of seeking to falsify statistics to justify the state’s reopening from the coronavirus pandemic in May.

Florida’s former top coronavirus data chief filed a whistleblower complaint Thursday against the Health Department, accusing the agency of firing her in retaliation for refusing to manipulate data to support the push to reopen Florida after months of quarantine.

The complaint by former agency data manager Rebekah Jones targets Gov. Ron DeSantis directly.
"These efforts to falsify the numbers are a pattern and practice in Florida government that goes on to this day," Jones’ Tallahassee attorney, Rick Johnson, said in a statement. "(Gov.) Ron DeSantis has routinely given false numbers to the press. His underlings at (the Health Department) follow his example and his direction."

In a series of public accusations, Jones has maintained that Health Department officials, including Deputy Secretary Shamarial Roberson, pressured her to misrepresent COVID-19 statistics to make the disease look less prevalent to justify reopening the economy in early May.

Jones asked to be returned to her job with back pay and other compensation, Johnson said.
The complaint, filed with the Florida Commission on Human Relations, is confidential.

Jones declined to comment beyond her lawyer’s statement. Health Department spokesman Alberto Moscoso did not return a request for comment.
Jones has said her superiors at the Health Department asked her in late April to falsify statistics, such as what percentage of coronavirus tests showed positive results. DeSantis wanted the state’s public-facing website to show that the percentage of positive tests over two weeks were below 10 percent even if the numbers were higher, she said.

When Jones refused, she was removed on May 6 from her duties managing the state’s COVID-19 dashboard that reports data such as the number of cases, deaths, positive tests and negative tests statewide and in each county, by age group and by ZIP code.
Florida’s dashboard, made and maintained by Jones after the pandemic broke out in March, earned praise nationwide, including from Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator.

As the Health Department’s geographic information science manager, Jones said she worked 12-hour days for nearly two months, maintaining the dashboard and the complex data powering it.
Since she has left, the dashboard powered by ArcGIS has been disabled several times, including at least one span of several days.
[...]
Ousted Florida data manager Rebekah Jones' whistleblower complaint takes aim at DeSantis

those are the facts.

perhaps if the woman who was reporting true stats & got fired for refusing to fudge the real numbers kept her job ... there wouldn't be any question as to the validity of what is being 'reported' now.
Ousted Florida data manager Rebekah Jones’ whistleblower complaint takes aim at DeSantis

Complaint accuses Gov. Ron DeSantis’ health agency of seeking to falsify statistics to justify the state’s reopening from the coronavirus pandemic in May.

Florida’s former top coronavirus data chief filed a whistleblower complaint Thursday against the Health Department, accusing the agency of firing her in retaliation for refusing to manipulate data to support the push to reopen Florida after months of quarantine.

The complaint by former agency data manager Rebekah Jones targets Gov. Ron DeSantis directly.
"These efforts to falsify the numbers are a pattern and practice in Florida government that goes on to this day," Jones’ Tallahassee attorney, Rick Johnson, said in a statement. "(Gov.) Ron DeSantis has routinely given false numbers to the press. His underlings at (the Health Department) follow his example and his direction."

In a series of public accusations, Jones has maintained that Health Department officials, including Deputy Secretary Shamarial Roberson, pressured her to misrepresent COVID-19 statistics to make the disease look less prevalent to justify reopening the economy in early May.

Jones asked to be returned to her job with back pay and other compensation, Johnson said.
The complaint, filed with the Florida Commission on Human Relations, is confidential.

Jones declined to comment beyond her lawyer’s statement. Health Department spokesman Alberto Moscoso did not return a request for comment.
Jones has said her superiors at the Health Department asked her in late April to falsify statistics, such as what percentage of coronavirus tests showed positive results. DeSantis wanted the state’s public-facing website to show that the percentage of positive tests over two weeks were below 10 percent even if the numbers were higher, she said.

When Jones refused, she was removed on May 6 from her duties managing the state’s COVID-19 dashboard that reports data such as the number of cases, deaths, positive tests and negative tests statewide and in each county, by age group and by ZIP code.
Florida’s dashboard, made and maintained by Jones after the pandemic broke out in March, earned praise nationwide, including from Dr. Deborah Birx, the White House coronavirus response coordinator.

As the Health Department’s geographic information science manager, Jones said she worked 12-hour days for nearly two months, maintaining the dashboard and the complex data powering it.
Since she has left, the dashboard powered by ArcGIS has been disabled several times, including at least one span of several days.
[...]
Ousted Florida data manager Rebekah Jones' whistleblower complaint takes aim at DeSantis
Waaaaa! The governor won’t let me count motorcycle deaths as Covid!

those are the facts.

[...]
Waaaaa! The governor won’t let me count motorcycle deaths as Covid!

wahhhhhhhhhhhh ........... donny wanted to stifle the national case & death counts so he tried to cancel the CDC from reporting them & shuffle them off to his hand picked HHS mooks but there was too much public outcry that it has been returned to the CDC!!!!!

lol.............

The Pandemic is winding down , ok.

Did you see that Europe is opening back up? That's going to push America to do the same to keep up, unless we can convince them to lock down.
This is a lie.

It’s this sort of reckless, irresponsible nonsense from the right that allows the pandemic to continue to spread.

OP relies on this source to tell him what to think..............

Home » Raw Story

Raw Story

Has this Media Source failed a fact check?LET US KNOW HERE.

Share:
FacebookTwitterPinterestEmailTumblrRedditLinkedInFlipboardGoogle BookmarksShare446
Raw Story - Left Bias - Liberal - Progressive - Democrat - Credible
Factual Reporting: Mixed - Not always Credible or Reliable

LEFT BIAS

These media sources are moderately to strongly biased toward liberal causes through story selection and/or political affiliation. They may utilize strong loaded words (wording that attempts to influence an audience by using appeal to emotion or stereotypes), publish misleading reports and omit reporting of information that may damage liberal causes. Some sources in this category may be untrustworthy. See all Left Bias sources.

• Overall, we rate Raw Story Left Biased based on story selection that favors the left and Mixed for factual reporting due to half-true, false and unproven claims, as well as promotion of mild pseudoscience misinformation.

/----/ Trump should follow Obozo's lead and just stop testing.

Did you see that Europe is opening back up? That's going to push America to do the same to keep up, unless we can convince them to lock down.

the pandemic is winding down alright.

just not here. we are now the 3rd world shithole that no other nation wants to come & enter its borders.

yea - so much winning.
Yeah the swine flu had 60 million effected and not one shut down. We are just lucky to have Trump to get us out of this mess liberals got us into.

This is a lie.

It’s this sort of reckless, irresponsible nonsense from the right that allows the pandemic to continue to spread.

Europe isn't opening up? I thought they were.

not a "lie" then.

Personally I think that the D's want to keep this social distancing in place until after the election- after that, no, if Sleepy Joe is elected.

the pandemic is winding down alright.

just not here. we are now the 3rd world shithole that no other nation wants to come & enter its borders.

yea - so much winning.

Damn, surprised you're not jumping up and down. That is what you wanted...fricken idiot.

Forum List

Back