Trump, the 14th and barring from office

You still have to prove he “engaged in insurrection”.

First off, there was no “insurrection“ on J6. It was a mostly peaceful protest.
Yes. J6th was insurrection. And just STOP with the peaceful shit. :auiqs.jpg:

But...Skippy hasn't been convicted. So he's just dandy to run. :)

You still have to prove he “engaged in insurrection”.

First off, there was no “insurrection“ on J6. It was a mostly peaceful protest.

I need "prove" nothing.
The determination, by my reading, leaves it up to the state legislatures and Congress.

The 14th does not say "convict" or "prove"

and
The hundreds of convictions beg to differ

I need "prove" nothing.
The determination, by my reading, leaves it up to the state legislatures and Congress.

The 14th does not say "convict" or "prove"

and
The hundreds of convictions beg to differ
It also only applies to other elected officials, not the President.

”electors of the President” is not the President.

Yes. J6th was insurrection. And just STOP with the peaceful shit. :auiqs.jpg:

But...Skippy hasn't been convicted. So he's just dandy to run. :)
We will never believe you anymore. If there were real uprisings up to that time the media/entertainers would be dead.

We will never believe you anymore. If there were real uprisings up to that time the media/entertainers would be dead.
Believe what? That your time, and the time of people who believe as you do....is at an end?
Why can't you just be silent?, and accept your fate with grace and dignity?

(Hey, this makes as much sense as anything else you've posted).

It also only applies to other elected officials, not the President.

”electors of the President” is not the President.
From the 14th

"or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, "

Trump, as a former OFFICER (member of executive branch), who took the oath, and who has engaged in an insurrection against the US is ineligible to hold any office elected or appointed.

insurrection
"an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence:"
armed insurrection

1706475180354.png

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

By Mark Hosenball and Sarah N. Lynch
August 20, 202110:43 PM EDTUpdated 2 years ago

iu

insurrection
"an organized attempt by a group of people to defeat their government and take control of their country, usually by violence:"
armed insurrection

View attachment 894393

Exclusive: FBI finds scant evidence U.S. Capitol attack was coordinated - sources

iu
The hundreds of convictions would put the lie to your denial.

insurrection
armed insurrection

View attachment 894393

iu
"a violent uprising against an authority or government"....
Spin it any way you'd like. :)

Section 3 Disqualification from Holding Office​

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

First, the Ballots

I don't see anything in the text that calls for, permits, or forbids removing a person's name from the ballots. In the primaries this is solely a State decision and in the General this still falls to the states although Federal jurisdiction may be inferred via the VRA.

I don't see that SCOTUS has any jurisdiction in the primary prospect and its jurisdiction in the General is "iffy."

Certification at the State

This is the first place I see that Trump could be excluded. State legislatures, under the 14th, could refuse to certify a Trump win and decide to submit a different slate of electors or no electors at all.

The Congress

One of three places Trump could be declared an insurrectionist. Courts, and State Legislatures being the others. My reading says that a majority of each House, any State legislature, or any Federal court has the authority to declare Trump an insurrectionist at which time Trump can only enter any Federal office, elected or not, upon a 2/3 vote of each house of Congress.

Not sure how it would work in the Congress. Would each House hold a separate vote as to whether Trump is an insurrectionist? Would the VP declare Trump ineligible and the collective Congress vote?

My thinking favors the latter as the VP is "in charge" during the certification process.

My own thinking here is that Trump is ineligible to hold any Federal office with the actual events and the numbers of people convicted for their actions under Trump's direction/banner.

I'd like to discuss how such a ban would be implemented.
Translation: Trump is not only leading the national polls but is either tied or ahead in every single swing state. If we give Biden all of the ties, Trump wins and you are terrified to your bones.

No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress, or elector of President and Vice-President, or hold any office, civil or military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

First, the Ballots

I don't see anything in the text that calls for, permits, or forbids removing a person's name from the ballots. In the primaries this is solely a State decision and in the General this still falls to the states although Federal jurisdiction may be inferred via the VRA.

I don't see that SCOTUS has any jurisdiction in the primary prospect and its jurisdiction in the General is "iffy."

This is the first place I see that Trump could be excluded. State legislatures, under the 14th, could refuse to certify a Trump win and decide to submit a different slate of electors or no electors at all.

The Congress

One of three places Trump could be declared an insurrectionist. Courts, and State Legislatures being the others. My reading says that a majority of each House, any State legislature, or any Federal court has the authority to declare Trump an insurrectionist at which time Trump can only enter any Federal office, elected or not, upon a 2/3 vote of each house of Congress.

Not sure how it would work in the Congress. Would each House hold a separate vote as to whether Trump is an insurrectionist? Would the VP declare Trump ineligible and the collective Congress vote?

My thinking favors the latter as the VP is "in charge" during the certification process.

My own thinking here is that Trump is ineligible to hold any Federal office with the actual events and the numbers of people convicted for their actions under Trump's direction/banner.

Wow! Stellar! I never once heard of this 14th Amendment option available to the Progressive Jihadists.

Translation: Trump is not only leading the national polls but is either tied or ahead in every single swing state. If we give Biden all of the ties, Trump wins and you are terrified to your bones.
Irrelevant.
Is the topic too complex?

First, the Ballots

The Congress

Wow - I was hoping we could have a 300th thread on this topic rather than just continuing to discuss on the other 299 threads here.

But yeah, garbage assertions/garbage thread.

They can remove everybody from the ballots if they want. Let them.

WE THE PEOPLE have the RIGHT to write in on the ballot ANYBODY we choose. And there's NOTHING they can do about that!
Write in votes aren't valid in many states.

Forum List

Back