Trump says Robert E Lee would have won in Afghanistan

1631182938561.png

Eisenhower idolized Lee. I consider Eisenhower one of our best. I also consider Trump one of our best. So it should come as no surprise that I agree with them concerning Lee.

let's assume that Robert E Lee was a great general and a good Christian man (he wasn't)

Lee presided over a traitorous army that wanted no America left

Lee enslaved people, despite disavowing slavery

Well, it's just like a "throw everything they like into one bowl" kind of thing from Trump. Totally ridiculous, not even worth talking about.

let's assume that Robert E Lee was a great general and a good Christian man (he wasn't)

Trump is a brainless mouth. Ignore him.

Poor Trumpy Bear - Working overtime to shore up that 15%-er Deplorable Redneck contingency. :D

"Just watched as a massive crane took down the magnificent and very famous statue of ‘Robert E. Lee On His Horse’ in Richmond, Virginia," Trump wrote. "It has long been recognized as a beautiful piece of bronze sculpture. To add insult to injury, those who support this ‘taking’ now plan to cut it into three pieces, and throw this work of art into storage prior to its complete desecration."

"Robert E. Lee is considered by many Generals to be the greatest strategist of them all," Trump continued. "President Lincoln wanted him to command the North, in which case the war would have been over in one day. Robert E. Lee chose the other side because of his great love of Virginia, and except for Gettysburg, would have won the war. He should be remembered perhaps as the greatest unifying force after the war was over, ardent in his resolve to bring the North and South together through many means of reconciliation and imploring his soldiers to do their duty in becoming good citizens of this Country."

Trump went on to claim Lee was more skilled than current U.S. generals, writing, "Our culture is being destroyed and our history and heritage, both good and bad, are being extinguished by the Radical Left, and we can't let that happen! If only we had Robert E. Lee to command our troops in Afghanistan, that disaster would have ended in a complete and total victory many years ago. What an embarrassment we are suffering because we don't have the genius of a Robert E. Lee!"

Eisenhower idolized Lee. I consider Eisenhower one of our best. I also consider Trump one of our best. So it should come as no surprise that I agree with them concerning Lee.

Eisenhower was NOT an uneducated bully.

Trump just never shuts up.. He comments on everything every minute of every day.. He jumps into the spotlight over things he knows nothing about.

It is worth noting that the US would certainly have survived the SOuth leaving, if Lee had won that war.

Indeed, I have no doubt that the North would have continued to Thrive.

Depending on HOW the south won, might have even worked out better for the Union.

How come right-wingers always harp on the fact that it was the Democratic party that was on the wrong side of the civil war and yet...when statues of racists are brought down, it is the right-wingnuts who are the ones who end up sobbing?

Because in the past we opposed their slavery and secession, while today we support their descendants right to celebrate selected portions of their legacy.

There is no conflict between the two. This should not be hard for you to understand.

Because in the past we opposed their slavery and secession, while today we support their descendants right to celebrate selected portions of their legacy.

There is no conflict between the two. This should not be hard for you to understand.
LOL. You are supporting the rights of descendants to celebrate their racist past? Nope. Not hard to understand at all. Thanks for the clarification.

Last edited:

LOL. You are supporting the rights of descendants to celebrate their racist past? Nope. Not hard to understand at all. Thanks for the clarification.

That is your spin on it. Your self serving, you being a wace baiting asshole spin.

My answer stands.

That is your spin on it. Your self serving, you being a wace baiting asshole spin.

My answer stands.
Sure it does. You support racists. Yup, we got that loud and clear. Thanks for playing.

And you are a racist. Again, we got it the first time. No need to keep repeating yourself.

You are the racist here, not me.

And you are the asshole here, not me.

Lee had a tough call to make and served his State as best he could. Quite well in fact.

Most people can understand that is worthy of respect.

you are a child. And an asshole.

during the Gerald Ford years, the US House overwhelmingly restored Lee's citizenship and absolved him of his crimes, which Ford signed into law, where he praised Lee during the ceremony

and Jimmy Carter restored citizenship to the president of the confederacy Jefferson Davis
That's nice. That doesn't change that they were traitors to the United States back in the 1860s.

Forum List

Back