Trump on 60 minutes.

I am on the fence as well~ he sure promises a lot , mostly that we will be rich .

Perhaps we do need a businessman.
This interview certainly pushes me more towards voting for him and supporting him..his confidence is infectious. I mean it just draws you in. I like his stance on healthcare,( I do prefer a one payer system which he has claimed we need before) I do agree with his stance on letting Russia deal with ISIS,I do agree with him on building the wall and taxing the rich....I don't agree with going back to Iraq.

His financial plan is coming out this morning. I do like his confidence and seems to be transparent as well as wanting to get America back on track bringing jobs back. Not sure if he would be able to tax with the free trade, but I certainly agree with him.
Just watched his news conference pretty short but he had some board up there so waiting to see what that said on it since the camera angle I had didn't cover it.

The distance between what Trump claims he will do and what he will be able to do with the Congress and courts is immense and his success at getting the congress and courts to go along with some of his schemes seems highly unlikely.

They said the same thing about Reagan and Reagan took it to the people and congress folded up their opposition tent. Congress critters are gutless cowards, if Trump gets the people on his side and the hacks in Congress fear losing their jobs they will fall in line. So its not congress he needs to convince its the people and its obvious Trump knows this.
Trump is not Reagan and the people are not on his side as you claim. He is currently getting perhaps one in five or one in four supporters from the pool of Republicans claiming to be primary voters. He still rates a high disapproval rating and he is making serious enemies as he burns bridges for an illusion he is creating. The reality is that twice as many people believe we are being visited by space aliens and a guy called Big Foot as support Trump. You people are easily tricked by those polls that only count people claiming to be primary voters. Those numbers are not cross sections of voters. The half the country that votes democrat are not included in those polls.

Your personal opinions seem to conflict with the 60 Minutes report that Trump has support among independents young and old.

His tax proposal sounds like Obama's and he is going to keep Obama care. Can someone please explain to me how this man is conservative and why we are giving any support to his big government policies?

At best, Trump would make a decent Secretary of Commerce. If demagoguery is your thing, then by all means support Trump.

Running a country with its ethical, legal and fair precepts is NOT the equivalent of being a CEO of a corporation. In his business, Trump can fire anyone who disagrees with him...even when he is wrong......Fortunately, our system of governance and adherence to laws are a bit different than how decisions are made in the boardroom.

Right these loser politicians have done a bang up job sinking us $18 trillion dollars in debt and basically screwing up everything they touch. Obama's experience? Yeah zero, nada. Your post is laughable as usual.

The distance between what Trump claims he will do and what he will be able to do with the Congress and courts is immense and his success at getting the congress and courts to go along with some of his schemes seems highly unlikely.

WRONG!

You forget, my friend - either by choice or denial - that Barak Obama has now set the precedence for any future President to be able to step in and do whatever the hail they want - by-pass Congress as often as they like - with the use of his trusty phone and pen!

This President has refused to enforce the law, has BROKEN the law, has crated his own new 'laws', and has by-passed Congress so often that Trump could immediately step in, cancel all federal funding to Sanctuary Cities, cancel funding for Planned Parenthood, declare that he and HIS DOJ will NOT enforce any act of refusing to marry / cater to / etc same-sex couples (like Obama did with the DOMA), and pretty much whatever he wanted to do...and it would all be 'legal' as OBAMA has already set the precedence. To declare it NOT to be so if a Republican stepped in and started doing it would be an ADMISSION that every time Obama did so he was perpetrating Un-Constitutional / Criminal acts!

(Personally, I don't think a Republican would do so because one of their 'weaknesses' has always been the un-willingness to stoop to the level of Liberals and their acts. Still, the above remains true....he COULD....)

And in this situation we want to elect Donald trump? Why would we want him in a position of trust when he has clearly corrupted the system in his personal life without any qualms?

And in this situation we want to elect Donald trump? Why would we want him in a position of trust when he has clearly corrupted the system in his personal life without any qualms?

And that's different from Obama HOW?! :p

Don't answer that....it'll just be partisan B$.... Have a nice day.

Executive orders have been overruled by Supreme Court decisions and Obama has not set a precedent.

The USSC has overruled President in the Past. Federal Courts Judges have overruled Obama...and have held him in Contempt of Court....yet this has not stopped him from continuing to violate both law and Constitution.

What is unprecedented is how and to what extent Obama has used Executive Privilege and simply by-passed Congress to do whatever he wants. By 'Setting Precedence', THIS is what I mean. SHOULD Trump, or any other GOP President, step right into office and begin blowing Congress off and doing whatever he or she wants they will be within their 'Liberal Precedence Setting' Right to do so, and any complaints by Liberals, as I mentioned will be a sign of both their hypocrisy and admission that what Obama did was wrong as well.

Republican Party in congress has gotten his agenda passed, not some kind of dictator like imagined power. Congress still holds the purse strings and that will always limit the President's power.

While the Republican Party has HELPED pass Obama's and the Liberals' agenda, they can NOT be blamed - which is something Liberals and Obama have proven they always want to do (blame others). It was not the GOP that rammed the minority-supported legislation (ACA) down the throats of the majority of Americans who opposed it, for example. And while Obama did not force the GOP to forfeit the Constitutional Power authority to ratify a Treaty, Obama DID violate the Constitution and by-pass Congress by declaring the Iran Treaty to be a 'deal' (NO Such Thing) and conspiratorially going along with the GOP in violating the Constitution so that only a MINORITRY of Congress was required to ensure the Iran TREATY was imposed.

Most of the things you mention Trump will be able to do will get knocked down by SCOTUS. He can not instigate policies they have already ruled as unconstitutional.

Much of what Obama has done has already been deemed Un-Constitutional as well; yet he has gotten away with it. The Iran TREATY, again, is a perfect example. The Constitution specifically states a 2/3rds majority is required to ratify a Treaty; yet Obama used the 'Bill Clinton Definition of the word 'Is' ' B$ to declare his 'deal' was NOT a 'Treaty', which is simply a LIE and an act of Violating the Constitution by By-passing Congress' to secure his 'Legacy'.

You can argue and deny all you want, but I challenge you to list in the Constitution where a President can make such a pact with SEVERAL nations, involving all that it does, call it a 'deal', and requires only 1/3rd of Congressional approval to impose it. Such a 1/3rd minority decision goes against EVERYTHING established by our Founding Fathers in this system of government.

Obama's EPA has no Constitutional authority to by-pass Congress to create and impose new laws, but they have.

So as far as I am concerned, should a GOP President step in and start doing the same thing Obama & his administration has done all the Liberals who defended Obama doing so can just STFU!
Most of what you are claiming is talking point spin. Obama has never been held in contempt. His administration agencies and Secretaries have face charges of contempt and injunctions, but they have always been resolved judicially before action was taken and again, Obama himself has never been charged with contempt. The issue of the difference between a treaty and an agreement are still being debated and as it stands, the agreement status is being accepted until and unless congress or SCOTUS decides to make a ruling.

Trump is not Reagan....

NO SHI'ITE! Neither is Obama, btw. Obama ain't even 'CARTER'! :p

...and the people are not on his side as you claim.
...but he does have WAY more support that the criminal Hildebeast... Bernie Sanders has more support these days....
No one compared Obama to Reagan. Some one compared Trump to Reagan. That is why I made the response I made.
Trump has less than a 1/3 or even 1/4 of support from Republican primary voters. Hillary Clinton has half pr almost half the support of Democratic primary voters. Even with her recent difficulties and flood of negative attacks she has a far better chance of getting he parties nomination than Trump has of getting his adopted parties nomination.

The issue of the difference between a treaty and an agreement are still being debated and as it stands, the agreement status is being accepted until and unless congress or SCOTUS decides to make a ruling.

The only people claiming that a 'deal' is NOT a 'Treaty' and that a President can make a 'deal' of this magnitude with only the support of 1/3rd of Congressional support is OBAMA and his traitorous Liberal cronies!

No matter what anyone decides, the DEAL IS DONE!
- Obama violated the Constitution by doing this 'deal', by-passing Congress to do so, then took it STRAIGHT to the UN, and presented it as if it had been accepted by the US - as if he spoke on behalf of the US. He did NOT - again, 78% of Americans oppose this deal while 66% of Congress - to include Democrats - oppose it. The MOMENT that deal hit the UN floor for a vote, without Congressional approval having been given, nations like Russia and china were more than ready to approve it so they could immediately begin trading with Iran again (selling arms to them). Billions of dollars were released to them, and Iran immediately began buying sophisticated weapons systems from Russia and funding surrogate terrorist organizations!

Once again, after another calculated Obama action the world and our allies are very much LESS safe than before he did anything!

They said the same thing about Reagan and Reagan took it to the people and congress folded up their opposition tent. Congress critters are gutless cowards, if Trump gets the people on his side and the hacks in Congress fear losing their jobs they will fall in line. So its not congress he needs to convince its the people and its obvious Trump knows this.
Trump is not Reagan and the people are not on his side as you claim. He is currently getting perhaps one in five or one in four supporters from the pool of Republicans claiming to be primary voters. He still rates a high disapproval rating and he is making serious enemies as he burns bridges for an illusion he is creating. The reality is that twice as many people believe we are being visited by space aliens and a guy called Big Foot as support Trump. You people are easily tricked by those polls that only count people claiming to be primary voters. Those numbers are not cross sections of voters. The half the country that votes democrat are not included in those polls.

Your personal opinions seem to conflict with the 60 Minutes report that Trump has support among independents young and old.
No it doesn't. You aren't providing any details other than a comment on 60 minutes. No numbers, perspective or even poll to reference.

No one compared Obama to Reagan.

:wtf:

"Camp said:
Trump is not Reagan...."

That is not only stating a fact but is kind of a comparison as well.
My comment was in response to a poster who made a Trump Reagan comparison in post #16. You are making a dishonest allegation by editing and taking my comment out of context by omitting the context via your editing. Unethical and dishonest to say the least. So are you a dumb ass, non observant, dishonest jerk or a combination of any or all?

No it doesn't. You aren't providing any details other than a comment on 60 minutes. No numbers, perspective or even poll to reference.

I'll take 60 Minutes word for it over yours.

I'll take 60 Minutes word for it over yours.
60 minutes said Trump had support from independents young and old. What that means is up to the imagination. Yours wants to believe that means a wide cross section of voters.

Rather sad....Right wingers are so needy for some "leadership' from their moribund party, that they'd take a charlatan's word when he states...."trust me, I'll make American rich and great" .....Like the poor soul that is drowning, trying to grab at a bunch of straws.

(Kasich is your ONLY legitimate chance, republicans.)

Forum List

Back