Trump ends TEMPORARY PROTECTED STATUS for 200,000 el salvadorans

Another population seeking and finding shelter in the US during a time of crisis. Think of the Cubans, same-same.
What? They were already IN the U.S. You didn't know that? Really? :rofl:

Cubans, btw, put Trump over the edge in Florida last November.

And probably no bye for the "Salvis." Since all Trump's done so far is continue a 16 year old policy.
You didn't know PR's moved to Florida en masse this year after a hurricane devastated their island? lol
Very dumb rebuttal, considering I was the first to post about that in this thread
They will be the ones voting in Florida. Another population seeking and finding shelter in the US during their time of crisis. Think of the Cubans, same-same.

They already had shelter in the U.S., you dumb shit. They've been in the U.S. their entire lives.
Not nah more, boi.

What? They were already IN the U.S. You didn't know that? Really? :rofl:

Cubans, btw, put Trump over the edge in Florida last November.

And probably no bye for the "Salvis." Since all Trump's done so far is continue a 16 year old policy.
You didn't know PR's moved to Florida en masse this year after a hurricane devastated their island? lol
Very dumb rebuttal, considering I was the first to post about that in this thread
They will be the ones voting in Florida. Another population seeking and finding shelter in the US during their time of crisis. Think of the Cubans, same-same.

They already had shelter in the U.S., you dumb shit. They've been in the U.S. their entire lives.
Not nah more, boi.
How drunk or high are you?

[
TPS has to be renewed every 18 months by the Pres. If he doesn't renew it now and lets it laps, he can not in the future reinstate it unless there is another reason different then the reason granted 17 years ago.

So why didn't he let it lapse and kick these parasites out right now?
Trump is not renewing their status, thus it gives them until the end of their last renewal to get their affairs in order and depart the US. They have a temporary legal status with an expiration date, they can't be "kicked out" until that ends.

Jan 2019 the Nicaraguans will have their TPS cancelled.
Trump's next immigration target: people living legally in US after disaster struck their countries

Seems like all the TPS refugees will be needing to go back home before the end of Trumps first term.

Last edited:
My buddy says the reason this stuff is so effective is because foreigners don’t even want to come here now. Even my snowflake German coworker is scared. He just became a citizen before trump. He thinks he might get booted.

Hey einstein. Germans aren't the same as salvadorans. Salvos are illiterate losers and they all want to come here and go on welfare. THINK

Not nah more, boi.
How drunk or high are you?
I realize that I'm fascinating but try to discuss the thread topic, fan boi.

They were given temporary protected status. Not nah more.

Trump is not renewing their status, thus it gives them until the end of their last renewal to get their affairs in order and depart the US. They have a temporary legal status with an expiration date, they can't be "kicked out" until that ends.

HAHAHA. Now you liberals are talking about Rule of Law even though your god obozo let millions of illegals stay here even though the law says they couldn't!!! Why didn't you complain about that.??

Kick out these parasite salvos RIGHT NOW!!

HAHAHA. Now you liberals are talking about Rule of Law even though your god obozo let millions of illegals stay here even though the law says they couldn't!!! Why didn't you complain about that.??

I'm a Liberal? Obozo is my god? News to me.

By law he can't until the TPS expires. I've been protesting illegals and TPS for the last 20 + years, where have you been?

My buddy says the reason this stuff is so effective is because foreigners don’t even want to come here now. Even my snowflake German coworker is scared. He just became a citizen before trump. He thinks he might get booted.

Hey einstein. Germans aren't the same as salvadorans. Salvos are illiterate losers and they all want to come here and go on welfare. THINK
I told him that but he's still scared of Trump.

I'm a Liberal? Obozo is my god? News to me.

By law he can't until the TPS expires. I've been protesting illegals and TPS for the last 20 + years, where have you been?
They forget it was conservatives who argued in favor of illegals until Trump came along. Trump tapped into the half of the GOP that doesn't want the cheap labor they'd rather have the good jobs.

Well that's what us liberals have been saying for decades. Here is what we were saying in 2006 when Republicans were arguing that illegals were just doing jobs Americans won't do. Trump tapped into the racist Americans.

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

They forget it was conservatives who argued in favor of illegals until Trump came along. Trump tapped into the half of the GOP that doesn't want the cheap labor they'd rather have the good jobs.

It was not conservatives who supported illegals. It was the establishment republicans who supported them because they collect huge corporate bribes for doing so. Also democrats who realize all the illegals will go on welfare and vote democrat.

Conservatives have been fighting illegals for decades.

It was not conservatives who supported illegals. It was the establishment republicans who supported them because they collect huge corporate bribes for doing so. Also democrats who realize all the illegals will go on welfare and vote democrat.

Yes your party has been divided on this for a long time. Here is what we were saying about you guys in 2006:

SPOT ON!

Today's Immigration Battle Corporatists vs. Racists (and Labor is Left Behind)

Both the corporatists and the racists are fond of the mantra, "There are some jobs Americans won't do." It's a lie.

Americans will do virtually any job if they're paid a decent wage. This isn't about immigration - it's about economics. Industry and agriculture won't collapse without illegal labor, but the middle class is being crushed by it.

Working Americans have always known this simple equation: More workers, lower wages. Fewer workers, higher wages.

Progressives fought - and many lost their lives in the battle - to limit the pool of "labor hours" available to the Robber Barons from the 1870s through the 1930s and thus created the modern middle class. They limited labor-hours by pushing for the 50-hour week and the 10-hour day (and then later the 40-hour week and the 8-hour day). They limited labor-hours by pushing for laws against child labor (which competed with adult labor). They limited labor-hours by working for passage of the 1935 Wagner Act that provided for union shops.

And they limited labor-hours by supporting laws that would regulate immigration into the United States to a small enough flow that it wouldn't dilute the unionized labor pool. As Wikipedia notes: "The first laws creating a quota for immigrants were passed in the 1920s, in response to a sense that the country could no longer absorb large numbers of unskilled workers, despite pleas by big business that it wanted the new workers."

Do a little math. The Bureau of Labor Statistics says there are 7.6 million unemployed Americans right now. Another 1.5 million Americans are no longer counted because they've become "long term" or "discouraged" unemployed workers. And although various groups have different ways of measuring it, most agree that at least another five to ten million Americans are either working part-time when they want to work full-time, or are "underemployed," doing jobs below their level of training, education, or experience. That's between eight and twenty million un- and under-employed Americans, many unable to find above-poverty-level work.

At the same time, there are between seven and fifteen million working illegal immigrants diluting our labor pool.

If illegal immigrants could no longer work, unions would flourish, the minimum wage would rise, and oligarchic nations to our south would have to confront and fix their corrupt ways.

Between the Reagan years - when there were only around 1 to 2 million illegal aliens in our workforce - and today, we've gone from about 25 percent of our private workforce being unionized to around seven percent. Much of this is the direct result - as César Chávez predicted - of illegal immigrants competing directly with unionized and legal labor. Although it's most obvious in the construction trades over the past 30 years, it's hit all sectors of our economy.

I'm sorry but I don't recall this being the position of the GOP back in 2006. Not even close. So you may agree with Thom and me but make no mistake you were a fringe minority in your party back in 2006. Most of you wanted the cheap labor and you were saying they were doing jobs Americans won't do.

Show me what conservative in 2006 was anti illegal immigrant. Can you show me one link or article like I just showed you our position back then? Certainly Rush used to rail against illegals back in 2006 no? How about Fox no? So who are these conservatives you are talking about? Can you show me which conservatives in the mid 2000's were against illegals? I mean from the Republican party. Let me guess, they weren't conservatives back then right?

From 2001-2008 what conservatives were against illegal immigrants?

….Rush Limbaugh told a woman whose husband is an illegal immigrant that she had nothing to worry about with regard to deportation of him or their children because all he'd have to do - under the new law under consideration - is pay a small fine and learn English.

On January 7, 2004, President Bush reaffirmed his desire for guest worker program reform and laid forth plans for its implementation

But if illegal immigrants won't pick our produce or bus our tables won't our prices go up? (The most recent mass-emailed conservative variation of this argument, targeting paranoid middle-class Americans says: "Do you want to pay an extra $10,000 for your next house?") The answer is simple: Yes. Because wages would also go up. CEO salaries, and corporate profits, might moderate back to the levels they were during the "golden age of the American middle class" between the 1940s and Reagan's declaration of war on the middle class in the 1980s.

We saw exactly this scenario played out in the US fifty years ago, when unions helped regulate entry into the workforce, 35 percent of American workers had a union job, and 70 percent of Americans could raise a family on a single, 40-hour-week paycheck. All working Americans would gladly pay a bit more for their food if their paychecks were both significantly higher and more secure.

Bush's proposed guest worker program or the many variations thereof being proposed. The GOP controlled house voted for it in 2006 but the house killed it.

Glad to see conservatives today agree with us progressive liberals.

Bush Pushes Guest-Worker Program

So I’m sorry but you can call yourself a conservative and say that conservatives never wanted illegals coming here but those kinds of Republicans were a very small minority back in 2005. So small I don’t recall ever talking to them. Because I would remember agreeing with them. And I don’t recall you arguing with Bush or McCain when they said that illegals were doing jobs Americans won’t do.

Show me something explaining how conservatives were fighting illegals in the 2000's.

Reclaiming the Issues: "It's an Illegal Employer Problem"

From 2000-2008 can you show me what “conservatives” were saying against illegal immigrants? Who are these conservatives? Please don’t say Ron Paul. Anyone in the Republican party?

….Rush Limbaugh told a woman whose husband is an illegal immigrant that she had nothing to worry about with regard to deportation of him or their children because all he'd have to do - under the new law under consideration - is pay a small fine and learn English. On January 7, 2004, President Bush reaffirmed his desire for guest worker program reform and laid forth plans for its implementation

But if illegal immigrants won't pick our produce or bus our tables won't our prices go up? (The most recent mass-emailed conservative variation of this argument, targeting paranoid middle-class Americans says: "Do you want to pay an extra $10,000 for your next house?") Yes. Because wages would also go up.

Fifty years ago, when unions helped regulate entry into the workforce, 35 percent of American workers had a union job, and 70 percent of Americans could raise a family on a single 40-hour-week paycheck. All working Americans would gladly pay a bit more for their food if their paychecks were both significantly higher and more secure.

Bush's proposed guest worker program or the many variations thereof being proposed. The GOP controlled house voted for it in 2006 but the house killed it.

Bush Pushes Guest-Worker Program

So I’m sorry but you can call yourself a conservative and say that you guys never wanted illegals but I know that’s a lie because I was debating this with conservatives back then. I don’t recall you guys being on the side of progressives back then. Yes I remember a very small fringe group called the minute men who watched the border but they were insignificant right? So where were all the conservatives back then? All I remember is Bush and McCain saying they were just here doing jobs Americans won’t do.

Don’t forget they let illegals in to lower wages and kill unions. Flooding the market with cheap wages was the plan.

. Industry and agriculture won't collapse without illegal labor, but the middle class is being crushed by it.

Yes - it's the middle class that pays for the free schooling and welfare and free health care these illegal invaders get.

And I don’t recall you arguing with Bush or McCain when they said that illegals were doing jobs Americans won’t do.

Well i did condemn them for supporting illegals. Bush and mccain are rinos and crooks who raked in huge bribes for being mexico-firsters.

You are an idiot for saying conservatives supported illegals till recently. We have been railing against these criminal invaders for decades.

And I don’t recall you arguing with Bush or McCain when they said that illegals were doing jobs Americans won’t do.

Well i did condemn them for supporting illegals. Bush and mccain are rinos and crooks who raked in huge bribes for being mexico-firsters.

You are an idiot for saying conservatives supported illegals till recently. We have been railing against these criminal invaders for decades.
So have us union loving liberals. Perhaps we’re not so different. We just want good jobs. You just want jobs. Lol

Forum List

Back