Trump did not have my support pre election but I am optimistic that good things can result

Repatriation of money trapped overseas because of a burdensome tax code.

Simplified tax code (I hope)

A serious grip on our illegal alien problem.

Actual infrastructure jobs (as in REAL)

Less babysitting of other nations

Rebuild a decimated military

SCOTUS

School vouchers for children stuck in broken schools

Economic growth

The GOP has 2 years to make as much of this happen as possible. Get it done or lose me forever as a reliable voter.

While I wouldn’t put time limits on them…I share your optimism for some reason. If nothing else, it should be fun to watch.

What isn’t going to be fun is the board….

• As soon as a cop gets shot and the lights around the White House are not changed to blue…I can see 10 threads about it. After all, that is what happened with Obama.
  • As soon as he puts his feet on the desk, I can see 10 threads about it. After all, that is what happened with Obama.
  • As soon as there is a jobs report, it will be rejected before it is read. After all, that is what happened with Obama.
  • As soon as there is a death of an American at the hands of terrorists overseas, there will be 10 threads about it. After all, that is what happened with Obama.

I wish my liberal friends would give Mr. Trump a chance to succeed and withhold judgment until at least the Fall of 2017 before going into wholesale “I told you so” mode (regardless of what happens in the Spring and Summer) but I seriously doubt it. If you really think you’re better than conservative ass hats; why not prove it and not act like them????

Anyway, I’m with you grumps…For some reason I’m optimistic. Hey, I underestimated him (like many of us) in 2 different elections. I don’t think I want to do that again.
His victory speech is what shocked me the most. Took me completely by surprise.
It probably shocked him too when he read it for the first time off the teleprompter.
Do you ever use the off switch on your stupidity?

SCOTUS

Economic growth

The GOP has 2 years to make as much of this happen as possible. Get it done or lose me forever as a reliable voter.

While I wouldn’t put time limits on them…I share your optimism for some reason. If nothing else, it should be fun to watch.

• As soon as a cop gets shot and the lights around the White House are not changed to blue…I can see 10 threads about it. After all, that is what happened with Obama.
  • As soon as he puts his feet on the desk, I can see 10 threads about it. After all, that is what happened with Obama.
  • As soon as there is a jobs report, it will be rejected before it is read. After all, that is what happened with Obama.
  • As soon as there is a death of an American at the hands of terrorists overseas, there will be 10 threads about it. After all, that is what happened with Obama.

I wish my liberal friends would give Mr. Trump a chance to succeed and withhold judgment until at least the Fall of 2017 before going into wholesale “I told you so” mode (regardless of what happens in the Spring and Summer) but I seriously doubt it. If you really think you’re better than conservative ass hats; why not prove it and not act like them????

Anyway, I’m with you grumps…For some reason I’m optimistic. Hey, I underestimated him (like many of us) in 2 different elections. I don’t think I want to do that again.

I was surprised by it too. It's really the first time I've heard him try to reach conservatives like myself. I didn't vote for him but I will support him in any matter that benefits America. I will speak out against any that doesn't.

He can earn my vote in four years if he does well.
To be fair her speech was also very surprising.

I found hers condescending

SCOTUS

Economic growth

It probably shocked him too when he read it for the first time off the teleprompter.
Do you ever use the off switch on your stupidity?
Okay, maybe he scanned through it quickly when his speechwriter handed him a hardcopy of it a couple of minutes before he took the stage.

SCOTUS

Economic growth

I was surprised by it too. It's really the first time I've heard him try to reach conservatives like myself. I didn't vote for him but I will support him in any matter that benefits America. I will speak out against any that doesn't.

Not coming out that evening she lost was incredibly weak and frankly shocking from my point of view.

Not coming out that evening she lost was incredibly weak and frankly shocking from my point of view.
I am guessing that she was emotionally distraught and didn't want to appear in public that way.

I am guessing that she was emotionally distraught and didn't want to appear in public that way.

Tough…you suck it up and go out there. If your supporters can sit there for 6-8 hours, you can give a 10 minute speech.

SCOTUS

Economic growth

Trump has gotten a bad rap not only from the Democrats and establishment Republicans but also from most of the media which seemed to accept Clinton's lies about him being a monster wholesale, so it is no wonder that many people were shocked by his speech in which he clearly placed the welfare of the nation ahead of any feelings of anger or bitterness he may have felt.

Trump has always been enormously proud of his accomplishments, so there is no doubt he intends to accomplish what he has promised to do, and after witnessing his spectacular successes in both the primaries and the general election, there is good reason to believe he will achieve a large measure or success as President.

For the first time in my adult life, I am optimistic for the future of my country.

Hell, I am starting to be optimistic about race relations in this country. Trump will unite us all.

SCOTUS

Economic growth

In the beginning I was anti-Trump, but not as much as I hated Clinton. Trump has drawbacks but Clinton is only drawbacks.

Trump likes to win and be successful, as his history shows. He is also very smart and realistic. I can see him getting the best results possible out of the Washington swamp despite them trying to be obstructive.

We shall just have to wait and see. If he fails it won't be because he didn't try.

SCOTUS

Economic growth

Stock market is already higher then it has been since 2008. Who got elected in 2008?
The crash in 08 was decades in the making.
How come McCain and bush didn't see it coming?

The incompetents running Freddie Mac and Fanny Mae were the ones who hid the disaster from the public.

For the first time in my adult life, I am optimistic for the future of my country.

Hell, I am starting to be optimistic about race relations in this country. Trump will unite us all.

Me too. I think he will allow minority communities to take responsibility for fixing the broken aspects of their culture rather than just deciding what is best for them, like the Dems did.

SCOTUS

Economic growth

I am hopeful that he can get many of the things he campaigned on done. Return Jobs to America , renegotiate bad trade deals, simplify taxes. Most of the other things I doubt have much chance of passing.

Forum List

Back