Trump Cites Misleading Right-Wing Story On Missing FBI Texts Contradicted By His Officials

Justice Department’s Office of Inspector General said missing — then recovered — texts from fired agent Peter Strzok were due to technical problems.

President Donald Trump on Saturday angrily cited a story by a right-wing outlet claiming that some 20,000 texts by a former FBI agent and bureau lawyer were intentionally erased by an official of the Justice Department before its inspector general could examine them. But that account has been contradicted by his own administration— the Office of the Inspector General.

The OIG determined that the texts were initially missing due to faulty technology, not malicious intent. More than 20,000 texts have been recovered, according to an OIG report issued this month.

The report determined that there was “no evidence” that since-ousted FBI agent Peter Strzok and his girlfriend, lawyer Lisa Page, “attempted to circumvent” the FBI’s data-retention policies.

The conservative Federalist wrote Saturday that a DOJ official “wiped clean” and “destroyed” the texts between Strzok and Page, who had shared their dislike of Trump in messages while investigating Hillary Clinton’s missing emails — and Russian interference in the presidential election. Strzok was fired this year because of the messages. Page left on her own.

Trump angrily tweeted Saturday about the findings of the Federalist story, ironically complaining that the “fake news” mainstream media would fail to report the inaccurate information. He said the texts were “wiped clean and gone.”

More: Trump Cites Misleading Right-Wing Story On Missing FBI Texts Contradicted By His Officials

More right-wing conspiracy theories, fake news, and lies debunked - by reality. Peter Strzok deserves an apology. What do you think?
The conspiracy theorist in chief will believe anything of it supports his bias.

Democrats caught in malfeasance frequently encounter "technical problems" that, conveniently, results in missing evidence. Why don't these "technical problems" occur when Republicans are being investigated?

I'm sure we'll find out real soon - when Democrats take over the House under Speaker Pelosi.

Hitler also supported imprisoning all of his opponents so, you've got that going for you.
Lol, we've got that going for us?

Where have you been?

Why did you type your message inside my quote box?

It’s late, and I’m tired. Also tired of winning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. What are you tired of winning?

5c1570f22200001e07deb807.png

Everything so far. Amazing how all of these elite federal agencies known for their investigative skills, have found nothing. But he’ll be getting investigated for something new next week.

Found nothing? Is that why all the indictments and people going to jail? Adolf Trump is next.

DufgtTYX4AU7VSG.jpg

60 million people with guns say otherwise...

Is that supposed to be a threat?

Interesting. What are you tired of winning?

5c1570f22200001e07deb807.png

Everything so far. Amazing how all of these elite federal agencies known for their investigative skills, have found nothing. But he’ll be getting investigated for something new next week.

Found nothing? Is that why all the indictments and people going to jail? Adolf Trump is next.

DufgtTYX4AU7VSG.jpg

60 million people with guns say otherwise...

Owning a gun doesn't mean you support Trump, and it certainly doesn't mean you are willing to join an armed uprising.

What does that mean?

You don't mess with us we don't mess with you.. simple

No. That was a not so veiled threat. I suggest you get a realistic count of who is with you before you start making "WE" statements.

Forum List

Back