Trump - "Am I morally obligated to defend the president every time somebody says something bad....

I also buy some imported products instead of American ones due to cost and more often, due to availability. I do however pay extra for American products sometimes, but there are lots of things I pay extras for just to support my country. I have never owned a pair of foreign made shoes or boots.

I suspect you are not a billionaire bragging about having $ 10 Billion striving to make even more. Nor are you a person trying to convince people how you love America and want to be President because of that love while you ignore American manufactures and make them compete with China and Mexico for the clothing you sell so you can make a larger profit. Building materials are the same. Profit can be made using American made goods, just not as much profit. Guys Trump like are just greedy. He insists on make big profits even after he has tucked away billions and has become obscenely wealthy.

usalovelist.com/list/

Why the heck would I pay $150 for a pair of shoes, when I can pay $45 for a perfectly good pair that's imported?

No, I'm not a billionaire, and what difference does that make?

Poor people can be smart with money, but billionaires are obligated blow money on over priced goods, in order to meet some meaningless arbitrary version of "patriotic" that no one else subscribes to?

As for ignoring manufacturing.... US manufacturing doesn't need you to pay attention to it, brother.

Manufacturing Sector: Real Output

Last year was a record year in US manufacturing. This year will likely be a record year (at the pace of production thus far).

Manufacturing is doing just fine.

Now manufacturing jobs are not doing fine. Unions have driven up wages, and benefits, so that it is no longer economical to build stuff with US labor. So those jobs are not coming back no matter what you do.

The only way you are going to get those jobs to come back, is to repeal the minimum wage, repeal the benefit laws and mandates, and cut regulations on employers. Otherwise you are trying to catch a wave on the ocean using your hands. It will slip through your fingers.

Take Apple Iphones in China. The only reason there are hundreds of full time jobs in China, is because it's economical and practical.

If you force Apple to make Iphones domestically, not only would the price go up, but it still wouldn't create hundreds of jobs. Instead of having them built by hand, they would be built by machine.

And the bottom line is, most outsourcing is done because the other option is to go out of business.

My company used to make our controller boards in house. Now they are outsourced over seas. If we didn't do that, we'd be out of business.

The idea that you know the reasons why someone somewhere did something.... is not true. You don't know. I'm sure someone looking at our company would complain "They did it for large profits!", when in reality it was either outsource or close the company.
Anecdotal examples and excuses are always used as excuses to justify greed and other immoral behavior.

And labeling everything everyone else does "greed" doesn't change anything that I said, or the economic reality businesses face.
There are different levels and degrees of greed. Most of it is a matter of personal opinion and something one must simply justify to ones self. In other words, greed is acceptable if it coincides with ones personal ethics, religion morals, etc. There is a point however where it can become obscene.

So what is obscene? Money isn't a motivator for me.

Obscene is one of the words listed in dictionaries. It has some interesting synonyms. Foul, vile, immoral, disgusting, offensive, repugnant are some of them.

I also buy some imported products instead of American ones due to cost and more often, due to availability. I do however pay extra for American products sometimes, but there are lots of things I pay extras for just to support my country. I have never owned a pair of foreign made shoes or boots.

I suspect you are not a billionaire bragging about having $ 10 Billion striving to make even more. Nor are you a person trying to convince people how you love America and want to be President because of that love while you ignore American manufactures and make them compete with China and Mexico for the clothing you sell so you can make a larger profit. Building materials are the same. Profit can be made using American made goods, just not as much profit. Guys Trump like are just greedy. He insists on make big profits even after he has tucked away billions and has become obscenely wealthy.

usalovelist.com/list/

Why the heck would I pay $150 for a pair of shoes, when I can pay $45 for a perfectly good pair that's imported?

Poor people can be smart with money, but billionaires are obligated blow money on over priced goods, in order to meet some meaningless arbitrary version of "patriotic" that no one else subscribes to?

As for ignoring manufacturing.... US manufacturing doesn't need you to pay attention to it, brother.

Last year was a record year in US manufacturing. This year will likely be a record year (at the pace of production thus far).

Now manufacturing jobs are not doing fine. Unions have driven up wages, and benefits, so that it is no longer economical to build stuff with US labor. So those jobs are not coming back no matter what you do.

The only way you are going to get those jobs to come back, is to repeal the minimum wage, repeal the benefit laws and mandates, and cut regulations on employers. Otherwise you are trying to catch a wave on the ocean using your hands. It will slip through your fingers.

Take Apple Iphones in China. The only reason there are hundreds of full time jobs in China, is because it's economical and practical.

If you force Apple to make Iphones domestically, not only would the price go up, but it still wouldn't create hundreds of jobs. Instead of having them built by hand, they would be built by machine.

And the bottom line is, most outsourcing is done because the other option is to go out of business.

My company used to make our controller boards in house. Now they are outsourced over seas. If we didn't do that, we'd be out of business.

The idea that you know the reasons why someone somewhere did something.... is not true. You don't know. I'm sure someone looking at our company would complain "They did it for large profits!", when in reality it was either outsource or close the company.
Anecdotal examples and excuses are always used as excuses to justify greed and other immoral behavior.

And labeling everything everyone else does "greed" doesn't change anything that I said, or the economic reality businesses face.
There are different levels and degrees of greed. Most of it is a matter of personal opinion and something one must simply justify to ones self. In other words, greed is acceptable if it coincides with ones personal ethics, religion morals, etc. There is a point however where it can become obscene.

Yes, you got that right. It is opinion. People around the world look at how you live, and call it greed and obscene.

Yet I'm sure you justify it.

usalovelist.com/list/

Yes, you got that right. It is opinion. People around the world look at how you live, and call it greed and obscene.

It is not a dilemma. A consensus can be reached, an average realized, a normal placed into context and a generally accepted level and degree realized and placed into perspective. In the end, when the overwhelming majority views something as obscene greed, it is obscene greed.

It is not a dilemma. A consensus can be reached, an average realized, a normal placed into context and a generally accepted level and degree realized and placed into perspective. In the end, when the overwhelming majority views something as obscene greed, it is obscene greed.

Great. There's about a billion people on the planet that consider your life style, obscene greed. You have just convicted yourself. Go and sell all you have, and give it to the 5 billion people far poorer than you.

If you're the front-runner (currently) for your party's nomination and someone brings up an obvious falsehood....you're not morally obligated to say a word.....unless you want to appear engaged, authoritative, and brighter than others. You do that by correcting the falsehood. Trump didn't and whatever fallout there was from this is his to own. I'm sure it helped him with the WWE/Tractor Pull division of the GOP but he had those supporters anyway (whomever gets the nomination will likely also). What he needs are moderates and his silence only serves to distance them.

More good news for Hillary.

If you're the front-runner (currently) for your party's nomination and someone brings up an obvious falsehood....you're not morally obligated to say a word.....unless you want to appear engaged, authoritative, and brighter than others. You do that by correcting the falsehood. Trump didn't and whatever fallout there was from this is his to own. I'm sure it helped him with the WWE/Tractor Pull division of the GOP but he had those supporters anyway (whomever gets the nomination will likely also). What he needs are moderates and his silence only serves to distance them.

Hillary fails to appear engaged, appear authoritative, and she certainly has only seemed bright in giving obvious falsehoods herself. Of course that works for the tin foil hat "right-wing conspiracy" people on the left.... but she had those supporters already. Whoever gets the nomination will likely also.

As for Trump, I don't care if he wins or not, as long as Hillary doesn't. She's scum. Rotted evil to the core. Total trash. Anyone is better than her.

Hillary fails to appear engaged, appear authoritative, and she certainly has only seemed bright in giving obvious falsehoods herself. Of course that works for the tin foil hat "right-wing conspiracy" people on the left.... but she had those supporters already. Whoever gets the nomination will likely also.
Actually, Hillary is so on-message it's kind of eerie. Especially given this faux outrage about e-mails. The day after the price of a pill goes up 700%, she is rolling out her plan to cap the price of Rx meds. On message. As kids were preparing to go back and in some cases returning to School earlier this month and last, she rolls out her education plan. On message. As Trump stumbles time and again, Hillary is shoring up her base by going after him.

And the polls reflect that. Bernie is an afterthought and Joe Biden poses a threat only because he is not in the ring trading barbs.

Politically, she's been very shrewd which is something I'd worry about if I were you guys. Notice she held off on the Keystone XL announcement until the price of gasoline is no longer in the front of anyone's mind? Now when she announced her opposition to it, morons on message boards like this one cannot say one thing about "The price of gas is XXXX and here she is wanting us to produce less of it. Nobody is even worried about the 10-15 jobs it would ultimately produce that are permanent jobs. Shrewd.

Her "charm offensive" has gone hand-in-hand with her rise in the polls.

Anyone seen Trey Gowdy lately? No? Okay....good reason for that too.

As for Trump, I don't care if he wins or not, as long as Hillary doesn't. She's scum. Rotted evil to the core. Total trash. Anyone is better than her.

he he he....

I think you may be in for a very long 8 years. Don't worry, it'll be okay.

Actually, Hillary is so on-message it's kind of eerie. Especially given this faux outrage about e-mails. The day after the price of a pill goes up 700%, she is rolling out her plan to cap the price of Rx meds. On message. As kids were preparing to go back and in some cases returning to School earlier this month and last, she rolls out her education plan. On message. As Trump stumbles time and again, Hillary is shoring up her base by going after him.

And the polls reflect that. Bernie is an afterthought and Joe Biden poses a threat only because he is not in the ring trading barbs.

Politically, she's been very shrewd which is something I'd worry about if I were you guys. Notice she held off on the Keystone XL announcement until the price of gasoline is no longer in the front of anyone's mind? Now when she announced her opposition to it, morons on message boards like this one cannot say one thing about "The price of gas is XXXX and here she is wanting us to produce less of it. Nobody is even worried about the 10-15 jobs it would ultimately produce that are permanent jobs. Shrewd.

he he he....

No, it won't. We won't recover from Hillary. Clinton caused the great recession. Hillary will destroy this country.

You people laugh and giggle, while the entire country suffers. Ignorance is bliss, and you are party of the happy crowd.

he he he....

No, it won't. We won't recover from Hillary. Clinton caused the great recession. Hillary will destroy this country.

You people laugh and giggle, while the entire country suffers. Ignorance is bliss, and you are party of the happy crowd.

Clinton caused the great recession--8 years after he left office. Okay....the short bus will be by to pick you up soon.

he he he....

Clinton caused the great recession--8 years after he left office. Okay....the short bus will be by to pick you up soon.

You want me to repeat all the evidence for you again?

Or just a sample?

Awhr9GqZepmvh6LM1SkeSNFLoMMAT4WQO2ywfo0r7ID2kpEZGbyPSaR7T0Rk6GSOY0yFWCZL73p5XbH6I6L_8PHTxlN8YqoY94PC3jvp4DWp-EQMoAc7Cvn4gDEUPhmbTRs_lKOcy9OdLyWoETveOwB2vlxm8VlFWZFEOOsPT58I9fKz-uB1pSL9IWPv3S3dSnK1eJ2BYehNESluC_QeidffwX0eV_FUjLjXlVy9V1U9U0V2GM3FF5fUADLlepsd7PnO6LkrlElj3hThcxZn17K7Yxm6ijnQoBzQEB1Kq_ynRBga5xFOX3Rg__9sqs2U0dKoqq3PfTQojRFG2s78tFzYFp6pBUSYstX2bLzYxm8h10Klz0KOQhxoCOTQb_fpP-5OAESeB1XkoIrxqCXKtNp5TqKO66iTGcNg_k5TilQ5lYUDu4weNDgzIjPcDfCZ-GSCVrv5iGTpmlEThcchmAXsfeYKxN_MsCg_kp5VN8AoBngHFite-fpy6nbmVePHhMgATSGf_EREmzFJqnWwSRv1Yk2xJ6WbKuBN6OjNqp0=w875-h669-no

The housing bubble started in 1997, after Freddie Mac under the directions of the administration allowed sub-prime mortgages to be guaranteed.

First Union Capital Markets Corp., Bear, Stearns & Co. Price Securities Offering Backed By Affordable Mortgages

First Union and Bear Stearns were the first two banks allowed to sell sub-prime mortgages under the directions of the GSEs.

Now, do you base your conclusions on the evidence, or do I need to send your short bus back to pick yourself up?

he he he....

The recession was caused by more than just the Clinton administration. The reasons are numerous but the deregulation under Clinton was a part of the mess.

he he he....

Or just a sample?

Awhr9GqZepmvh6LM1SkeSNFLoMMAT4WQO2ywfo0r7ID2kpEZGbyPSaR7T0Rk6GSOY0yFWCZL73p5XbH6I6L_8PHTxlN8YqoY94PC3jvp4DWp-EQMoAc7Cvn4gDEUPhmbTRs_lKOcy9OdLyWoETveOwB2vlxm8VlFWZFEOOsPT58I9fKz-uB1pSL9IWPv3S3dSnK1eJ2BYehNESluC_QeidffwX0eV_FUjLjXlVy9V1U9U0V2GM3FF5fUADLlepsd7PnO6LkrlElj3hThcxZn17K7Yxm6ijnQoBzQEB1Kq_ynRBga5xFOX3Rg__9sqs2U0dKoqq3PfTQojRFG2s78tFzYFp6pBUSYstX2bLzYxm8h10Klz0KOQhxoCOTQb_fpP-5OAESeB1XkoIrxqCXKtNp5TqKO66iTGcNg_k5TilQ5lYUDu4weNDgzIjPcDfCZ-GSCVrv5iGTpmlEThcchmAXsfeYKxN_MsCg_kp5VN8AoBngHFite-fpy6nbmVePHhMgATSGf_EREmzFJqnWwSRv1Yk2xJ6WbKuBN6OjNqp0=w875-h669-no

The housing bubble started in 1997, after Freddie Mac under the directions of the administration allowed sub-prime mortgages to be guaranteed.

First Union Capital Markets Corp., Bear, Stearns & Co. Price Securities Offering Backed By Affordable Mortgages

First Union and Bear Stearns were the first two banks allowed to sell sub-prime mortgages under the directions of the GSEs.

Now, do you base your conclusions on the evidence, or do I need to send your short bus back to pick yourself up?
The evidence points out that Bush was the President during the Great Recession.
The evidence points out that Bush did nothing to prevent it.
The evidence points out that Bush's policies of hands-off and de-regulation did everything to encourage bad actors.
The evidence points out that Bush's Treasury Department had to bail out the banks to the tune of $700B
The evidence (as always) is firmy on my side of the argument.

You're the captain of the short bus. Lets assume this one factoid is the sole reason (which obviously it is not). Bush had 8 years to stop it. He didn't. So the cause is still the guy who supposedly lit the fuse or the guy who didn't put it out?

Hilarious. Beep, Beep, Beep; the short bus is backing up for you.

he he he....

Or just a sample?

The evidence points out that Bush's policies of hands-off and de-regulation did everything to encourage bad actors.
The evidence points out that Bush's Treasury Department had to bail out the banks to the tune of $700B

You're the captain of the short bus. Lets assume this one factoid is the sole reason (which obviously it is not). Bush had 8 years to stop it. He didn't. So the cause is still the guy who supposedly lit the fuse or the guy who didn't put it out?

LOL! Short bus it is.

Do you understand the difference between "evidence" and "correlation" right? Or maybe you honestly don't.

First off, out of the 5 years of the Great Recession, Bush was only president for 1 of them, 2008. 2009, Obama was in office. So you were wrong on the very first point.

But let's say you meant that Bush was in office when it happened. Bush was in office. A recession hit.

Only a moron, would automatically assume that A = true, and B = true, means A caused B. You learn that correlation does not equal causation in High School.... are you telling me you are not up to the high school level education? Short Bus stopping by to pick you up soon?

Second, Bush did nothing to prevent it? What exactly do you expect him to do? Prevent a bubble that started 4 years before he came into office?

Once a bubble starts, it's going to run it's course and burst. Now perhaps he would have burst it early on, but no one thought there was a bubble early on. Especially the Democrats which twice argued there was no problem, no bubble, no issue to be fixed. And certainly the public didn't think there was a problem.

So no, there was nothing Bush could do to stop a bubble that started before he came into office.

Third, Bush argued there needed to be more oversight on Fannie and Freddie. The democrats argued against it.

"The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios." - Barney Frank (D)

Bush Administration Tried to Reform Freddie and Fannie Five Years Ago

So on this one, you are just flat out lying wrong. Just like your scum evil she-devil hero. See this right here, proves to me Hillary would destroy the country. When her supporters are just as scummy and evil as she is.... that's a bad sign.

Fourth, no the Treasury didn't have to bail out the banks, but they believed they did. And Bush did too. They were wrong. But yes they did bailout banks, and so did Obama. Remember, Bush couldn't do anything, without congress signing off on it. And Obama did. So, nice try at the blame deflections you lying scummy Hillary supporter.

And as always, the lies and deceit are always on your side. That's all your side is after all.

The short bus will be by to pick up your "correlation equals causation because I'm uneducated" butt.

he he he....

Or just a sample?

LOL! Short bus it is.

Do you understand the difference between "evidence" and "correlation" right? Or maybe you honestly don't.

First off, out of the 5 years of the Great Recession, Bush was only president for 1 of them, 2008. 2009, Obama was in office. So you were wrong on the very first point.

But let's say you meant that Bush was in office when it happened. Bush was in office. A recession hit.
You left out that he did nothing to prevent it.

[
Only a moron, would automatically assume that A = true, and B = true, means A caused B. You learn that correlation does not equal causation in High School.... are you telling me you are not up to the high school level education? Short Bus stopping by to pick you up soon?
No room left; you're taking up every seat.

[
Second, Bush did nothing to prevent it? What exactly do you expect him to do? Prevent a bubble that started 4 years before he came into office?
Yes.

[
Once a bubble starts, it's going to run it's course and burst. Now perhaps he would have burst it early on, but no one thought there was a bubble early on. Especially the Democrats which twice argued there was no problem, no bubble, no issue to be fixed. And certainly the public didn't think there was a problem.

So no, there was nothing Bush could do to stop a bubble that started before he came into office.
So, for the first time in history, the President is completely powerless when it comes to the economy? Wow. Unless things go well and he happens to be a Republican...then it's brilliant work on his part.

[
Third, Bush argued there needed to be more oversight on Fannie and Freddie. The democrats argued against it.

"The more people, in my judgment, exaggerate a threat of safety and soundness, the more people conjure up the possibility of serious financial losses to the Treasury, which I do not see. I think we see entities that are fundamentally sound financially and withstand some of the disaster scenarios." - Barney Frank (D)
Told ya...Bullshit about Barney Frank. I can smell you coming a mile away Short Bush or Short Bus.

The only thing more predictable was some non-sense link from a right wing nutjob publication

And there you are.

So on this one, you are just flat out lying wrong. Just like your scum evil she-devil hero. See this right here, proves to me Hillary would destroy the country. When her supporters are just as scummy and evil as she is.... that's a bad sign.
Get ready for a long 8 years. I'll enjoy every day of it knowing the agony and outrage it will cause you.

[
Fourth, no the Treasury didn't have to bail out the banks, but they believed they did. And Bush did too. They were wrong. But yes they did bailout banks, and so did Obama. Remember, Bush couldn't do anything, without congress signing off on it. And Obama did. So, nice try at the blame deflections you lying scummy Hillary supporter.
Now, suddently, when Obama is in charge, it's on him.

Bush no blame--he's powerless. Your words.
Obama all the blame--he's all powerful. Your words.

[
And as always, the lies and deceit are always on your side. That's all your side is after all.

The short bus will be by to pick up your "correlation equals causation because I'm uneducated" butt.

I've taken you to school kiddo. Do yourself a favor and try to learn something.

Or just a sample?

LOL! Short bus it is.

You left out that he did nothing to prevent it.

[
No room left; you're taking up every seat.

[
Yes.

[

So, for the first time in history, the President is completely powerless when it comes to the economy? Wow. Unless things go well and he happens to be a Republican...then it's brilliant work on his part.

[

Told ya...Bullshit about Barney Frank. I can smell you coming a mile away Short Bush or Short Bus.

The only thing more predictable was some non-sense link from a right wing nutjob publication

And there you are.

Get ready for a long 8 years. I'll enjoy every day of it knowing the agony and outrage it will cause you.

[
Now, suddently, when Obama is in charge, it's on him.

Bush no blame--he's powerless. Your words.
Obama all the blame--he's all powerful. Your words.

[

I've taken you to school kiddo. Do yourself a favor and try to learn something.

You can't prevent something that has already started. If you are expecting Bush to find a time machine, go back to 1997, and then somehow stop Clinton from enacting a policy to "encourage home ownership" you are crazy.

Little hard for me to take up every seat, when you are the first one on the bus.

If you really expect him to prevent a bubble that started before he came into office, then you are no longer evil. You are simply too dumb to have this conversation.

No president controls the economy. It's not the first time, or last time. Presidents can only screw up an economy. They can't create it.

China just figured that out. They did everything they could to stop the market from tanking, and then found out... oops... nothing we can do, but wait until it fixes itself. Yes all presidents are powerless. The economy doesn't happen because some guy on capital hill puts in place the "good economy policy". That's a myth.

And there you are.

No, I'll be laughing. To some extent I think you people deserve the harm she'll inflict on you. I think it'll be great. This is win-win for me. If Hillary loses, I'll be happy the beast died. If she wins, I'll collect all the government handouts I can get from her, and proudly proclaim morons like you are paying my bills. Send in those taxes!

Either way, I'll laugh.

No, you are the one blaming Bush for bailouts. Obama voted for bailouts. YOU can't be consistent, and only blame one, and not the other. You are a hypocrite. But I knew that already. Hypocrisy is a requirement for supporting the she-devil.

Oh please... you couldn't even find a school, let alone take someone to it. You assumed correlation and causation are the same, in your first post. You failed at school, before you ever claimed you could take someone to school.

Nothing like a very tiny brain, to claim victory while proving their incompetence. I post links, quotes, and videos. You have posted insults, hearsay, accusations, and deflections. Yeah yeah... go ahead tiny mind... shake your fist and stomp your feet.

Someone running for POTUS should discourage HATE speech, and this is exactly what this supporter was doing, while Trump remained "silent".

When Donald Trump isn't funny anymore.

"So two yahoos from Southie in my hometown of Boston severely beat up a Hispanic homeless guy earlier this week. While being arrested, one of the brothers reportedly told police that "Donald Trump was right, all of these illegals need to be deported."

When reporters confronted Trump, he hadn't yet heard about the incident. At first, he said, "That would be a shame." But right after, he went on:

"I will say, the people that are following me are very passionate. They love this country. They want this country to be great again. But they are very passionate. I will say that."
Donald Trump Just Stopped Being Funny | Rolling Stone

Because if you don't correct the "hate" speech--and as we've already witnessed what happened in another country--because of this man, who reveled in hate speech.

129958-004-C9B8B89D.jpg

Forum List

Back