Toronto police board says renowned gunsmith killed in raid was 'author of his own misfortune'

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
Their bodycam footage should support their position. If none exists, than it should be considered murder.

They walked into a mans place of business in plain clothes and killed him.

There is a reason our allies don't trust us and our caste system. Only a nation who betrays their own nation in order to loe would copy Canadas unaccountable caste system.

The Toronto Police Services Board says the renowned gunsmith who died in a police raid just over a year ago "was the author of his own misfortune" in a recently filed statement of defence.

The statement, filed on Sept. 2, is in response to a $23 million lawsuit filed by Rodger Kotanko's family, which alleges an "unlawful" raid led to his "wrongful death."

An officer shot the 70-year-old while executing a search warrant on Nov. 3, 2021 at his gunsmithing workshop in Ontario's Norfolk County.

The defence denies any wrongdoing on the part of the Toronto Police Services Board, Chief James Ramer, Insp. Norman Proctor and the five officers involved — Det. Const. Richard Haines, Det. Sgt. Robert DiDanieli, Det. Const. Alex Pandolfi, Det. Const. Jeffrey Winter and Det. Const. Graham Knill.

It's the first time all of the officers involved have been named publicly.

He was already suspected guilty of several different gun related crimes.

Search warrant documents previously obtained by CBC News show police raided Kotanko's property to investigate why two guns with obliterated serial numbers registered to Kotanko were found at a crime scene in Toronto and another in North Bay, Ont.

The statement of defence says Kotanko and his employees didn't contact the Canadian Firearms Program or Chief Firearms Officer to transfer the two guns.

They accuse him of not keeping track of his guns, improperly storing them and illegally selling the guns.

Did he also resist arrest in some way?

This is why police have bodycam footage so that citizens can be assured that they live in the system being promoted to them and not one we declare our enemies run. You let me know when Canadians demand video footage.

TPS, OPP, RCMP represent a National Security threat to us and America, I've outlined countless stories of their abuses on this site
The sooner the Americans understand this and demand changes, the sooner Canada may enter the 21st Century.

This is why police have bodycam footage so that citizens can be assured that they live in the system being promoted to them and not one we declare our enemies run. You let me know when Canadians demand video footage.
Probably a good idea for body cams, but what about the questions of the bad guy resisting arrest?

And what about all the alleged crimes he committed?

Probably a good idea for body cams, but what about the questions of the bad guy resisting arrest?

And what about all the alleged crimes he committed?

There was no mention of him resisting arrest. They said he took out a gun and pointed it at them, we just have to take the five police witnesses at their word.

What of the crimes he is accused of? I know you Creepy Ones salivate at the idea of being judge, jury and executioner, but that isn't how it works in civilized nations based on the Rule of Law and accountable police. Unless they identified themselves and he in fact pointed a gun at them, this is a simple assassination.

Men didn't die in Europe for the extreme abuse of powers we see in Canada today. We are in no position to lecture other nations. I know this first hand.

If that had been in the US and had been a fucking Negro the Moon Bats would be claiming "mababydindunutin".

That's the police claiming that he resisted arrest.

WE'll just have to wait until something concrete is established.

We're finished for now.

The police will be found innocent as we have seen for the last 150 years. Foreign intel agencies will take note and advise their politicians and businesses accordingly as they have for at least the last few decades.

Canadas economy will continue its uninspired slid into oblivion.

There was no mention of him resisting arrest. They said he took out a gun and pointed it at them, we just have to take the five police witnesses at their word.

What of the crimes he is accused of? I know you Creepy Ones salivate at the idea of being judge, jury and executioner, but that isn't how it works in civilized nations based on the Rule of Law and accountable police. Unless they identified themselves and he in fact pointed a gun at them, this is a simple assassination.

Men didn't die in Europe for the extreme abuse of powers we see in Canada today. We are in no position to lecture other nations. I know this first hand.
It's only fair that you lay out the scenario as you believe it happened.

Then we'll be finished, of necessity of not having more information.

Forum List

Back