Tomb of the Unknown Soldiers

whitehall

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2010
Western Va.
It was authorized in 1921 in Arlington Cemetery after WW1 when so many remains of American Soldiers were not identified. The Tomb holds the "unknown" remains of Americans from WW1, WW2 and the Korean War but thanks to DNA research it is possible to identify a body with the tiniest fragment of bone so there won't be any more "Unknown Soldiers" and the remains in the tomb probably have been identified and the Tomb is mostly symbolic.

It was authorized in 1921 in Arlington Cemetery after WW1 when so many remains of American Soldiers were not identified. The Tomb holds the "unknown" remains of Americans from WW1, WW2 and the Korean War but thanks to DNA research it is possible to identify a body with the tiniest fragment of bone so there won't be any more "Unknown Soldiers" and the remains in the tomb probably have been identified and the Tomb is mostly symbolic.
such tombs now exist worldwide

Was visiting my dad's grave in Arlington with my gf. She asked me who the unknown soldier was. Well, she was really pretty ...

Forum List

Back