Today's most annoying commercials

I got two-ferred one afternoon ...

1] The ad was about how smart is was to switch to some auto insurance company ... and the clip was some teenage kid finishing a complicated algebra problem on the blackboard and the class clapping about how smart he was ... the fucking answer was wrong ... couldn't believe it until the commercial ran again, definitely wrong ...

2] Same program, fella sitting on his couch watching boring TV with his five house cats ... liven things up with some fast food and the commercial ends with him on the couch eating ... just fuck no ... I've lived with five cats, the meat patties go through the mail slot on the front door and I can sneak in the back and enjoy my buns and lettuce ... or I'm going to get hurt bad ... really bad ...

"Four that want to own me, two that want to stone me, one says she's a friend of mine"

I stopped living with Cable and Satellite 20 years ago.

. . . and no network TEE VEE either. Gave up the habit of having the TEE VEE on. I have never seen any of these.

Celebrating 20 years of being commercial free.
2Yjo.gif

I still have some old commercials, tattooed on my mind. . . they will be there till I am dead I suppose.

The insurance agent with the emu tops my list. Joe Namath hawking insurance is second.
Yeah, the emu commercials make the insurance agent look incompetent. If I were Liberty Insurance's head of marketing, I wouldn't want to do that.

I hate myself, but I'm starting to like that fucking EMU.

My worst is Tom Selleck trying to sell me (I'm smack-dab in the middle of the target audience) on a REVERSE MORTGAGE

Any prescription commercial that ruins classic songs and states "talk to your doctor to see if _____ is right for you".

I wish somebody would step on that obnoxious lizard with the Ausie accent.
Speaking of Ausie.
Why is it that every infomercial selling crap insists on having some cranked up Ausie peddling their cheap products?
Do people really buy more from someone with an accent?

I loather Liberty Liberty Libertyyyyyyyyyy..
And the tax thing...Its Free. Freefreefree. F.ree. Fr.ee. Free.

Can't stand Flo in Progressive.

Love the subaru dogs!

The General commercials. Stupid.

Just a few named. Rest..I forget. Hallelujah.

I loather Liberty Liberty Libertyyyyyyyyyy..
And the tax thing...Its Free. Freefreefree. F.ree. Fr.ee. Free.

Can't stand Flo in Progressive.

Love the subaru dogs!

The General commercials. Stupid.

Just a few named. Rest..I forget. Hallelujah.
I kind of like Liberty Bibity.

Any prescription commercial that ruins classic songs and states "talk to your doctor to see if _____ is right for you".[/QUOTE
Somehow the judicial system was able to muster the uncommon courage to force advertising agencies to state the side effects from prescription drugs. "Some fatal events have happened" should send chills up your spine but apparently people take it in stride.

Forum List

Back