Today! November 7

Gdjjr

Platinum Member
Oct 25, 2019
Texas
Is my grand daughters 7th Birthday- I'm gifting her with this

She is real petite and my Parlor Body Fender dwarfed her- she has shown an interest in guitars and always wants to play whichever one I bring to their house, or wherever she happens to be where a guitar is- she just picks it up and starts to strum it- neither her Mother or Daddy (my oldest son) are musically inclined, creatively, though they both love listening and concerts (big or small) and are awed that I have advanced so much in such a short amount of time (since last April when I re-started my effort/learning curve after having not played what little I knew for longer than I care to remember)- hopefully the creative gene (me) is in her- genes are known to skip generations (good and bad)- if nothing else I'm giving her the opportunity to have her own guitar IF and/or when the desire turns to real interest- I'm providing a couple of wall hangers to keep it from underfoot as well. and 1/2 dozen pink picks because pink is her favorite color- a couple of hangers because they are sold individually and having an empty one means it needs to be used and one can never have too many guitars!

Is my grand daughters 7th Birthday- I'm gifting her with this

She is real petite and my Parlor Body Fender dwarfed her- she has shown an interest in guitars and always wants to play whichever one I bring to their house, or wherever she happens to be where a guitar is- she just picks it up and starts to strum it- neither her Mother or Daddy (my oldest son) are musically inclined, creatively, though they both love listening and concerts (big or small) and are awed that I have advanced so much in such a short amount of time (since last April when I re-started my effort/learning curve after having not played what little I knew for longer than I care to remember)- hopefully the creative gene (me) is in her- genes are known to skip generations (good and bad)- if nothing else I'm giving her the opportunity to have her own guitar IF and/or when the desire turns to real interest- I'm providing a couple of wall hangers to keep it from underfoot as well. and 1/2 dozen pink picks because pink is her favorite color- a couple of hangers because they are sold individually and having an empty one means it needs to be used and one can never have too many guitars!

Excellent. You're a fine grandad and will be remembered fondly far into the future. What better gift that the gift of music. :thup:

• Banned
Yesterday, I visited with my new, little, guitar owner- she is proud as punch with it! And she loves the pink pics.
She confessed to me, very quietly, that she gets "stage fright" and feels like everyone is looking at her- bless her little heart- I told everyone gets stage fright and the more you get on stage the less you worry about it, just sing and play the best you can and hope they're all looking at and listening- I sat her between my legs and chorded for her while she took care of the sound end- happy little Candy Corn- and happy old pop!

Forum List

Back