To gun enthusiasts...where do you get a custom made revolver?

2aguy

Diamond Member
Jul 19, 2014
Just wondering......where would you go to get a custom made revolver.....I like the style of some of the Schofield revolvers...but I don't like the break open action.

I would like...

Swing open cylinder.
DA/SA
Modern drop safety
.38/.357 caliber

Just wondering......where would you go to get a custom made revolver.....I like the style of some of the Schofield revolvers...but I don't like the break open action.

I would like...

Swing open cylinder.
DA/SA
Modern drop safety
.38/.357 caliber
try google,,

My father-in-law bought a fabulous revolver in 17 HMR from Freedom Arms in Wyoming. It was perfectly balanced and beautifully crafted. Unfortunately, it also cost 2,000 dollars and that was about 8-9 years ago.

I would like...

Swing open cylinder.
DA/SA
Modern drop safety
.38/.357 caliber
Call the Colt Custom shop

Sounds like you want to shoot .357 ammo in a 6" or longer barrel.

How about starting here and working your way up?

ETA: Here's one that'll hold 8 rounds.

Last edited:
Couldnt tell where to get one built from scratch but i'd reccomend a S&W that passes their

I would like...

Swing open cylinder.
DA/SA
Modern drop safety
.38/.357 caliber

S&W offers some really nice revolvers.
They take the best shooting revolvers and accurise them and sell them at a premium price.
Cant remember off the top of my head what they call them but they're the cream of the crop in revolvers.

Forum List

Back