Title 42 Was Never Going To Fix Illegal Immigration

Yawn, I just can't get worked up about this as you are. Of course, my father was an immigrant and I am currently engaged to an immigrant, so I don't get worked up about immigrants like you do.

I agree the immigration system IS broken, in that there are plenty of opportunities in this country and we make it hard for people to access them. But a Wall isn't going to fix that. As General Patton said, "Fixed fortifications are a monument to human stupidity. If Oceans and Mountains can be overcome, then anything built by man can be overcome."

Neither is fast expulsion... they'll just try again and again and again.

If you want a real solution to the illegal immigrant "problem", then simple enough to do. Go after the rich white people who hire them.
The big agricultural combines,
the owners of the sweat shop.
The rich investment banker couple who think of Lupe as being just like a member of the family, which is why they don't file her taxes.
The jackass who takes his pickup to the Home Depot and hires six day laborers because that DIY project wasn't as easy as Chip and Joanna made it look.

We won't do that. Why? Because at the end of the day, we like these jobs getting done and we don't want to do them ourselves.
Are you engaged to a LEGAL immigrant or an ILLEGAL immigrant? They are two different things.

I'm reasonably sure she's legal. In 14 days it won't matter.
I wouldn't love her any less because her paperwork wasn't in order.
If she’s an illegal alien you are guilty of a crime, especially if you marry her and sponsor her for a green card or citizenship.

If she’s an illegal alien you are guilty of a crime, especially if you marry her and sponsor her for a green card or citizenship.

Nope, not really.
I live in a state where they don't enforce such silly laws... and the feds have got bigger problems on their hands.
You skipped over my point about how I would love her no matter what her status was.

Nope, not really.
I live in a state where they don't enforce such silly laws... and the feds have got bigger problems on their hands.
You skipped over my point about how I would love her no matter what her status was.
As far as I'm concerned, you can love anyone you want. But helping someone fraudulently achieve a green card or citizenship is a crime. Hopefully you aren't doing either.

As far as I know, I'm not.
I'd have no compunctions about doing so if I had to, because the law is stupid and stupid laws deserve to be broken.
No, and that is the basis of all your differences with others on these boards. First you are a hypocrite. You endlessly attack Rittenhouse for violating the law (as you see it, even though the judge DA and jury disagree with you). Second, to be a nation we have to have borders as well as a social compact to obey laws. We can’t Willy-hilly violate laws. Your ethics are situational, you feel free to violate laws when you want, but want to hold others to the absolute letter of the law.

No, and that is the basis of all your differences with others on these boards. First you are a hypocrite. You endlessly attack Rittenhouse for violating the law (as you see it, even though the judge DA and jury disagree with you).

Rittenhouse killed two people and maimed another. The DA didn't disagree with me, which is why he filed charges.

So you are already off to a bad start here.

Second, to be a nation we have to have borders as well as a social compact to obey laws.
Sensible laws everyone agrees upon. This is why laws against Drugs, Prostituion, Abortion, are doomed to fail.. and this is why or immigration laws fail. Because for every inbred redneck who lives in mortal fear a Mexican might date his daughter, there's someone who is perfectly happy to hire a Mexican to do that unpleasant job he'd rather not do.

We can’t Willy-hilly violate laws.

Sure we can... We all do it, all the time, without knowing it.

Your ethics are situational, you feel free to violate laws when you want, but want to hold others to the absolute letter of the law.
Sure they are. I look at the situation.

Marrying someone whose paperwork might not be in order... just not a situation to get upset about.

Shooting three people in the street because you are an insecure little shit who got an illegal gun... that's a situation we need to remedy.

Rittenhouse killed two people and maimed another. The DA didn't disagree with me, which is why he filed charges.

So you are already off to a bad start here.

Sensible laws everyone agrees upon. This is why laws against Drugs, Prostituion, Abortion, are doomed to fail.. and this is why or immigration laws fail. Because for every inbred redneck who lives in mortal fear a Mexican might date his daughter, there's someone who is perfectly happy to hire a Mexican to do that unpleasant job he'd rather not do.

Sure we can... We all do it, all the time, without knowing it.

Sure they are. I look at the situation.

Marrying someone whose paperwork might not be in order... just not a situation to get upset about.

Shooting three people in the street because you are an insecure little shit who got an illegal gun... that's a situation we need to remedy.
Nope, the DA finally agreed to drop the gun charge since the law didn't apply to Rittenhouse. The judge and defense had to point that out in court.

Nope, the DA finally agreed to drop the gun charge since the law didn't apply to Rittenhouse. The judge and defense had to point that out in court.
The 2nd Amendment didn't apply to Rittenhouse? That's the first I've heard of it.

The 2nd Amendment didn't apply to Rittenhouse? That's the first I've heard of it.
Not the 2nd Amendment, the charge for a minor in possession of a firearm. The DA had to drop that one in the middle of the trial after the judge forcefully pointed out that the law didn't apply in this case.

You think I care about the gun charge?
you care about all of it because you endlessly obsess over it and deny the verdict claiming all kinds of stupid things that aren't true and have been proven lies. Now you claim to have the right to disobey any laws that you disagree with, or think are stupid. Hopefully I will have the pleasure of seeing you in the defendant's dock sometime. But realistically, you will just disappear, and we will never find out what happened to you. If you have the right to disobey any law you agree with so did Rittenhouse, so grow up and stop being a whiney hypocrite.

Not the 2nd Amendment, the charge for a minor in possession of a firearm. The DA had to drop that one in the middle of the trial after the judge forcefully pointed out that the law didn't apply in this case.
I owned and possessed my first gun when I was twelve. And that was in California.

I owned and possessed my first gun when I was twelve. And that was in California.
Nothing wrong with that. I grew up in California as an urban kid and learned to shoot in high school. Back them California was the golden state run by conservative middle-of-the -roaders that welcomed and encouraged business and believed in freedom. If it still was, I wouldn't have had to move to retain my sanity as the liberal, left-wing democrats ran it into the ground. Now it's the state of high taxes, no opportunity and budget shortfalls for as far as the eye can see.

As long as the shithead Democrats want the Illegals to flood in they will come in no matter what the law is.

In this Banana Republic the Leftest leaders are above the law.

Nothing wrong with that. I grew up in California as an urban kid and learned to shoot in high school. Back them California was the golden state run by conservative middle-of-the -roaders that welcomed and encouraged business and believed in freedom. If it still was, I wouldn't have had to move to retain my sanity as the liberal, left-wing democrats ran it into the ground. Now it's the state of high taxes, no opportunity and budget shortfalls for as far as the eye can see.
Yup. I left not long after the Rodney King riots. I was born and raised in conservative Orange County. Great childhood in a safe and conservative county. Re-zoning coupled with the illegal invasion from the south has turned that awesome place into a crap hole. Democrat idiocy is the number one cause for America's downward spiral.

you care about all of it because you endlessly obsess over it and deny the verdict claiming all kinds of stupid things that aren't true and have been proven lies. Now you claim to have the right to disobey any laws that you disagree with, or think are stupid. Hopefully I will have the pleasure of seeing you in the defendant's dock sometime. But realistically, you will just disappear, and we will never find out what happened to you. If you have the right to disobey any law you agree with so did Rittenhouse, so grow up and stop being a whiney hypocrite.

Reality is, most laws are broken and never punished, because they don't have the resources. I live in a sanctuary state, no one is going to come after me...

Shittenhouse, on the other hand, is dodging process servers and will get his fat ass sued off.

Forum List

Back