Those plastic barriers in the grocers et al...worthless...to the point of dangerous

My position all along is that I didn't think anyone was really an expert here. There have been many things that make the non expert myself scratch my head. We were told this is airborne. OK. I saw the plastic sheets up and I asked my wife what it was exactly stopping the virus from getting caught up in the ventilation system and getting all spread around?

Spewing droplets become airborne. Catching the spew before hitting the air is suppose to reduce the amount of virus in the air, is the way I've understood it???

Seems to me, investing more in strong air filtration systems with hepafilters, replacing air so many times or just minutes apart, would do more than many of the other mitigation..... But it is costly....

They were not intended to stop people from breathing. They were intended to be sneeze guards. I said at the time that I thought some of this was nonsense theater and some of the theatrics made it worse. Our Walmart forced everybody in an out a single entrance to "stop the spread". Forcing people to come into contact twice with a large number of people in a single choke point was more likely to spread the virus. They did it it for one reason only---so they only had to have one person monitoring their compliance with capacity limits. Of all the stores I frequented, Lidl was the one who handled it the best I think. They had gloves, wipes, and masks available, cleaned all the carts between use, and installed electric counters so you could see at any given time how many people were in the store. Whenever anybody who worked there had the virus, they would shut down the store for deep cleaning.

It only survives for a limited time out in the open; I forget how long. Like most germs it seems to die pretty quickly in direct sunlight. I guess making people pass under UV light when entering a store would work better, but then we would have to get UV blocking eyewear.

Doesn't matter what anyone does, the conspiritards will still cluster in their treehouses and dream up massive death tolls and attribute all deaths to the UV light or whatever. At least the Red Chinese now know that when they get ready to release a more deadly bio-plague on us they can count on the right wing nutjobs to make it a wildly successful attack, one beyond their wildest dreams.

Spewing droplets become airborne. Catching the spew before hitting the air is suppose to reduce the amount of virus in the air, is the way I've understood it???

Seems to me, investing more in strong air filtration systems with hepafilters, replacing air so many times or just minutes apart, would do more than many of the other mitigation..... But it is costly....
Hmmmm do you Dims run around the grocery store spewing droplets on everyone???

Forum List

Back