This site is not easy to navigate plus I feel overwhelmed by guidelines

I know everything is titled but I am used to a smaller message board that didn't have all these forums, subforums, zones and what have you. The buttons to press and all these member rankings and features have me confused. I know creating a lot of forums for people to discuss things is practical but keeping it simple wouldn't hurt.

Plus, I didn't realize how much work it takes to be respectful or cautious of the guidelines on here. I immediately broke a rule when I first posted on here by accident.

They really have three basic rules here-- no family, no bestiality and no pedophilia. And a fourth one that's kinda weird, no mention of or links to other message boards. "For He is a jealous Mod". Other than that hang loose.

I know everything is titled but I am used to a smaller message board that didn't have all these forums, subforums, zones and what have you. The buttons to press and all these member rankings and features have me confused. I know creating a lot of forums for people to discuss things is practical but keeping it simple wouldn't hurt.

Plus, I didn't realize how much work it takes to be respectful or cautious of the guidelines on here. I immediately broke a rule when I first posted on here by accident.

I've been here for some time now and I still don't know what I'm doing..:eusa_doh:

Navigating the USMB is kinda like trying to get laid for the first time, trial, error and embarrassment until you get it right.

Welcome to the USMB Sgt. Striker ...:salute:

Just PM me Lumps....I will help you. :lol:

humma humma humma ... umm ..:redface:

... will you be gentle with me...:smiliehug:

ummm NO! :D

:laugh: ..

They really have three basic rules here-- no family, no bestiality and no pedophilia. And a fourth one that's kinda weird, no mention of or links to other message boards. "For He is a jealous Mod". Other than that hang loose.

Need tougher rules!!! :badgrin::badgrin:

Eh, I've been wanting to use this...

05.jpg

Trump, or Hillary?

What do you want me to say?
:rofl::rofl:

great retort!

welcome aboard!

I usually just hit the new posts tab or active topics tab above and scroll down to see the titles of the threads and pick one that seems interesting, rinse and repeat.

And it was 2 years before I ever read the rules and regs on this board...if you are a decent poster, not a troll, and want to debate the issues, you don't really need to read the rules or be overwhelmed by them!

There were a couple trolls at the other message board I was at. They accused me of trolling so I tried an attitude adjustment for them but they kept insisting that I used ad hominem or whatever personal attacks they said I used. I was accused of racism by a user named FreeBorn Angel because I said Mexicans' opinions don't matter in the US. No one but Truthismymiddlename would defend me. So here I am. Looking for a new start.
it can be really rough here, rougher than rough... just don't let it get to you, let your skin get thicker...it'll be worth it, never a dull moment here on USMB! Or just walk from a thread if the nastiness or vulgarity takes it over....that's what I do...you can always go back to the thread later to respond after the childishness has subsided. :D

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

I usually just hit the new posts tab or active topics tab above and scroll down to see the titles of the threads and pick one that seems interesting, rinse and repeat.

And it was 2 years before I ever read the rules and regs on this board...if you are a decent poster, not a troll, and want to debate the issues, you don't really need to read the rules or be overwhelmed by them!

There were a couple trolls at the other message board I was at. They accused me of trolling so I tried an attitude adjustment for them but they kept insisting that I used ad hominem or whatever personal attacks they said I used. I was accused of racism by a user named FreeBorn Angel because I said Mexicans' opinions don't matter in the US. No one but Truthismymiddlename would defend me. So here I am. Looking for a new start.
it can be really rough here, rougher than rough... just don't let it get to you, let your skin get thicker...it'll be worth it, never a dull moment here on USMB! Or just walk from a thread if the nastiness or vulgarity takes it over....that's what I do...you can always go back to the thread later to respond after the childishness has subsided. :D

I hate the nasty name calling fighting. I do walk away most times. I don't like myself if I ever get to the place of getting nasty.
I prefer to agree to disagree.

Sarge, I just went through your intro thread and it seems to be an above average welcome for USMB. Like Error | US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum said just apply skin thickener or take a hike from an abusive thread. Above all keep a sense of humor. I am a sarcastic SOB and I can and have been taken wrong a few times, but it is just a message board. Very few words of sagacity are spoken here that have not been spoken before. I have read a few pearls of wisdom and have enjoyed my short time here...
As far as the buttons and buzzers to navigate USMB don't worry until you are far enough into management that they give you the nuclear launch codes...

Just click on new posts or reply to those in the top right who have relied to you.

If you ignore the insulters and just write your stuff, the guidelines are not to be worried about, unless you're on the left in which case Westwall is there waiting to hammer you for anything and everything he thinks he can get away with.

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

I hate the nasty name calling fighting. I do walk away most times. I don't like myself if I ever get to the place of getting nasty.
I prefer to agree to disagree.

If I'm not having fun then I generally just don't post..

Finally, somebody who knows what I went through. I cried all day and all night just like you. And these brutes, these bi*****s going on and on about wars and revolutions and all that shit, what about ME? I got it! You sympathize with me and I'll symp with you!

Finally, somebody who knows what I went through. I cried all day and all night just like you. And these brutes, these bi*****s going on and on about wars and revolutions and all that shit, what about ME? I got it! You sympathize with me and I'll symp with you!

WTF???

WTF???

:laugh: ..

Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

Welcome to USMB.

Remember back in H.School, you knew all the loopholes in your Sr. year !! It'll get that way..

THere are a bunch of "Zones". Just think about the topics that you can't talk about at ThanksGiving with the relatives. Those are the highly moderated zones. Politics, Religion, Race, Israel/Palestine, etc. In those Zone2 forums and Zone3 --- the "cheat" is ----- Address the topic in EVERY POST and you are A-OK.

We know we can't define or stop flaming entirely, so we only ask that folks REMEMBER the actual topic and move it forward with every post. Moderators hardly read the flames if there's TOPICAL content there. (We just chuckle and occasionally funny something good)

There are some squeaky clean forums like THIS one and the Clean Debate Forum. Where nothing personal should ever appear. Those are the extremely moderated Zone1 forums. And then there is there is Zone4 biological warfare zones like the Flame Zone and Badlands, which have WARNINGS on them and are not visible to the gen public. You have to have a Hazmat suit to enter those. :eusa_dance:

Don't worry. It takes a LOT of abuse to get infracted and contact a moderator if you have questions.
We like to retain members and keep threads open. Not here to taz folks or be heavy handed.

Last edited:
Trump, or Hillary?

great retort!

welcome aboard!

Welcome to USMB.

Remember back in H.School, you knew all the loopholes in your Sr. year !! It'll get that way..

THere are a bunch of "Zones". Just think about the topics that you can't talk about at ThanksGiving with the relatives. Those are the highly moderated zones. Politics, Religion, Race, Israel/Palestine, etc. In those Zone2 forums and Zone3 --- the "cheat" is ----- Address the topic in EVERY POST and you are A-OK.

We know we can't define or stop flaming entirely, so we only ask that folks REMEMBER the actual topic and move it forward with every post. Moderators hardly read the flames if there's TOPICAL content there. (We just chuckle and occasionally funny something good)

There are some squeaky clean forums like THIS one and the Clean Debate Forum. Where nothing personal should ever appear. Those are the extremely moderated Zone1 forums. And then there is there is Zone4 biological warfare zones like the Flame Zone and Badlands, which have WARNINGS on them and are not visible to the gen public. You have to have a Hazmat suit to enter those. :eusa_dance:

Don't worry. It takes a LOT of abuse to get infracted and contact a moderator if you have questions.
We like to retain members and keep threads open. Not here to taz folks or be heavy handed.

Yeah, think back to high school, and remember that some people haven't grown since then.

Almost 15 million posts, it is a necessity to subdivide and have some type of rule system. Adapt or don't.

Forum List

Back