This Oscars Could Be The Most Politically-Correct In History

Like everything else, they've ruined the Oscars too

they are working on football and YOUR freedom of speech.

I stopped watching all those wealthy ego maniacs in hollyweird and their many award shows they give out to each other a long time ago. so who cares

I stopped watching the Grammies when Jethro Tull got best hard rock/metal performance.

they are working on football and YOUR freedom of speech. Look at them freaking out over a MOVIE about an American Sniper.

I stopped watching all those wealthy ego maniacs in hollyweird and their many award shows they give out to each other a long time ago. so who cares
No doubt. Watching all those self congratulating, elitist, leftist narcissists and megalomaniacs is about enough to make me puke.

I couldn't care less.

they are working on football and YOUR freedom of speech.

I stopped watching the Grammies when Jethro Tull got best hard rock/metal performance.

I liked some of their music. But that was back in the ages. the late 60's 70s. lol

For my money the best example of liberal payback was the Oscar awarded to Jane Fonda for her political activism rather than her grade "B" role in a grade B movie called "Klute" that nobody ever saw.

You aren't forgetting her incredible acting in this classic, are you?

You do have to admit that she was most psychedella, though.

For my money the best example of liberal payback was the Oscar awarded to Jane Fonda for her political activism rather than her grade "B" role in a grade B movie called "Klute" that nobody ever saw.

You aren't forgetting her incredible acting in this classic, are you?

You do have to admit that she was most psychedella, though.

she really wasn't a bad actress. But anything that happened to her she brought all on herself. and I have no sympathy for her or any of those people (actors, musicians, etc) for thinking we want their opinions. the Dixie chicks found that out the hard way the same as Fonda did.

they are working on football and YOUR freedom of speech. Look at them freaking out over a MOVIE about an American Sniper.

WINNER

Klute: Jane Fonda
NOMINEES

McCabe & Mrs. Miller: Julie Christie

Sunday Bloody Sunday: Glenda Jackson

Mary, Queen of Scots: Vanessa Redgrave

Nicholas and Alexandra: Janet Suzman

she really wasn't a bad actress. But anything that happened to her she brought all on herself. and I have no sympathy for her or any of those people (actors, musicians, etc) for thinking we want their opinions. the Dixie chicks found that out the hard way the same as Fonda did.

I see what she did as being in an entirely different category than The Dixie Chicks, though. The Dixie Chicks merely criticized Bush at a concert, while Fonda actually supported the Viet Kong.

I do remember when she did it, though, and it signifies one of the big problems I have with much of the left today. During the Vietnam Era, the responsible people limited themselves to protests against the war from the standpoint of preventing the loss of life for Americans. The irresponsible ones took that next step by actually sympathizing with the Viet Kong. At least where I was at the time, there were more of the former than the latter as I can still recall some of the discussions I had.

I wish I could say the same thing in regards to Islamism today, however, as it has become embarrassingly de rigueur for the lock step leftists to defend them.

If you think Klute was bad you should seen Barbarella...

379191.jpg

The two films that have been nominated for best picture that are most deserving in my opinion are "Birdman" and "American Sniper". The field was expanded from 5 to 9 nominees in 2009. So more films are getting recognized, but I don't see that many films being recognized that are worthy.

Last year "Nebraska" was nominated. I watched 30 minutes of it and had to turn it off. It sucked. A couple of years ago "The Artist" won. Not that many people even watched that one.

I never watch them either. Bunch of out of touch elitist snobs slapping each other's asses doesn't interest me.

Forum List

Back