‘This is not the way officers are trained.’ OPP investigating after ‘disturbing’ video appears to show police officer striking deer with axe

There's no sense in that, they just use a shotgun to the head here to dispatch them, then they drag it to the side of the road and the town picks up the carcass the next day.
There is no sense in taking a stick to an underwear clad kids scrotum, nor rendering them deaf or interferring into a persons life for eternity and using females to keep an eye on them. Yet, here we are...

Last edited:
Either a demented cop or a mercy killing.

If the deer was injured beyond repair...you're not gonna bring it to a vet.

Either a demented cop or a mercy killing.

If the deer was injured beyond repair...you're not gonna bring it to a vet.
That was not the point, after they whacked it they left and it took a hour for it to expire. They should have either dispatched it on the spot or just let nature take it's course.....Once you decide to involve yourself then it's up to you to dispatch it humanely.

Years ago I had a doe get hit by a car below my home and it made it up into my yard and collapsed but was still alive, I dispatched it by just popping it in the head (between the eye and ear) with a .22 rifle and dragged it to the property line, called the town and it was gone before 0930. No muss, no fuss.

Forum List

Back