This is an amazing optical illusion

I agree.

See post 24 for another version. Sometimes it is difficult to make your brain have her rotate in the other direction, and the version in Post 24 really helps with that.
I'm saying mine depends on whether one is left-brained or right-brained. It means we are looking at the same gif, at first, but see different things.

#24 shows how to change directions if you have trouble doing it.

I'm saying mine depends on whether one is left-brained or right-brained. It means we are looking at the same gif, at first, but see different things.

#24 shows how to change directions if you have trouble doing it.
Yeah, I know; I'm not hair-brained. :)

I am very skeptical about the left- vs. right-brained explanation.

I am left-brained, and I see her spinning clockwise at first. I can make her spin counter though.

Nothing is actually moving except the stick figure running in place.

The color flashes all-at-once; you can confirm by pausing it (windows key - shift - s on a PC).

Yet motion is perceived upwards, to the right, and downwards simultaneously.

Explain it if you can. All I can think of is that that the tiny outlines matter a lot, and we are wired to see movement like that, so we do.

zsuormkf1z061.gif
Look at the stairs mainly and you’ll see nothing is moving.

Yeah, I know; I'm not hair-brained. :)

I am very skeptical about the left- vs. right-brained explanation.

I am left-brained, and I see her spinning clockwise at first. I can make her spin counter though.
You're not harebrained.

What part are you skeptical about? That a gif can predict which side of the brain one leans toward using? Or that one can use both sides equally?

Here's a test for it -- Right-brained? Left-brained? Take the brain test!

I cant see most of these illusions. The negative color illusion works and the concentric circle one works, I can catch the spiral.

You are undoubtedly referring to this...

ambiguous_garage_roof_t.jpg

You can make one yourself. I did, as you can see in the unedited picture I posted.

I promise you that picture is not photoshopped. I guess you don't realize how amazing the the stuff I post is. :)

I folded up a paper as shown and held it to the mirror and didn't get this illusion.

Can you find the hidden object in this brick wall? It's common object, pictured very clearly, in this picture. Can you see it?

Spoiler below (don't click on the spoiler - you will be disappointed in yourself for not trying harder!)

1669393408234.png

It's a lit cigar, sticking straight out from the wall in the center of the picture!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back