This Day in History: Terrorism

Pogo

Diamond Member
Dec 7, 2012
Fennario
Seven years of bombings. Both military and civilian targets.

A diplomat kidnapped. A high ranking government official kidnapped and murdered. Hostages held for ransom.

On this date the Head of State invoked for the first time the country's provisional emergency law that suspended general civil liberties until the government could get a handle on the terrorism.

The year was 1970. The place was Québec.

October Crisis

Relevance to what?

It's a reference to what we call on Earth the "date".

You need a special high-tech device called a "calendar" to know what that is. Ours was founded on yesterday's date in the year 1582, when October 4th was followed the next day by October 15.

Just think how many people will be reading your post in 434 years.

I think that the proper response is --- feck 'quebec' Pogo !!

I uh, don't think that has any effect on the past. But if that's your thing you go right ahead. It's a Yuuuge province.

Relevance to what?

You need a special high-tech device called a "calendar" to know what that is. Ours was founded on yesterday's date in the year 1582, when October 4th was followed the next day by October 15.

I didn't realize the Gregorian calendar had wreaked such havoc in Quebec.

And who cares about the posts? It's the books that matter.

Relevance to what?

No, that was the previous day -- October 15.

I didn't create a thread about that, since we don't have ignant yahoos running around declaring that "not every Buddhist is a calendar but all calendars are Buddhist". If we did --- you would have seen a different thread a day earlier.

Relevance to what?

I didn't create a thread about that, since we don't have ignant yahoos running around declaring that "not every Buddhist is a calendar but all calendars are Buddhist". If we did --- you would have seen a different thread a day earlier.

I still fail to see the relevance to anything you've posted.

Relevance to what?

I still fail to see the relevance to anything you've posted.

Of course you don't. Because when you see an analogy you duck and cover and go :lalala: until it goes away.

Well you can come out from under your desk now. It's October 17. The danger of learning anything has passed.

For now.

Forum List

Back