CDZ This Culture War We’re In

Have we lost already?

SNIP:
How are wars won?

To win a war you don’t need to kill every soldier on the other side. What you need to do is destroy the other army as an organized force. You destroy the ability of the officers to command and the morale of the men. You destroy their perception of the worth of their side and of their own self-worth.

All wars are culture wars. To win you must destroy the values of the other side. (That is one reason why we’re losing to Islam no matter how many times we beat them on the battlefield.) You must destroy their sense of purpose and the values instilled in them to break them as an organization.

That is what the left has been doing to us.

This culture war we’re in is slow and subtle. It’s not always as loud and as obvious as the counterculture was. The purpose of the counterculture was to shatter the dominant culture. Once that was done, the culture could be slowly cannibalized at will until the counterculture became the culture. And then it was no longer about freedom or free anything, those were the disruptive tools used to drive youth recruitment with a facade of anarchy, and it became about conformity and control. This culture of conformity and control is still being sold as ‘rebellious’ when it’s just the establishment.

We no longer have a culture. We have a counterculture that occasionally masquerades as the culture.

But it’s not over yet. A culture war destroys the culture of the other side because that is the source of its values. To completely destroy the other side, its values must be destroyed as an abstract, its organization must be destroyed to prevent those values from being conveyed and the individual’s own values must be destroyed, in that order.

Destroying the values of every single individual is the most difficult part of this project. Destroying values as an abstract idea is the easiest. That’s why the left has made its greatest gains there.

ALL of it here:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/2015/dgreenfield/this-culture-war-were-in/

This former KGB Agent agrees with you. He explains exactly how the left used to do it when they were sponsored by the Soviets.

Deluding yourself that there isn't cultural brainwashing going on right here in America?

The NRA does it. Corporations do it. Political parties of all sides do it. Religions do it wholesale.

Hate AM is brainwashing the entire Tea Party movement into buying into Libertarianism right now.

Have we lost already?

SNIP:
How are wars won?

To win a war you don’t need to kill every soldier on the other side. What you need to do is destroy the other army as an organized force. You destroy the ability of the officers to command and the morale of the men. You destroy their perception of the worth of their side and of their own self-worth.

All wars are culture wars. To win you must destroy the values of the other side. (That is one reason why we’re losing to Islam no matter how many times we beat them on the battlefield.) You must destroy their sense of purpose and the values instilled in them to break them as an organization.

This culture war we’re in is slow and subtle. It’s not always as loud and as obvious as the counterculture was. The purpose of the counterculture was to shatter the dominant culture. Once that was done, the culture could be slowly cannibalized at will until the counterculture became the culture. And then it was no longer about freedom or free anything, those were the disruptive tools used to drive youth recruitment with a facade of anarchy, and it became about conformity and control. This culture of conformity and control is still being sold as ‘rebellious’ when it’s just the establishment.

We no longer have a culture. We have a counterculture that occasionally masquerades as the culture.

But it’s not over yet. A culture war destroys the culture of the other side because that is the source of its values. To completely destroy the other side, its values must be destroyed as an abstract, its organization must be destroyed to prevent those values from being conveyed and the individual’s own values must be destroyed, in that order.

Destroying the values of every single individual is the most difficult part of this project. Destroying values as an abstract idea is the easiest. That’s why the left has made its greatest gains there.

ALL of it here:

This former KGB Agent agrees with you. He explains exactly how the left used to do it when they were sponsored by the Soviets.

Deluding yourself that there isn't cultural brainwashing going on right here in America?

The NRA does it. Corporations do it. Political parties of all sides do it. Religions do it wholesale.

Hate AM is brainwashing the entire Tea Party movement into buying into Libertarianism right now.

But mommy he hit me first!

There is no culture war. Just like there is no war on Christmas or war on Christianity.

The left doesn't care about the values of the right. They just don't want such flawed mythology imposed on them.

The right seems to suffer from a terrible inferiority complex.

man, you got three atta boys for that spew. talk about someone who has an inferiority complex. You think you are above all others

Have we lost already?

SNIP:
How are wars won?

ALL of it here:

But mommy he hit me first!

Puerile!

Have we lost already?

SNIP:
How are wars won?

ALL of it here:

The war is over, the regressive's lost. This country won't be going back to the 1950's. It's time to move on
Correct.............It's time to Move On.

house-300.png

Your map is misleading. This is a graphic of the 2014 mid-term elections, not the populous in general.

2014 midterm election turnout lowest in 70 years
2014 midterm election turnout lowest in 70 years

Lowest turnout since WW2: Final numbers are still being tallied, but at this point it looks pretty clear that turnout in these midterms was the lowest overall in 70 years. Turnout of the voting-eligible population was just 36.4 percent, according to the projection from theUnited States Elections Project, run by Dr. Michael McDonald at the University of Florida. That’s down from the 41 percent that turned out in 2010. You have to go all the way back to 1942 for lower numbers when turnout in that midterm was just 33.9 percent. They had a pretty good excuse back then — many adult-age Americans were preoccupied with fighting in a world war.

There is no "culture war" in a multicultural society.

There is just an ongoing transformation brought about by demographics.

Change is normal and those that refuse to adapt to change run the risk of being sidelined.

America has never been a single culture from the time of the original settlers from the West. Both Hispanics and Whites brought their culture with them to the Americas where there were already native American cultures.

Change is good because it means that America is still evolving and growing.

Those that want to stagnate and live in the past are going to find it becoming lonely as their numbers dwindle.
Gee, why do so many Blue Cities look like war zones then?

From my experience, red states are the ones that look like war zones.

The blue cities are where all the money is, after all.

Change is normal and those that refuse to adapt to change run the risk of being sidelined.

America has never been a single culture from the time of the original settlers from the West. Both Hispanics and Whites brought their culture with them to the Americas where there were already native American cultures.

Those that want to stagnate and live in the past are going to find it becoming lonely as their numbers dwindle.

yeah, and what does it get you? you can't live in them if you don't. $1000 rent on a 400sq ft apartment. taxes out the yahoooo, crammed together in some cement jungle, etc. so give me a red state war zone any day.

yeah, and what does it get you? you can't live in them if you don't. $1000 rent on a 400sq ft apartment. taxes out the yahoooo, crammed together in some cement jungle, etc. so give me a red state war zone any day.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you to move to the city.

Just saying there's a reason why rents are so high - it's cause that's where people want to live, and they're willing to pay for it. It's called the "free market".

Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to convince you to move to the city.

Just saying there's a reason why rents are so high - it's cause that's where people want to live, and they're willing to pay for it. It's called the "free market".

I suppose. and I wasn't coming down on what you posted either. I was making an observation. I'll still take the red state living. Cause I'm an old country gal at heart. :beer:

Sorry to say, but this cultural war is going to have us looking like Haiti but with people having sex with their animals one day.

We're going to lose all of our standards and come out hating the family all at the same time.
They sure have you over a barrel....

Sorry to say, but this cultural war is going to have us looking like Haiti but with people having sex with their animals one day.

We're going to lose all of our standards and come out hating the family all at the same time.

Is it really a good thing? I don't think so.

Is it really a good thing? I don't think so.
Your imagination does the get the best of you and several others...as liberals I know are traditional family units..Sure there are bad ones but that goes for all aspects of the spectrum....

The culture wars were started by the social right some 40 years ago, and continue today at the behest of the social right; they alone can end the war, simply by following the Constitution.

This is the whole issue, in a nutshell.

Follow the US Constitution and all of the questions are answered.

The war is over, the regressive's lost. This country won't be going back to the 1950's. It's time to move on

I am liberal on economic issues, and conservative on social issues. By both criteria I prefer the 1950's to the present. Back then the top tax rate never got below 91 percent. One third of the work force belonged to labor unions. Wages for most Americans increased faster than inflation.

When Vice President Richard Nixon had his Kitchen Debate with Nikita Kruschev in 1959 it was in the replica of a home most American factory workers could afford. They can no longer afford to live that way. Increasingly computer programmers cannot live that way.

On the other hand, during the 1950's rates of crime and illegitimacy were much lower than they have been since. The national ethos was captured by the popular song that said, "Love and marriage go together like a horse and carriage."

Forum List

Back