This car stinks!

my2¢

So it goes
May 14, 2010
Arizona's Maricopa County
Hyundai Palisade Owners Complain That Their Interiors Smell Like 'Garlic and Old Socks'
"The smell only appears to affect vehicles equipped with the premium Nappa leather seating material."

The company definitely should have gone with the rich Corinthian leather.

1598408352026.png

I can't speak for Hyundai.....but I can for Dodge Caravans.....and probably all of Chrysler/Dodge

Once Daimler began to lose ground and Fiat took over Dodge, mechanically they focused on one goal...maximum profits for minimal product.
2001 - 2018 Chrysler minivans are among the cheapest made vehicles you can own.
And I mean structurally. Many components are of the absolute thinnest and cheapest materials you can get and many processes
such as dash board adhesion utilize cheap two sided tapes that soon fail in the heat of summer.
The process to make dash boards is to overlay a foam pad on a cheap, brittle plastic underlay and glue them together.
It doesn't take many Summers to render the plastic uselessly cracked and the adhesives become dripping gooey messes.
To say they are cheap would be praising Chrysler/Fiat.

The outer skins are so thin you can create deep dents in them with one finger
The process used to run the wiring and upholstery borders on criminal.
Headlight and taillight assemblies are quick to fail and tarnish, the suspension system is weak and prone to failure and on and on and on.
2001 and later Chrysler vehicles are what I call "disposable" vehicles. They are made to last the warranty, then fail.
I would equate the "quality" of Chrysler vehicles today with that of Yugo vehicles of the early 80's
The ONE redemption is the motor and transmissions which are not made by Fiat.
The engine and drivetrains are good.

OTOH, Chrysler Dodge minivans manufactured PRIOR to 2001 were actually very well made.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back