Thief [Comics*]

Abishai100

VIP Member
Sep 22, 2013
Here's a very cool fan-fiction about life lived dangerously, adapted from the unusual cult-favorite series Thief - Tales from the City, and this fan-fiction is for anyone who likes modern films like Ronin (John Frankenheimer) and Thief (Michael Mann). Thanks,

tg16.jpg

====

The master-thief Garrett had wandered into a strange city. He'd wandered into a proverbial hell city. There was lots of gossip, threatened prostitutes, terrible betrayers, a wonderful female thief and assassin, and of course, an evil Baron who ruled over everything...and everyone. As Garrett made his way back to this hell city, those who knew him when he was a young boy living there and flying kites remarked that their favorite thief in the whole world had returned to become a native-son.

tg17.jpg

Garrett immediately noted that the people of the city were paranoid about the 'black-tax' owed to the ruthless and merciless Baron. This 'Baron' simply made this modern city feel like an archaic slum or slave-ship. If you didn't pay this heavy black tax, you'd be cut down by the Baron's hit-men. This was no way to live, and Garrett, the master-thief wondered about the best way to serve as an interceptor.

tg18.jpg

Garrett the master-thief had a soft-spot in his eccentric heart for female prostitutes! He decided to steal money from the Baron's castle, repeatedly, and use the money in the underground (or 'black') market to buy all kinds of jewelry for the prostitutes of this hell city. Soon, everyone knew the prostitutes were sometimes adorned with very nice jewelry and didn't question why, since it simply made them more attractive. Garrett had succeeded in somehow injecting a strange mysticism in the hell city. The fortuned prostitues now had the luxury to hire fortune-tellers to indulge their customer-less Saturday nights.

tg19.jpg

Garrett then met the terrific female thief and assassin named Norah. This infilitrator and self-proclaimed 'avenger' of this hell city only wanted to see the Baron killed. She wanted to do everything possible to make the Baron look like a doomed fool. So, she joined forces with Garrett, after he told her of his theft of Baron's money while Garrett was drunk and telling Norah he was in love with her madly, and the two thieves would now serve as a terrorist-force against the Baron's keep...and castle.

tg20.jpg

GARRETT: I purchased you these Assassin's Creed paperbacks.
NORAH: I can't read.
GARRETT: Liar!
NORAH: I like playing with your imagination, dear.

tg21.jpg

Garrett and Norah would someday marry, but first they needed to continue serving the dark hell city they lived in to basically ruin this evil reigning Baron. If the unlikely couple succeeded, they'd go down as more dioramic than even Robin Hood and his band of Merry Men in the forests of England. Who knew what destiny dictated? All that was certain was that the hell city was suddenly and strangely blessed...by two damned thieves! Garrett would perhaps be reincarnated in the 21st Century as an LA bank-robber, masked and suited and quite clever...would Norah be reincarnated as his special angel? The days spelled intrigue!

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

thief4.jpg

Dark Horse.

I have the first comic Dark Horse ever published.

Dark Horse Presents (Black Cross) - First appearance of black cross and Concrete.

Isaac/Outworld

Yes, I love Dark Horse comics, but a lot of old-school comic book fans prefer King Features Syndicate, publishing more iconic characters such as The Phantom and Mandrake the Magician. Here's a world-transportation translated Thief (Dark Horse) inspired fantasy-story about a human thief and a magical deity. What do you think? Thanks for reading,

====

Isaac loved to play Ouija. He had this special knack at shoplifting and would regularly steal baseball cards from his local sports memorabilia store in Philadelphia. Isaac had become a very skilled thief. One night, he was playing Oujia, wishing he'd be transported to a fantastic realm where he might employ his skills at thievery!

belfast1.jpg

Isaac was transported indeed, to a realm called Outworld, where he met a gorgeous woman named Durga. She told him about the need to overthrow the evil Baron in outworld by stealing his gems and diamonds. Isaac explained he was a very skilled thief from Earth and that he'd fallen in love with her. Durga promised Isaac her affections and sex if he helped her steal diamonds from the ruthless Baron. In fact, Isaac was so damned transfixed, he vowed to help the warrior-princess in Outworld named Durga. He was obsessed with her in fact. It was her beauty.

who3.jpg

Isaac brought with him a special cap-gun from Earth which he used to wow the Baron in his fortress. He played with his cap-gun for hours with the transfixed Baron. He made the Baron take target shots at his own diamonds. As the Baron played with target shots at diamonds on the floor, all laid out, Isaac began pocketing them like a thief. This became even easier when the Baron just fell asleep after so much entertaining play with Isaac's cap-gun from Earth. Isaac was in a head-gear and mask so the Baron'd never identify him anywhere else.

grosse19.jpg

DURGA: We made love because you helped me.
ISAAC: I'll return to Earth but visit the emerald country of Ireland to remember you.
DURGA: I'll keep your love in my heart.
ISAAC: Perhaps when I fly to Ireland, you'll be with me in spirit somehow.
DURGA: I'll always remember you by the alias I've given you, young Isaac..."Thief."

aer2.jpg

Of course, when Isaac returned to Earth, he had to court his obligations to his real-world girlfriend Pamela. She made him promise they'd marry, especially since she'd served as his spiritual counselor regarding his shoplifting and thievery habits and obsession. However, Isaac (aka, 'Thief') still didn't have the heart to tell Pamela about Durga from Outworld. Isaac instead told Pamela he was going to take a vacation to Ireland by himself! Pamela grew ever-steadily suspicious.

dern32.jpg

Would Isaac (aka, 'Thief') find Durga again in Outworld or return to the supportive arms of his Earth-woman Pamela? Was Earth destined for some true magic...or more thievery?

====

"Money is everything" (Ecclesiastes)

Forum List

Back