They stood over him and watched him die': Outrage in Alabama after white officer kills black man

Whenever I am stopped by a cop, I do "exactly" as he/she says. I don't question, I don't give him/her any lip, I just obey.
If I'm pulled over for speeding, I immediately retrieve my driver's license and registration and hand it to the cop when he/she approaches. The ticket is written and I'm on my way. I don't try to talk my way out of it or deny, after all, I was probably speeding.
Now, back to the topic. As there was a struggle, the deceased almost certainly gave the cop some lip, got argumentative, indignant that he was stopped and tried to leave while being questioned. By doing so, he just escalated the situation. The cop's job....stop the person from leaving until such time as he can confirm the person's story about living there (just need to show ID for that). Upon attempting to leave, the struggle ensues. If you physically struggle with a cop, an arrest is imminent as he/she cannot just let you go after fighting with him/her. As for shooting the guy, a review has to be done, a grand jury formed and the juries decide. If the grand jury decides it was not a just shooting, the cop is arrested and goes to trial.....like anyone else is entitled.
As for the person who said he doesn't want "white cops" in the neighborhood anymore, I agree. If 911 calls come in from that neighborhood, send no one; just let that neighborhood devolve into anarchy and protect all other neighborhoods that don't object to cops (regardless of color) patrolling their areas.

Forum List

Back