They are monopolies! Will Cons believe it?

gipper

Diamond Member
Jan 8, 2011
Time to bust them up and destroy their ability to influence our government and the two crime families.

THEY SAY THAT BREAKING UP IS HARD TO DO —

House: Amazon, Facebook, Apple, Google have “monopoly power,” should be split

Blockbuster report calls for beefing up enforcement and aiming for breakups.

KATE COX - 10/7/2020, 4:16 PM
Last June, the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial, and Administrative Law began an in-depth investigation into four major firms—Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google. The subcommittee wanted to answer one key question: did Big Tech get big playing by the rules, or does it cheat to stay at the top? After 16 months of hearings, research, and analysis, the panel's findings are out... and the results look really bad for every company involved.

The tech sector does indeed suffer from abuses of "monopoly power," the subcommittee concluded in the mammoth 450-page report (PDF) published late yesterday afternoon.

Hey Adam Smith (Toddsterpatriot. Flash) what say you?

Its certainly something to investigate, once the Republicans regain the Senate and the WH.

But I wouldn't take Pelosi's word for it that these outfits are "monopolies" at all.

I’d have to see the law that forbids people from running a competitor to Amazon, to Apple, to Google, and to Facebook.

Is that what happened to MySpace? Were the owners arrested for breaking that law against competing with Facebook?

Its certainly something to investigate, once the Republicans regain the Senate and the WH.

But I wouldn't take Pelosi's word for it that these outfits are "monopolies" at all.
It isn’t Pelosi’ word.

This from an R on the committee…
As for Congress, although bipartisan efforts are extremely difficult to come by, there is hope for at least some minimal common ground on antitrust. Rep. Ken Buck (R-Colo.), a member of the antitrust subcommittee, issued a statementindicating that although he does not agree with all of the report's recommendations, he and other Republican colleagues agree that the findings have merit.

"It's clear that the ball is in Congress' court," Buck said. "Companies like Apple, Amazon, Google, and Facebook have acted anticompetitively. We need to rise to the occasion to offer the American people a solution that promotes free and fair competition and ensures the free market operates in a free and fair manner long into the future." Several other Republican members of the committee signed on to similarly themed statements.

Time to bust them up and destroy their ability to influence our government and the two crime families.

Last June, the House Judiciary Subcommittee on Antitrust, Commercial, and Administrative Law began an in-depth investigation into four major firms—Amazon, Apple, Facebook, and Google. The subcommittee wanted to answer one key question: did Big Tech get big playing by the rules, or does it cheat to stay at the top? After 16 months of hearings, research, and analysis, the panel's findings are out... and the results look really bad for every company involved.

The tech sector does indeed suffer from abuses of "monopoly power," the subcommittee concluded in the mammoth 450-page report (PDF) published late yesterday afternoon.

Monopoly (noun) "the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service."

Amazon isn't the exclusive purveyor of online shopping

Facebook isn't the only social media channel

Apple doesn't manufacture all (or even most) of the world's smartphones and computers

Google isn't the only search engine.

So, in what way do any of these companies constitute a monopoly?

Never let success go unpunished

Monopoly (noun) "the exclusive possession or control of the supply of or trade in a commodity or service."

Amazon isn't the exclusive purveyor of online shopping

Facebook isn't the only social media channel

Apple doesn't manufacture all (or even most) of the world's smartphones and computers

Google isn't the only search engine.

So, in what way do any of these companies constitute a monopoly?
Lol. I knew it. Excuses. Here they come.

So you like monopolies.

Was one of my favorite games as a kid.

None of the companies you listed are even close to being monopolies, and even if they were I do not feel it is the place of the Govt to "break them up".

I am one of those off free market types, not a big Govt dude like you

No excuse, I'm asking, how any of the companies you named are a monopoly.

In fact, only a government can created a monopoly by creating legislation to eliminate competition in a market.
I didn’t name them. Lol. Congress did. At least read the column I posted.

Was one of my favorite games as a kid.

None of the companies you listed are even close to being monopolies, and even if they were I do not feel it is the place of the Govt to "break them up".

I am one of those off free market types, not a big Govt dude like you
Not according to Congress and the experts they used. Get informed before posting.

Not according to Congress and the experts they used. Get informed before posting.

Well shit, if Congress says so, then it has to be true because your government would never tell you anything that was not 100% true and accurate.

Damn dude, when did you give up libertarianism and go full on Big Govt lover?

AT&T was a monopoly ... it was literally illegal for anyone else in this country to offer telephone services in most US markets until 1984.

Where any other company was allowed to offer telecom service, they had to be (by law) an AT&T subsidiary or exclusively pay to use AT&T infrastructure.

And the result was, Americans paid high prices for zero innovation in the market.

I didn’t name them. Lol. Congress did. At least read the column I posted.

Congress could declare me a Catholic if they so wished ... it doesn't make it so.

maxresdefault.jpg

Forum List

Back