Zone1 These forums are very odd

Status
Not open for further replies.
You get a lot of trolls here. But there are people who can debate a topic. I had a speech class in college, that set up as it's debate rules, you could not state your point, until you could state your opponents point, back to them, to their satisfaction! Because really, if you don't know your opponents point, then you don't know what you are responding to. And if you don't know what your are responding to, then you don't know what you are talking about!

If neither of you could state your point till the other was understood, how did you see what their point was?

The large majority of the posters here are warriors for their tribe. They wage their war by replicating talking points instead of rational examination.

Most are absolutely indistinguishable from each other in terms of views.

How many read that and thought, I agree with that, but not me!

You get a lot of trolls here. But there are people who can debate a topic. I had a speech class in college, that set up as it's debate rules, you could not state your point, until you could state your opponents point, back to them, to their satisfaction! Because really, if you don't know your opponents point, then you don't know what you are responding to. And if you don't know what your are responding to, then you don't know what you are talking about!
smart speech class if you ask me.

Message boards are an odd little corner of political discourse. The sooner you realize that it's a useless and futile pastime where no one ever changes their minds the better off you'll be, I come here to better understand why people are mean.
Mostly they are mean because of continual exposure to liars like you.

There/they're/their can be no debate with liars like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back