There is No Future Battle of Armageddon:

I know.. Revelation is just a letter to 7 contemporary churches.
The beast is a reference to Nero and the Whore of Babylon is Israel.
The Whore is the false church of ROME and its attempted perversion of Christianity, selling out, whoring out the principles for wealth and power. ;) The antichrist is anyone that does not accept Jesus as the Messiah of prophecy. There are countless religions that promote an antichrist doctrine.

BUT... in Revelation 16:14 is the battle of Armageddon while in the next verse 15 Jesus declares, "Behold I am coming as a thief." That means that Armageddon comes FIRST, THEN the thief-like coming of the Lord.

Not only that, this would mean that contrary to futurist theology, there were MANY signs before his coming as a thief. For example, his coming according to a futurist interpretation of these passages is still after what they say are the 144,000 Jewish evangelists, after the destruction of a huge majority of the earth's population, and after the destruction of 2/3 of the Jews.

The truth is THE war with the Jews in Jerusalem did take place in 70AD. Paul told THEM in THEIR day that Jesus coming in judgment wouldn't be like a thief for those who are believers:

1 Thessalonians 5: "2 For you yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so comes as a thief in the night. 3 For when they say, “Peace and safety!” then sudden destruction comes upon them, as labor pains upon a pregnant woman. And THEY shall not escape. 4 But YOU, brethren, are not in darkness, so that this Day should overtake you as a thief. 5 You are all sons of light and sons of the day. We are not of the night nor of darkness.

3. FINALLY, ONE OF THE MOST POWERFUL ARGUMENTS COMES FROM DON PRESTON'S BOOK CALLED BLAST FROM THE PAST: THE TRUTH ABOUT ARMAGEDDON.

He notes that as evangelicals we all believe that Christians go to heaven when they die. But according to Revelation 11:19, John said, "Then the temple of God WAS OPENED in heaven, and the ark of His Covenant was seen in His temple. And there were lightnings, noises, thunderings, an earthquake and great hail." Revelation 15:8 tells us, "The temple was filled with smoke from the glory of God and from His power, and NO ONE WAS ABLE TO ENTER THE TEMPLE TILL the seven plagues of the seven angels were completed."

continued
How did we blow past and get 19
COLOURBOX44029413.jpg

The Whore is the false church of ROME. ;)

Nope.. That was a slur from Martin Luther after he fell out with Rome. Israel is frequently called whore and harlot in the OT because the prophets continually scolded Israel for whoring after false gods.

The Whore is the false church of ROME. ;) The antichrist is anyone that does not accept Jesus as the Messiah of prophecy. There are countless religions that promote an antichrist doctrine.

Forget it, she is not a Christian and her "bible" is allegorical/historical at best. She doe not believe in Christ as taught by the Church of today.

Nope.. That was a slur from Martin Luther after he fell out with Rome. Israel is frequently called whore and harlot in the OT because the prophets continually scolded Israel for whoring after false gods.

You are referencing the Old Testament and applying a literal meaning to a New Testament book of symbolism? You are attempting to mold your faith around words that do not exist. Why all the hate in your heart? You are always arguing with subjective rhetoric that is not in the least objective in nature. Israel is in the same boat as ISLAM........both adhere to antichrist doctrine.

Its documented history of just who WHORED out Christianity for wealth and power........or have you never heard of the Crusades and the Inquisitions? The historical fact that the False Church attempted to rule the world from Rome.......with all the governments of the west answering to the Vatican as a central government? Catholicism was a mandated religion upon the majority of the known world at that time.

Last edited:
Because Aramaic was the linga franca of the time.
that's it? It was meant for the MASSES? like a comic
book? Dante like it-----but it does not show up on the
YESHIVA reading list. Does the catholic church still see it as
THE CAT'S MEOW?

Its documented history........or have you never heard of the Crusades and the Inquisitions?

Of course, but Rome was not the whore of Babylon. Rome had no contact with Babylon..

Some protestant churches don't require their clergy to be educated so you get this screwy, irrational eschatology.

that's it? It was meant for the MASSES? like a comic
book? Dante like it-----but it does not show up on the
YESHIVA reading list. Does the catholic church still see it as
THE CAT'S MEOW?

Lingua franca - Wikipedia

A lingua franca , also known as a bridge language, common language, trade language, auxiliary language, vehicular language, or link language, is a language or dialect systematically used to make communication possible between groups of people who do not share a native language or dialect, particularly when it is a third language that is distinct from both of the speakers' native langua…

Any language regularly used for communication between people who do not share a native language is a lingua franca. Lingua franca is a functional term, independent of any linguistic history or language structure.

Lingua franca - Wikipedia

A lingua franca , also known as a bridge language, common language, trade language, auxiliary language, vehicular language, or link language, is a language or dialect systematically used to make communication possible between groups of people who do not share a native language or dialect, particularly when it is a third language that is distinct from both of the speakers' native langua…

Any language regularly used for communication between people who do not share a native language is a lingua franca. Lingua franca is a functional term, independent of any linguistic history or language structure.
I REALLY did not need the wikki description of aramaic as a dialect
used by JOOOOOS. There are all kinds of dialects going on -----
the HAITIANS have the most CHEERFUL

Forget it, she is not a Christian and her "bible" is allegorical/historical at best. She doe not believe in Christ as taught by the Church of today.

What Protestant denomination do you follow? Many of today's churches follow the Scofield which was strictly political

What Protestant denomination do you follow? Many of today's churches follow the Scofield which was strictly political
I never saw the word Scofield on a church----I saw "baptist"
"Presbyterian" "Methodist" "christ" "lutheran" all in
the town of my childhood "Scofield"?-------I hope it ain't
nuthin' like WESLEYAN------those two boys were NUTS

ya nevah know------it was a movie------there may someday be a sequel to ARMAGEDDON

the prophet with WHORE on his mind was AMOS---he was
married to one

I never saw the word Scofield on a church----I saw "baptist"
"Presbyterian" "Methodist" "christ" "lutheran" all in
the town of my childhood "Scofield"?-------I hope it ain't
nuthin' like WESLEYAN------those two boys were NUTS

The Scofield Bible has been adopted by some Baptists, Methodists etc. It was written to promoted Christian Zionism and really caught fire after Hal Lindsey wrote Late Great Planet Earth in the 1970s.

The Scofield heresy is very popular with small store front non denominational protestant churches.

Dominionists and Dispensationists follow Scofield.

the prophet with WHORE on his mind was AMOS---he was
married to one

Not just Amos.

Bible Verses about Israel as Harlot
Bible Verses about Israel as Harlot. Therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities." For she is not My wife, nor am I her Husband! And slay her with thirst. For they are the children of harlotry. She who conceived them has behaved shamefully. My oil and my drink.'.

What the Bible says about Israel as Prostitute
Jeremiah 3:1-5 Jeremiah wrote this over 400 years after Israel's rejection of God as King and about 840 years after making the covenant at Mount Sinai. Even though by the time of this writing God had divorced the Great Harlot Israel, He still continued to have a fractious relationship with her in order to continue the outworking of His purpose and to fulfill His promises to Abraham, including ...

31 Bible verses about Harlots
Verse Concepts. whores Tattoos Being Ok Rights Sexual Sin, Nature Of daughters. Sexuality Love, In Relationships Provoking Prostitution Harlots. ‘ Do not profane your daughter by making her a harlot, so that the land will not fall to harlotry and the land become full of lewdness. Genesis 34:31.

The Scofield Bible has been adopted by some Baptists, Methodists etc. It was written to promoted Christian Zionism and really caught fire after Hal Lindsey wrote Late Great Planet Earth in the 1970s.

The Scofield heresy is very popular with small store front non denominational protestant churches.

Dominionists and Dispensationists follow Scofield.
oh no storefront churches in my childhood town----real fancy
place

Forum List

Back