There Are Two Approaches to Gun Violence - The Brady Approach and the Reagan Approach

[...]

& btw i am not anti-gun. just anti assault rifle & multi round clips & drums. as was ronny.

What do you believe to be the essential purpose of the Second Amendment?
To allow gun nuts to overthrow the government?
Defend us from Commies?
Fight Islamic Terrorists?
Then whichever of the three, and presumably many others one might choose, we need to be rid of the foolishly ignorant notion of banning so-called "assault" rifles, multi-round magazines, etc., because these are exactly the kind of weapons and accessory devices we'll be defending ourselves against.

It's a black people problem. Just look at the demographics of the most violent parts of the USA and then look at the demographics, gun ownership, and violent crime statistics of Switzerland.

School shootings are just a liberal talking point that represents a small percentage of the violent crime in the country.
And yet almost every one of the rampage killers were white.

Go figger.
Rampage killings are a very small part of violent crime. Go figger.
So, nothing to worry about
Precisely.

No connection between the two
Oh looky here. Looked at what happened after 1964 when God was kicked out of public schools.
And this chart only goes to 2012.
Anyone who knows science is you ask what occurred when it suddenly starts spiking, no matter the topic being measured.
View attachment 177078
The schools replaced God, Allah and whoever else you pray to with guns. Those of you who oppose absolutely every proposal to rein in sanity share moral responsibility for every mass shooting we`ve had and are going to have. You are the problem, not the Constitution.
My father used to take his rifle to school all of the time to go rabbit hunting after school.

Guns are not the issue, culture is.
You`re close. It`s the Gun Culture. I`m sure your dad didn`t use an assault rifle to hunt rabbits.

Hunting rabbits is one reason for the second amendment. Keeping government honest is the first. Have you ever read any of the writings of the founding fathers?
Feel free to enlighten me on the writings of the founding fathers. Did they really believe that when we disagree with our elected officials we have a right and duty to murder them?

Feel free to enlighten me on the writings of the founding fathers. Did they really believe that when we disagree with our elected officials we have a right and duty to murder them?
Funny you should ask that.

Freedom Quotes
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” – Thomas Jefferson

“When a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise the original rights of self defense – to fight the government.” – Alexander Hamilton

“The ultimate authority resides in the people, and that if the federal government got too powerful and overstepped its authority, then the people would develop plans of resistance and resort to arms.” – James Madison

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” – Thomas Jefferson

“This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.” – Abraham Lincoln

“We, the people are rightful masters of both Congress and the courts – not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” – Abraham Lincoln

“We need a revolution every 200 years, because all governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years.” – Ben Franklin

“What country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.” – Thomas Jefferson​

[...]

& btw i am not anti-gun. just anti assault rifle & multi round clips & drums. as was ronny.

What do you believe to be the essential purpose of the Second Amendment?
To allow gun nuts to overthrow the government?
Defend us from Commies?
Fight Islamic Terrorists?
Then whichever of the three, and presumably many others one might choose, we need to be rid of the foolishly ignorant notion of banning so-called "assault" rifles, multi-round magazines, etc., because these are exactly the kind of weapons and accessory devices we'll be defending ourselves against.
They will come in handy in a zombie apocalypse

Funny you should ask that.

Freedom Quotes
“The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.” – Thomas Jefferson

“When a government betrays the people by amassing too much power and becoming tyrannical, the people have no choice but to exercise the original rights of self defense – to fight the government.” – Alexander Hamilton

“The ultimate authority resides in the people, and that if the federal government got too powerful and overstepped its authority, then the people would develop plans of resistance and resort to arms.” – James Madison

“The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government.” – Thomas Jefferson

“This country, with its institutions, belongs to the people who inhabit it. Whenever they shall grow weary of the existing Government, they can exercise their constitutional right of amending it or their revolutionary right to dismember or overthrow it.” – Abraham Lincoln

“We, the people are rightful masters of both Congress and the courts – not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.” – Abraham Lincoln

“We need a revolution every 200 years, because all governments become stale and corrupt after 200 years.” – Ben Franklin

“What country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms.” – Thomas Jefferson​
Okay. So we should murder our elected officials. I remember the crazies here calling Obama a tyrant. Why didn`t they rise up and lead a violent resolution? All talk, no balls. It`s interesting that Jefferson and the other slave rapists thought that the govt. they created actually sucked.

Okay. So we should murder our elected officials. I remember the crazies here calling Obama a tyrant. Why didn`t they rise up and lead a violent resolution? All talk, no balls. It`s interesting that Jefferson and the other slave rapists thought that the govt. they created actually sucked.

This is your core problem, dude, you by the Marxist bullshit too much. TJ was not a rapist and he abhored slavery and wanted to end it but the economic system he was in made the simplistic manumission of slaves virtually impossible and in fact inhumane. They would have just starved to death in the streets, but then you commies have no problem with that, do you?

Oh looky here. Looked at what happened after 1964 when God was kicked out of public schools.
And this chart only goes to 2012.
Anyone who knows science is you ask what occurred when it suddenly starts spiking, no matter the topic being measured.
View attachment 177078
The schools replaced God, Allah and whoever else you pray to with guns. Those of you who oppose absolutely every proposal to rein in sanity share moral responsibility for every mass shooting we`ve had and are going to have. You are the problem, not the Constitution.
My father used to take his rifle to school all of the time to go rabbit hunting after school.

Guns are not the issue, culture is.
You`re close. It`s the Gun Culture. I`m sure your dad didn`t use an assault rifle to hunt rabbits.

Hunting rabbits is one reason for the second amendment. Keeping government honest is the first. Have you ever read any of the writings of the founding fathers?

Yes, that's what I said.

I said "keeping government honest," which of course means as you so eloquently put it "when we disagree with our elected officials we have a right and a duty to murder them."

I'm impressed, that's a serious level of stupid that you've achieved

That would depend on the nature of the disagreement and its ultimate implications.

Also, under justifiable circumstances the word, execute, is far more polite, appropriate, and proper than is the word, murder. Or do you not believe certain elected officials can do things, or propose things, which call for them to be summarily executed?

Forum List

Back