The War On Poverty

Are we saying once impoverished people can become millionaires if they scam the welfare system enough? like welfare queens and such? Sounds dubious with not facts backing it up other than your assertion.

For a good time, watch:
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=olUsgn-Ubh0#t=53]McResources "Help" Line - YouTube[/ame]

Are we saying once impoverished people can become millionaires if they scam the welfare system enough? like welfare queens and such? Sounds dubious with not facts backing it up other than your assertion.

For a good time, watch:
McResources "Help" Line - YouTube

Not sure how it's so complicated that detailed example is needed.

If you currently have one trillion dollars in assets, but you're earned income is less than the poverty line, then this government will not only not charge you any income tax, but it will also gladly send you welfare checks because clearly your income level makes you poor in their eyes.

However, if you have no assets and are living hand to mouth each week on income that is well over the poverty line, this government will do it's damnedest to make sure you don't accumulate any assets by taxing your income as punishment for working.

You would rank him there but the American people of that era beg to differ. They wanted him for another 4 more years, defying the 2 term limit. Sounds like having created jobs and carried the economy out of the largest market crash was a good thing. But you can say whatever you want, no one is going to tell you otherwise.

All Welfare Applications ask what your assets are in addition to your income/current bank account and cash on hand. Of course you can lie and dress the part of poverty and you might slip through the cracks through dishonesty.

But it sounds brain dead to prefer welfare to selling a few thousand dollars of assets so they don't have to be cashless. Your whole scheme involves extreme malevolence by a wealthy snob who intentionally drains all their cash and credit but maintains millions in assests. Sounds WAY TOO far fetched and pety to go through all that trouble in order to make an extra 1000 dollars MAX from welfare. That's only with 4 kids and no job.

This is clearly not a major scandal since the dollar amount per person it fairly inconsequential: average welfare is around 380 a month., food stamps cannot exceed 200 unless you prove you are supporting a family. Far too many hoops to jump through for someone with a slightly less liquid product: assets.

I just think your problem is you can say whatever you want without any consequence.

For a good time, watch:

If you currently have one trillion dollars in assets, but you're earned income is less than the poverty line, then this government will not only not charge you any income tax, but it will also gladly send you welfare checks because clearly your income level makes you poor in their eyes.

However, if you have no assets and are living hand to mouth each week on income that is well over the poverty line, this government will do it's damnedest to make sure you don't accumulate any assets by taxing your income as punishment for working.

Incorrect. Getting welfare requires passing a means test, part of that test includes listing any assets, such as trillions of dollars in the bank. Failure to list those assets could result in major penalties.

For a good time, watch:

Incorrect. Getting welfare requires passing a means test, part of that test includes listing any assets, such as trillions of dollars in the bank. Failure to list those assets could result in major penalties.
Sorry, but you are wrong. There are many welfare programs that do not have an asset test. For example, Obama Care does not have an asset test. The requirement to receive said subsidies is you promise you don't have employer provided health care, and you don't have income over the limits. Thus you can be a billionaire and get subsidized health care.

I would rank LBJ right down there with Zachary Taylor and Andrew Johnson as the worst U.S. presidents ever.

I think you are confused on Zachary Taylor. He artfully handled the Texas and Mexican Cession issues before his death. We know what a smashing success following presidents had with the abandonment of his policies. For the poster child of a bad president, try Warren G Harding.

As for (1) they do exist and we do provide many forms of welfare aid to said millionaires. 1a) low tax rates for income paid to millionaires, where people living week to week on middle class income pay high tax rates; 1b) many forms of welfare are paid to people without performing a means test, as such there are always reports in the papers of millionaires receiving welfare checks.

As for (2) there are a lot more people in this classification than you might think and they make up a large percentage of the so called poor of this country. Many in this group live by bartering (legal and illegal). Bartering is not measured in our system. Further, this is just one group of folks that just don't fit our mold of 4.3 people living in a house or apartment with 1.6 of the people earning an income for the household. For example, my father retired at 53. By the measure of current income and sell-able assets one might say he's living in poverty. However, he owns his home cars, boats, rec vehicles, ... and barters for any extras he wants. The guy lives like a king and seeks no welfare, cause frankly he doesn't need help.

I really don't have any numbers to dispute you on this, so I'll accept your judgment on the pervasiveness of these groups.

And I'm glad your Dad is making out well. I'm guessing he learned how to stretch a buck early and passed it on!

For example, Obama Care does not have an asset test.

Way to point out the ONLY questionnaire that has no direct question about assets. Just for the record, ALL other welfare programs, which I've been on, directly ask.

I just signed up for Medicaid through Obamacare. It's a federal crime to falsify and misrepresent your status. You have to go in for an interview and they ask you several questions pertaining to your status, your family, your income, your possessions. So just because the original document you use to sign up lacks direct questions about assets doesn't mean you can be accepted. You are required for an interview by your local county office.

Don't lie just to be right. Being right isn't the point: it's that no self-respecting person with that much assets is going to avoid health insurance in the first place. Maybe 1 person named you. I'm glad you'd rather me not afford my medication and do without instead of get it covered. Thanks, I know my health appreciates it which I rely on for employment!

As for (1) they do exist and we do provide many forms of welfare aid to said millionaires. 1a) low tax rates for income paid to millionaires, where people living week to week on middle class income pay high tax rates; 1b) many forms of welfare are paid to people without performing a means test, as such there are always reports in the papers of millionaires receiving welfare checks.

As for (2) there are a lot more people in this classification than you might think and they make up a large percentage of the so called poor of this country. Many in this group live by bartering (legal and illegal). Bartering is not measured in our system. Further, this is just one group of folks that just don't fit our mold of 4.3 people living in a house or apartment with 1.6 of the people earning an income for the household. For example, my father retired at 53. By the measure of current income and sell-able assets one might say he's living in poverty. However, he owns his home cars, boats, rec vehicles, ... and barters for any extras he wants. The guy lives like a king and seeks no welfare, cause frankly he doesn't need help.

I really don't have any numbers to dispute you on this, so I'll accept your judgment on the pervasiveness of these groups.

And I'm glad your Dad is making out well. I'm guessing he learned how to stretch a buck early and passed it on!

The numbers are more pervasive than you might think. For example, how many folks do you know that have a good sized 401k or pension, or moved into a house in a city like boston where the home values went through the roof.

Nothing wrong with having assets, it's just odd to me that provide any welfare that is not means tested. I mean what's the point to giving a millionaire subsidized health care?

For example, Obama Care does not have an asset test.

Way to point out the ONLY questionnaire that has no direct question about assets. Just for the record, ALL other welfare programs, which I've been on, directly ask.

I just signed up for Medicaid through Obamacare. It's a federal crime to falsify and misrepresent your status. You have to go in for an interview and they ask you several questions pertaining to your status, your family, your income, your possessions. So just because the original document you use to sign up lacks direct questions about assets doesn't mean you can be accepted. You are required for an interview by your local county office.

Don't lie just to be right. Being right isn't the point: it's that no self-respecting person with that much assets is going to avoid health insurance in the first place. Maybe 1 person named you. I'm glad you'd rather me not afford my medication and do without instead of get it covered. Thanks, I know my health appreciates it which I rely on for employment!

Ok how about "unemployment" checks past the first 3months? How many examples do you want? I suspect for every means tested example you can provide, I can provide you with one that is not means tested. Oh and I hope you get better.

Last edited:
In 1965 unwed Black mothers were about 25%. Today the rate is around 80%. Not only did LBJ's failed "war on poverty" create a Black society dependent on government assistance it also ruined the family structure in the Black community. The only thing LBJ's "war on poverty" succeeded in doing was to create a plantation of Blacks who automatically vote for democrats.

Think of welfare for blacks as payback for slavery. Compute the number of slaves brought to this country for hundreds of years, the free labor they provided. So the service they unwillingly provided in building up this country has a dollar value. Say 4% interest on that dollar value it should be in the trillions. We might find out we're paying those welfare mothers too little. We believe in inheritance laws in this country, why shouldn't the black people finally get their inheritance?

Last edited:
In 1965 unwed Black mothers were about 25%. Today the rate is around 80%. Not only did LBJ's failed "war on poverty" create a Black society dependent on government assistance it also ruined the family structure in the Black community. The only thing LBJ's "war on poverty" succeeded in doing was to create a plantation of Blacks who automatically vote for democrats.

Think of welfare for blacks as payback for slavery. Compute the number of slaves brought to this country for hundreds of years, the free labor they provided. So the service they unwillingly provided in building up this country has a dollar value. Say 4% interest on that dollar value it should be in the trillions. We might find out we're paying those welfare mothers too little. We believe in inheritance laws in this country, why shouldn't the black people finally get their inheritance?

That would be a stupid thought for a variety of reasons. Welfare was created for poor whites. Welfare cannot payback what happened during slavery. Are you kidding? Welfare once required that the Black male was not in the home disrupting families. Welfare has harmed more than it has helped.

That would be a stupid thought for a variety of reasons. Welfare was created for poor whites. Welfare cannot payback what happened during slavery. Are you kidding? Welfare once required that the Black male was not in the home disrupting families. Welfare has harmed more than it has helped.

This reminds me of the story about a king who had his benefactor killed because no reward would have been sufficient. Is that what you want?

This reminds me of the story about a king who had his benefactor killed because no reward would have been sufficient. Is that what you want?

Benefactors?! :lol:

That would make sense if white people were actually benefactors. They are not. They are debtors. You owe the debt your ancestors created by creating a system that enslaved the children of the original slaves, destroyed Black families, and caused an academic and socio-economic gap due to Jim Crow. Whites got to participate in numerous homesteading acts that gave land away where Blacks were not allowed to participate. Give me a break please.

Last edited:
me said:
I would rank LBJ right down there with Zachary Taylor and Andrew Johnson as the worst U.S. presidents ever.

You would rank him there but the American people of that era beg to differ. They wanted him for another 4 more years, defying the 2 term limit.

The poor Americans who died in Vietnam so Lady Bird could get rich off contracts with Bell Helicopters probably wouldn't beg to differ. Try to revise history to your liking all you want, but nope. Sorry. You're incorrect.

gnarlylove said:
Sounds like having created jobs and carried the economy out of the largest market crash was a good thing. But you can say whatever you want, no one is going to tell you otherwise.

Yeah — if "having created jobs" means having gone to a war we couldn't win in a place where we didn't belong, where the poorest of the poor Americans died so LBJ's honey could get rich: spot-frick'n-on, Clark.

Last edited:

That would make sense if white people were actually benefactors. They are not. They are debtors. You owe the debt your ancestors created by creating a system that enslaved the children of the original slaves, destroyed Black families, and caused an academic and socio-economic gap due to Jim Crow. Whites got to participate in numerous homesteading acts that gave land away where Blacks were not allowed to participate. Give me a break please.
You've more than been paid back through welfare.

You've more than been paid back through welfare.

I doubt that. You poor whites had welfare created for you and Blacks were denied until relatively recently. Then your handlers created more systems to keep Blacks in line. You are not of the elite so I don't fault you for purposefully planning the system, just participating unknowingly but willingly in it.

Forum List

Back