The Uninhabitable Earth

I am trying to get everyone to understand the risk we face and act to stop it.

Get in line ...

carrie-nation-inside-header.jpg

assets%252Fmessage-editor%252F1471027453122-gettyimages-515099087_0.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

It is absolutely time to panic about climate change

Author David Wallace-Wells on the dystopian hellscape that awaits us

"It is, I promise, worse than you think."

That was the fist line of David Wallace-Wells horrifying 2017 essay in New York Magazine* about climate change. It ws an attempt to pain a very real picture of our not-too-distant future, a future filled with famines, political chaos, economic collapse, fierce resource competition and a sun that cooks us

* When Will the Planet Be Too Hot for Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.

Wallace-Wells has developed his essay into a new book: The Uninhabitable Earth.

You should check out the Vox article at the top link. The first of many points: the difference between constraining the temperature rise to 1.5C rather than 2C would be the deaths of 150 million people, from air pollution alone.
Anytime you must rely on instilling fear in a population to get what you want, you are LYING!

If your position was realistic, you would not need to terrorize the natives.

Sent from my SM-G892A using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

That was the fist line of David Wallace-Wells horrifying 2017 essay in New York Magazine* about climate change. It ws an attempt to pain a very real picture of our not-too-distant future, a future filled with famines, political chaos, economic collapse, fierce resource competition and a sun that cooks us

* When Will the Planet Be Too Hot for Humans? Much, Much Sooner Than You Imagine.

You should check out the Vox article at the top link. The first of many points: the difference between constraining the temperature rise to 1.5C rather than 2C would be the deaths of 150 million people, from air pollution alone.
Anytime you must rely on instilling fear in a population to get what you want, you are LYING!

If your position was realistic, you would not need to terrorize the natives.

Sent from my SM-G892A using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

Tell that to the Tutsis of Rwanda, the jews of Nazi Germany, the Albanians in the Kosovo wars. God are you stupid.

I am trying to get everyone to understand the risk we face and act to stop it. If you think the proper response to news of this sort is to say your prayers and then kiss your ass goodbye, then I'm afraid you're a useless coward and there's not much point talking to you.

That response was not well thought out.

I live in Missouri...deep in tornado alley. But, my house was built in 1915 and it's still standing, as my town hasn't been hit by a devastating tornado in a century. So people here have a choice, each with compelling data sets from which to draw conclusions.

A person who believes the threat is significant might built a storm shelter, make an emergency plan, or buy emergency supplies to be prepared. A person who thinks the threat is overstated will probably do nothing.

Is the person who builds or purchases a storm shelter a coward?

Of course not...only a complete idiot would take the position that a person making preparations to combat a threat they believe could kill them or alter their life forever is a coward.

One step beyond this, if I tell my new neighbor about the threat of tornadoes in Missouri and they ask about storm shelters...which response do you believe will make the neighbor take the threat more seriously:

"Well, I have one."

...or...

"I don't have one."

See my point? If you and others like you actually BELIEVED the world was going to end due to climate change...YOU would personally be doing something to mitigate it's effects on you and those you love INDEPENDENT of society...which is mostly doing nothing.

And you aren't...which leads the rest of us to believe that you really don't believe it. It's either virtue signalling, the result of childhood indoctrination into the Global Warming Cult, or there is another ulterior motivation for your Chicken Little rhetoric.

All to be brought about by the lying government and complicit media, and pawns such as yourself who are so enamored with self importance, they have no clue.

:lol:

Strangely, everyone who supposedly believes that manmade climate change is going to cause TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) never act like they are preparing for TEOTWAWKI. In fact, they are doing the exact opposite.

You want me to believe that you believe this crap? Show me by your actions.

I am trying to get everyone to understand the risk we face and act to stop it. If you think the proper response to news of this sort is to say your prayers and then kiss your ass goodbye, then I'm afraid you're a useless coward and there's not much point talking to you.

As was posted earlier...
When I see the alarmist taking their own advice I might take you nutbags more serious.
As it is you're doing nothing but spewing worthless platitudes.

:lol:

Strangely, everyone who supposedly believes that manmade climate change is going to cause TEOTWAWKI (the end of the world as we know it) never act like they are preparing for TEOTWAWKI. In fact, they are doing the exact opposite.

You want me to believe that you believe this crap? Show me by your actions.

As was posted earlier...
When I see the alarmist taking their own advice I might take you nutbags more serious.
As it is you're doing nothing but spewing worthless platitudes.

exactly, when are they going to lead by example?

Vox????? Are you shitting me??????

No. Why?

Vox is about as far left as one can go....that's why. The fact that you would expect anyone other than a leftard to take the article you posted seriously is an indictment of just how delusional you are. David Wallace -Wells is a UN lackey and proponent of U.N Agenda 21. Nuff said on that issue.

Vox...ROFLMFAO!

1348488761322-smiley_rofl.gif

Just like we’ve been out of oil for 7 years now, according to predictions.

I bet you think gasoline will be around forever. When we run out of it here, we can just extract it on Mars and ship it here over a long pipeline that Trump's going to get built. Right?

Listen, Bozo, this climate change we are experiencing is due to weather modification technology that was experimented with going back to the early 1940's. Yeah, the climate is indeed changing but not because the average Johnny Lunchpail drives his car to work that exchanges his labor for paper notes of debt.

What part of fringe don't you understand s0n?

There are about 138 people on the whole planet who get as hysterical as you about this. Please show us some evidence...…...with links please...…..that there is any significant number of people worried the world is about to end! Again......links please!!

And we should be buried under miles thick sheets of ice, as predicted in the '70s.

I didn't think anyone remembered me predicting miles thick ice sheets back in the 70s but you caught me you did. I'm as shut down as shut down can be.

I think he was just pointing out that it's always something these so called experts are claiming is gonna kill us all off in ghastly ways if we don't take their stupid advice.

And send lots of money.

Forum List

Back