The Truth of the Civil Rights Struggle

Barry Goldwater voted against Civil Rights.

Let's see how very simple it is to prove you to be a slanderer, and typical Liberal.

"Barry Goldwater voted against Civil Rights."

No he didn't.

He voted against the 1964 bill. So did 34% of all Democrat Senators.

In the Senate, he strongly supported both the 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts.
See Goldwater, "Where I Stand."

Now that that is proven....it becomes clear that you know nothing about Goldwater, and continue prevarications when it comes to Republicans.

Last edited:
God almighty...for once I actually read your whole post
You take a statement about working blacks getting up early to to go to work and divert it into an argument on whether Chris Matthews lives in Chevy Chase or DC

What a pathetic response

Why would you pretend that I've made some 'argument' when all I've done is present facts?

Oh...right...you're a pretentious blowhard.

Like the majority of your cut and pastes, your facts have nothing to do with the issue being discussed. Chris Mathews is liberal and your enemy ...we get it

Doesnt negate his point that there are many, many hard working blacks. I have taken the DC Metro early in the morning and yes, there are many blacks up early going to work
I suspect many fall into Mitts 47%

1. No one is my enemy....not even pretentious blowhards.
My enemy is the lie.

2. 'Cut and Paste' simply means that I give credit to those who wrote the passages that support my positions.
You, on the other hand, take the ideas of the NYTimes and DNC as though they were your own....without giving the source.
Isn't that theft?

3. Here is another perfect example of your dishonesty:
"Doesnt negate his point that there are many, many hard working blacks.....blah, blah, blah..."
You know very well that his, and yours, is a blatant attempt to pretend a closeness with blacks.... as though he lived among black people...and I showed that that doesn't exist.

His attempt to pretend that he lives with black people is a lie.
As is your pretense that that isn't his point.

The rest of my post proves the same thing about Matthews and about you.

Bad news, Lefty.....people know.

"No longer would pompous whites considerate a showstopper to announce at dinner parties that ‘America is still a racist country.’ When they ramble with rage-consumed bumper-stickers about racism, it is largely greeted with eye-rolls."
Coulter

God almighty...for once I actually read your whole post
You take a statement about working blacks getting up early to to go to work and divert it into an argument on whether Chris Matthews lives in Chevy Chase or DC

What a pathetic response

Why would you pretend that I've made some 'argument' when all I've done is present facts?

Like the majority of your cut and pastes, your facts have nothing to do with the issue being discussed. Chris Mathews is liberal and your enemy ...we get it

Doesnt negate his point that there are many, many hard working blacks. I have taken the DC Metro early in the morning and yes, there are many blacks up early going to work

Really?
You suppose that because they are black?

Well, if you are correct, they sure are lucky the Republicans were there to help out:

1. The EITC has a sterling Republican heritage. It was first instituted in the 1920s by a Republican Congress at the instigation of Treasury Secretary Andrew Mellon. Repealed in 1943, Republican President Gerald Ford revived it in 1975.

a. EITC supporters argued that because the credit would be available only to those with earned income, it would reinforce work incentives and help get people off welfare. By making the credit refundable, it would offset the disincentive effects of higher payroll tax rates, which had risen from 4.8 percent on workers and employers in 1970 to 5.85 percent in 1975.

2. In the 1980s, Ronald Reagan supported a big increase in the EITC rate from 10 percent to 14 percent. In 1990, George H.W. Bush supported a further increase.

3. Despite the exploding cost of the EITC, Republicans in Congress created another tax credit in the 1997 tax bill. The child credit was intended to make it easier for mothers to stay at home and raise their children, rather than work outside the home. Republicans and the Earned Income Tax Credit - Bruce Bartlett - [page]

4. “…the earned income tax credit ("EITC") that was enacted by Gerald Ford and then re-enacted and expanded in 1986 by... could it be, don't tell me, say it ain't so!... Ronald Reagan.”
Paul Abrams: Reagan the Redistributor: Check Out the Earned Income Tax Credit

Love them Republicans, doncha'?

My enemy is the lie.

2. 'Cut and Paste' simply means that I give credit to those who wrote the passages that support my positions.
You, on the other hand, take the ideas of the NYTimes and DNC as though they were your own....without giving the source.
Isn't that theft?

"Doesnt negate his point that there are many, many hard working blacks.....blah, blah, blah..."
You know very well that his, and yours, is a blatant attempt to pretend a closeness with blacks.... as though he lived among black people...and I showed that that doesn't exist.

"No longer would pompous whites considerate a showstopper to announce at dinner parties that ‘America is still a racist country.’ When they ramble with rage-consumed bumper-stickers about racism, it is largely greeted with eye-rolls."
Coulter

You just can't stay on topic can you

Where Chris Matthews lives is irrelevant to the idea that there are hard working blacks going early to work

Hint: You live in the suburbs, you work in Washington, you have to go to work EARLY to film a show, you have to drive through poor neighborhoods to reach where you work

Yes......You can live in wealthy Chevy Chase and still see poor working people on the way to work

Thank you, PoliticalChick, for finally showing us your fractured thinking.

"Barry Goldwater voted against Civil Rights." No he didn't. He voted against the 1964 bill. So did 34% of all Democrat Senators.

In other words, voting against Civil Rights is voting for it.

My enemy is the lie.

Isn't that theft?

Coulter

Where Chris Matthews lives is irrelevant to the idea that there are hard working blacks going early to work

Hint: You live in the suburbs, you work in Washington, you have to go to work EARLY to film a show, you have to drive through poor neighborhoods to reach where you work

Yes......You can live in wealthy Chevy Chase and still see poor working people on the way to work

Amazingly consistent inability to stick to the truth.

"a. “I go back to living in D.C. all these years. I’ve lived there 40 years, a black-majority city, and anybody who wants to get up early in Washington and drive down North Capitol and drive past Florida Ave., sees nothing but young, but black people up at 6:30 in the morning going to work,” Matthews said…. Matthews doesn’t live in the District of Columbia but instead lives in Chevy Chase, Md., an affluent suburb of Washington, D.C.” MSNBC's Matthews falsely claims living in black majority DC | The Daily Caller"

He, and you. pretend he lives among blacks.

a. “I go back to living in D.C. all these years. I’ve lived there 40 years, a black-majority city, and anybody who wants to get up early in Washington and drive down North Capitol and drive past Florida Ave., sees nothing but young, but black people up at 6:30 in the morning going to work,” Matthews said…. Matthews doesn’t live in the District of Columbia but instead lives in Chevy Chase, Md., an affluent suburb of Washington, D.C.” MSNBC's Matthews falsely claims living in black majority DC | The Daily Caller

He lives in a white community....and chooses not to associate with black people.

A fraud.

Just as so very many pompous blowhard Liberals are.

Raise your paw.

My enemy is the lie.

Isn't that theft?

Coulter

"a. “I go back to living in D.C. all these years. I’ve lived there 40 years, a black-majority city, and anybody who wants to get up early in Washington and drive down North Capitol and drive past Florida Ave., sees nothing but young, but black people up at 6:30 in the morning going to work,” Matthews said…. Matthews doesn’t live in the District of Columbia but instead lives in Chevy Chase, Md., an affluent suburb of Washington, D.C.” MSNBC's Matthews falsely claims living in black majority DC | The Daily Caller"

a. “I go back to living in D.C. all these years. I’ve lived there 40 years, a black-majority city, and anybody who wants to get up early in Washington and drive down North Capitol and drive past Florida Ave., sees nothing but young, but black people up at 6:30 in the morning going to work,” Matthews said…. Matthews doesn’t live in the District of Columbia but instead lives in Chevy Chase, Md., an affluent suburb of Washington, D.C.” MSNBC's Matthews falsely claims living in black majority DC | The Daily Caller

He lives in a white community....and chooses not to associate with black people.

A fraud.

Raise your paw.

Which relates to the topic how?

Thank you, PoliticalChick, for finally showing us your fractured thinking.

"Barry Goldwater voted against Civil Rights." No he didn't. He voted against the 1964 bill. So did 34% of all Democrat Senators.

In other words, voting against Civil Rights is voting for it.

1. Jackal....you left out half of the post...

....'cause it makes you a liar?

2. Now, I'm just gonna have to reprise it:
"In the Senate, he strongly supported both the 1957 and 1960 Civil Rights Acts.
See Goldwater, "Where I Stand."

Now that that is proven....it becomes clear that you know nothing about Goldwater, and continue prevarications when it comes to Republicans."

3. And...
Did you know that Goldwater....the man you slandered as a racist...founded the NAACP in Arizona?

A fraud.

Raise your paw.

You really have nothing, huh?

Topic?
As in the OP? "The truth about the civil rights struggle."

Well...here it is: Republicans fought for civil rights.
Not every Democrat was a segregationist, but every segregationist was a Democrat.

So....you frauds pretend you not only stand shoulder to shoulder with blacks, but, a la Chris Matthews, have lived among them for years.

Gettin' whipped, aren't you, Lefty?

A fraud.

Raise your paw.

Topic?

Not every Democrat was a segregationist, but every segregationist was a Democrat.

So....you frauds pretend you not only stand shoulder to shoulder with blacks, but, a la Chris Matthews, have lived among them for years.

Come on cut and paste princess

How does Matthews living in a DC suburb have to do with the fact that many, many blacks are hard working Americans

You must be able to cut and paste SOMETHING

. Not every Democrat was a segregationist, but every segregationist was a Democrat.

Is that your line or another cut and paste?

How do you account for Southern Republicans who were segregationists?

Conveniently ignore them? Can you point to any Southern Republicans who supported Civil Rights?

Topic?

How does Matthews living in a DC suburb have to do with the fact that many, many blacks are hard working Americans

C'mon, old timer....stop trying to pretend that he was speaking of 'many, many blacks are hard working Americans.'

The pretense is diaphanous. He was claiming that he lives and works in a black community.

He, and you, are chest-pounding about what good friends and associates you are of black people.

For some reason you see this as a claim to fame.

Facts are he keeps blacks as far from him and his family as possible...as the links I provided prove.

Speak the truth....confession is good for the soul.

Topic?

C'mon, old timer....stop trying to pretend that he was speaking of 'many, many blacks are hard working Americans.'

The pretense is diaphanous. He was claiming that he lives and works in a black community.

He, and you, are chest-pounding about what good friends and associates you are of black people.

Facts are he keeps blacks as far from him and his family as possible...as the links I provided prove.

Interesting....maybe you can point out where he said he lives and works in the black community

Or better yet you can cut and paste something totally unrelated

. Not every Democrat was a segregationist, but every segregationist was a Democrat.

Is that your line or another cut and paste?

How do you account for Southern Republicans who were segregationists?

Conveniently ignore them? Can you point to any Southern Republicans who supported Civil Rights?

1. I notice you didn't name them.

2. Language is important, so in any discussion of who the segregationists were, liberals switch the word “Democrats” to “southerners.” Remember, the Civil Rights Act of 1957 was supported by all the Republicans in the Senate, but only 29 of 47 Democrats…and a number of the ‘segregationist’ Democrats were northern Dems (Oregon, Washington, Montana, and Wyoming). Not southerners: Democrats.

a. There were plenty of southern integrationists. They were Republicans.

3. "Can you point to any Southern Republicans who supported Civil Rights?"

Of course!

a. It was Republicans who overwhelmingly introduced, promoted, and passed every civil rights act from the end of the Civil War right up to and including the 1964 Civil Rights Act. President Eisenhower pushed the Civil Rights Act of 1957, written by Attorney General Herbert Brownell, guaranteeing black voting rights, to be enforced by the U.S. Department of Justice.

And Democrats hold he record of 125 hour filibuster against the enforcement provisions of the 1957 Republican Civil Rights Act!

b. 1966- Republican Spiro Agnew ran against Democrat segregationist George Mahoney for governor of Maryland. Agnew enacted some of the first laws in the nation against race discrimination in public housing. “Agnew signed the state's first open-housing laws and succeeded in getting the repeal of an anti-miscegenation law.” Spiro Agnew - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

c. 1966 Republican Bo Calloway ran against Democrat segregationist Lester Maddox, who “gained national attention for refusing to serve blacks in his popular cafeteria near the Georgia Tech campus. Newsmen tipped off about the confrontation reported how restaurant patrons and employees wielded ax handles while Mr. Maddox waved a pistol. …” Lester Maddox dies at 87; Segregationist ex-governor leaves complicated legacy.(National International) | HighBeam Business: Arrive Prepared

But....it's so much more fun skewering you, and Matthews, and every other pompous windbag Liberal by showing what racists Democrats have always been....

...see, aren't you having fun?

Democrat Party: the party of slavery, segregation, sedition, and secularization!

Interesting....maybe you can point out where he said he lives and works in the black community

Look at poor wingy.....

...reduced to pretending he doesn't speak English.

Not surprising that you'll believe any Left wing propaganda.

Let's test the old saw about old dogs and new tricks:

The so-called “Dixiecrats” remained Democrats and did not migrate to the Republican Party. The Dixiecrats were a group of Southern Democrats who, in the 1948 national election, formed a third party, the State’s Rights Democratic Party with the slogan: “Segregation Forever!” Even so, they continued to be Democrats for all local and state elections, as well as for all future national elections.
Frequently Asked Questions | National Black Republican Association

And you will believe anything that Anne Coulter says as she gets rich catering to the hatred of the right.

I believe the truth.

Since you have been able to do no more that your usual bloviation, i.e.. unable to find a single error in the OP....

...you know it is the truth, as well.

And....I, for one, see no problem in someone becoming rich.
I believe that what I said is the truth. I did not say tha there is anything wrong with getting rich, especially if it achieved by pandering to boring wannabe intellectuals such as yourself.

And you will believe anything that Anne Coulter says as she gets rich catering to the hatred of the right.

I believe the truth.

Since you have been able to do no more that your usual bloviation, i.e.. unable to find a single error in the OP....

...you know it is the truth, as well.

And....I, for one, see no problem in someone becoming rich.
I believe that what I said is the truth. I did not say tha there is anything wrong with getting rich, especially if it achieved by pandering to boring wannabe intellectuals such as yourself.

"...boring wannabe intellectuals..."

But...really....which am I closer to, boring, or wannabe-intellectual?

I need your opinion, and hang on your every word.
...as do so very many others.

Sometimes I think it's Ms. Truthie....but I know it's really you!
No, wait....it's Forrest Gump!

Look at poor wingy.....

...reduced to pretending he doesn't speak English.

Once again you fail to deliver

It is what happens when you substitute cut and paste for a good education

Forum List

Back