Diamond Member
Nov 21, 2013
deep within the statistical brain!!
:puke:

Young Elizabeth s Nazi salute The Sun sparks furor - CNN.com

The Sun

(video at the second link)

From the CNN link:

The Sun newspaper has sparked a furor in Britain by releasing decades-old footage of Queen Elizabeth II -- then a young girl -- giving a Nazi salute as she played with her family.

Buckingham Palace criticized the newspaper's decision to publish on its website the private family film, which was shot around 1933, when the future Queen was only about 6 years old and as Adolf Hitler had just risen to power in Germany.

"It is disappointing that film, shot eight decades ago and apparently from (Her Majesty's) personal family archive, has been obtained and exploited in this manner," a Buckingham Palace spokesman said.

The print version of the Sun, Britain's best-selling tabloid newspaper, published a still image taken from the footage -- showing Elizabeth alongside her mother, her 3-year-old sister Princess Margaret and her uncle, who would later be crowned Edward VIII -- on its front page with the headline, "Their royal heilnesses."

The short black-and-white clip, filmed at the royals' Balmoral estate in Scotland, shows Edward -- whom the paper describes as "Nazi-sympathising" -- apparently encouraging his young nieces and sister-in-law to perform the salute, before himself joining them.

Queen Elizabeth was only 6 years old at the time, probably had not idea what it all meant.

It's pretty damned tasteless of the Sun to do this.

From the "Sun" link (2nd link):

Egging on her sister Princess Margaret, three, is their uncle Prince Edward, Prince of Wales. He was a sympathiser towards Hitler’s Nazi Germany and became King Edward VIII.

The stunning film footage of the Queen performing a Nazi salute is today revealed by The Sun.

The astonishing clip lay hidden for eight decades. The grainy home movie is thought to have been shot in 1933 or 1934, as Hitler rose to supreme power in Germany.

The 20-second cine film reveals Edward, who once gave a Nazi salute to Hitler and claimed he was “not a bad chap”, larking around with his sister-in-law the Queen Mother and her young children in the grounds of Balmoral.

The Queen, in tartan kilt or skirt, is aged around seven while Margaret is three. The clip opens with a playful Elizabeth grabbing one of the royal corgis and pushing the dog across the lawn.

:wtf:

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
Ridiculous.
First she's a kid for crying out loud, and second it was 1933 and the world had yet to see that Hitler would become the monster he was.

• Banned
Ridiculous.
First she's a kid for crying out loud, and second it was 1933 and the world had yet to see that Hitler would become the monster he was.

That's exactly what I'm saying.

OMG, the skies are parting and brilliant light is shining through.

On this day in the year 2015, you and I were in agreement about something.

Too bad the "Sun" doesn't have a record of old Joe Kennedy's Hitler salute before he was relieved as ambassador to England prior to WW2 because of his promotion of the Hitler regime.

Think this is the 2nd or 3rd thread so far....... :eusa_whistle:

The wingnuts are already trying to tie it to Obama....... :lmao:

Ridiculous.

Don't let it go to your head, but yes I agree 100%.

Ridiculous.

I always knew you could be reasonable every once in a while. I hope it is the omen from Heavens that you are coming over from the Dark Side.:laugh:

obviously it was an early plan to help Neville give in to the Nazis and thus have the UK under Nazi control

The war against Germany was obviously a way to thin the population of loyal UK citizens.

and, obviously the royals are jew haters.

Ridiculous.

I always knew you could be reasonable every once in a while. I hope it is the omen from Heavens that you are coming over from the Dark Side.:laugh:

"I am your father, Luke"

220px-Students_pledging_allegiance_to_the_American_flag_with_the_Bellamy_salute.jpg

We did it until about 42 , then we put our hand over our heart.

Ridiculous.

Trifecta. The issue is nonsense.

You'd be surprised the people in the US who were on Germany's side.

Forum List

Back