The Study of EVOLUTION and an Ages old Universe is a waste of time!

LittleNipper

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2013
I love practical science. Evolution is not practical! And Believing that the Universe is Billions and Billions and Billions and Billions of years old NEVER helped anyone build a better mousetrap or bring about better methods of cataract surgery.

The study of Evolution and an old universe at best is like studying nostalgia. At worse it is like the study of a fabricated story that no one needs to comprehend in order to live or make dinner.

The Bible on the other hand---- at the very least explains why we need salvation and who provides it. If one doesn't wish to believe that message, one doesn't need to. However, one may just end up in hell.

Whether the universe in a trillion billion years old or 10 thousand that conclusion offers no hope, no joy, no comfort, and no eternal rewards.

To study evolution isn't going to make one a better doctor. Practice in the operating room will help. However, being a religious person will at the very least encourage a better bedside manor and a sympatric ear towards one's patients.

So, while the study of body functions, engineering, architecture, history, and literature is informative and practical. Arguing over the age of the universe and if we are linked to animals through mutual ancestry is purely a nostalgic argument in futility.

Last edited:
I love practical science. Evolution is not practical! And Believing that the Universe is Billions and Billions and Billions and Billions of years old NEVER helped anyone build a better mousetrap or bring about better methods of cataract surgery.

It did however bring about nuclear and quantum theory - including the atomic bomb that helped us win WWII. The universe IS billions of years old. Understanding what impact that has on us has a major impact on the continence of technological advance.

Oh and derideo, you little Stalinist you, do fuck off.

• Thanks
Reactions: GT
This OP has nothing at all to do with science and technology and belongs under Religion & Ethics IMO.

Coyote AngelsNDemons please move it to the appropriate forum.

TYIA
That is your opinion. I say that evolution of man from primates is the moronic guess of people who nothing better to do with their lives. I also see that Creationism is scientific and far more honest.

The study of Evolution and an old universe at best is like studying nostalgia. At worse it is like the study of a fabricated story that no one needs to comprehend in order to live or make dinner.

The Bible on the other hand---- at the very least explains why we need salvation and who provides it. If one doesn't wish to believe that message, one doesn't need to. However, one may just end up in hell.

Whether the universe in a trillion billion years old or 10 thousand that conclusion offers no hope, no joy, no comfort, and no eternal rewards.

To study evolution isn't going to make one a better doctor. Practice in the operating room will help. However, being a religious person will at the very least encourage a better bedside manor and a sympatric ear towards one's patients.

So, while the study of body functions, engineering, architecture, history, and literature is informative and practical. Arguing over the age of the universe and if we are linked to animals through mutual ancestry is purely a nostalgic argument in futility.
offers no hope, no joy, no comfort, and no eternal rewards.

Ah reality :itsok:

This OP has nothing at all to do with science and technology and belongs under Religion & Ethics IMO.

TYIA
That is your opinion. I say that evolution of man from primates is the moronic guess of people who nothing better to do with their lives. I also see that Creationism is scientific and far more honest.

Your bible requires belief that your God exists.

Science is based upon evidence that exists and can be studied.

Your OP is nothing but a flame against science.

It did however bring about nuclear and quantum theory - including the atomic bomb that helped us win WWII. The universe IS billions of years old. Understanding what impact that has on us has a major impact on the continence of technological advance.

Oh and derideo, you little Stalinist you, do fuck off.
No it did not. Mathematics did. and I note your limited abilities to defend you beliefs without the use of explicative.

By reality are you referring to an evolutionary reason homosexuality is practiced?

TYIA

Prove God does not exist!

By reality are you referring to an evolutionary reason homosexuality is practiced?
Poor frightened little person ,reality is scary to you, now run along and ask your god man to save you and take you to disneyland in the sky when you die

TYIA

Poor poor thumper , you cannot prove a negative :itsok:

TYIA

Zero evidence for your God means that the onus is on you to prove that he does exist.

Good luck with that and my thanks to the mods for moving your thread into the religion forum where it belongs.

TYIA

Oh poor poor thumper :itsok: man did not evolve from apes/ monkeys , learn some science. We have a common ancestor with them. It's (Gasp) proven by DNA

Pretending the bible creation is the only truth is not helping when we know of dinosaurs and early form of mankind existed and that the life in this planet has going through exterminations and climate changes many times.
Understanding evolution of the universe helps us understand the sun, how long it will last; the moon and how it effect the tides; how asteroids and comets have effected our history and anticipate our future. We are learning how to mine asteroids, trying to learn if we can destroy one headed for earth and what we can expect from the next hit or air burst.

No the study of evolution and the big bang is of no use at all.
Are you nuts?

TYIA

Oh poor poor thumper :itsok: man did not evolve from apes/ monkeys , learn some science. We have a common ancestor with them. It's (Gasp) proven by DNA

Yup, DNA, fossils and biology all support the science of evolution.

Poor frightened little person ,reality is scary to you, now run along and ask your god man to save you and take you to disneyland in the sky when you die
You have not ever proven that homosexuality is marriage? And yet simply because you deem it so, the government capitulated to your tirade! They like votes, I suppose! There is far more proof that the universe was created by God than there is for your selfish belief that sexuality is the only reason for marriage. How is the water situation in San Francisco? Do you really imagine that God is not giving California a spanking? It will likely get worse, if they are all as dense as you.

You have not ever proven that homosexuality is marriage and yet simply because you deem it so, the government capitulated to your tirade! There is far more proof that the universe was created by God than there is for your selfish belief that sexuality is the only reason for marriage. How is the water situation in San Francisco? Do you really imagine that God is not giving California a spanking. It will likely get worse, if they are all as dense as you.
Such a confused little thumper , jumping from one thing to another , derailing their own posts!! poor poor thumper:itsok:

You have not ever proven that homosexuality is marriage and yet simply because you deem it so, the government capitulated to your tirade!

:rofl:

You are confused. That was a legal matter of equal rights.

There is far more proof that the universe was created by God

Except that you can't produce a single spec of that "evidence".

How is the water situation in San Francisco? Do you really imagine that God is not giving California a spanking. It will likely get worse, if they are all as dense as you.

:lmao:

You are entitled to your beliefs but they have nothing whatsoever to do with the fact that droughts are part of nature.

Nonsense.

Study both.

Knowledge contains its own rewards.

Forum List

Back