The State Department is in crisis mode over numerous resignations since January

Who needs diplomats, after all?

Diplomats are fine, so long as they reflect current US policy.

Did you read the article in the OP?

It appears that no one wants to be a diplomat under Trump.

I suspect the feeling is mutual. Hence the departures.

What do you mean "the feeling is mutual"?

Are you saying that Trump doesn't want diplomats?

He doesn't want those diplomats.

:lol:

I think you missed some pertinent facts in the article.

Trump didn't fire any diplomats, they quit.

And, perhaps more interestingly, no one seems to be applying for those positions.

Diplomats are fine, so long as they reflect current US policy.

And, perhaps more interestingly, no one seems to be applying for those positions.

Irrelevant. Tillerson means to sweep the department free of bloat, so the resignations save him the trouble. Chances are they merely saw the writing on the wall and got out before being fired.

In most cases, he doesn't plan to replace them.

You do know what a hiring freeze is, yes?

Isn't it good news that Hillary and Hussein appointments in the State Dept are resigning within the first year of the Trump administration before they are fired? Drain the freaking swamp.

Yep, long-time senior officials at the State Department are dropping like flies because of Trump’s terrible governing.

State Department senior ranks being depleted at 'dizzying speed'

The U.S.’s ranks of diplomats are losing key leaders at a “dizzying speed” as the State Department struggles to recruit talent amid a hiring freeze and sinking morale in the Trump administration, according to a new essay from a top ambassador.

Sixty percent of the agency’s career ambassadors, the highest rank for diplomats, have retired or quit since January. Nearly half of career ministers — the next level down and equivalent to the military’s three-star generals — are gone too, down to 19 from 33. The next-level minister counselors have seen their numbers drop by 62 diplomats, to 369, since Labor Day “and are still falling,” writes Ambassador Barbara Stephenson, the president of the American Foreign Service Association union.

Without these leaders, the U.S. could face a diminished role on the world stage, unable to keep up with the increasingly aggressive foreign policies of rising countries like China, she argues.
/—-/ Great News. Thanks for posting

Irrelevant. Tillerson means to sweep the department free of bloat, so the resignations save him the trouble. Chances are they merely saw the writing on the wall and got out before being fired.

Of course. As I already said, It's not like we need diplomats, right?

Isn't it good news that Hillary and Hussein appointments in the State Dept are resigning within the first year of the Trump administration before they are fired? Drain the freaking swamp.

I realize this is flying over your head, but those people retiring are career diplomats. To rise to the top level there, it usually takes a few decades of foreign service work. It's safe to say that most, if not all, of these people have been at the State department since Bush Sr. or Clinton, if not longer than that.

It's not like we need sixty people to screw in a single light bulb.

Because international affairs is just like 60 people screwing in one lightbulb. Of course.

Makes perfect sense.

Let me guess - you have absolutely no idea what the job responsibility of a diplomat is.

Because international affairs is just like 60 people screwing in one lightbulb. Of course.

Makes perfect sense.

Let me guess - you have absolutely no idea what the job responsibility of a diplomat is.

Let me guess. You have no clue as to who I may be, what I may know, what I may have done, where I may have been, or what my place may or may not be in the way of things.

Stop flattering yourself with your guesswork.

Forum List

Back