The Sad Misguided Life of George Carlin. He was NOT a genius, and NOT a hero.

Just like Rush Limbaugh come to think about it.

Let me guess....that was totally different....since you undoubtedly agreed with limbaugh.
The difference is Rush Limbaugh, like Trump always had an overriding positive optimistic vision for America and Americans. Always a can-do message. Carlin just ripped people. His was underlying hate. Rush and Trump come from overriding love. Big difference.

If you're honest, which you aren't, there is no way you can say Trump's term wasn't highly successful in numerous ways.

I think Carlin helped along the moral decline of America beginning about that time.

"Pretty soon, there are so many rebels, that the rebels become the boring squares."
That quote sums up Carlin.
The irony!

If you're honest, you have to admit Trump's first term was highly successful and beneficial to American in numerous ways. But I wouldn't expect a Trump-hater to be honest.
I would have loved to like Trump. I believe the economy was doing well before the pandemic. But he was/is an embarrassment. It was like living in a bad reality show with some idiot MCing it. I find it even more shameful we might reelect the moron. But that is just me. I am sure you will think I am lying because I dont fit into your talking points.

Not so much hatred, really. Lots of great comedian have anger and have done drugs or do them. It does not bother me. He was not known for getting in trouble or hurting anybody, so the drugs are a mute point. He was an original, with a quick well organized mind, who used his talent, intellect and comedic viewpoint on the world around him, to rise to the top of his profession.
Again, you cannot change what the world thinks of George Carlin. Like I said, he hurt nobody, I am aware of. It is kind shallow and tasteless to attack the dead in general, as I was raised that way. This is especially true of someone who brought laughter, without harm.
Carlin admitted being very angry. Of course his snark and tearing down of good people was based on hate. And to say he didn't hurt anyone? I would say, like Hefner, Carlin helped send a significant number of troubled people to hell.

Last edited:
Notice how great humor tends to bring everyone closer together. Well, you know, except for some people :p
Let me know when there's humor. All the guy did was rip good people.
It's the same as Borat's so-called comedy. All he did was try to make nice people look bad.

George Carlin was one of the greatest comedians of our time. Literate, intelligent, and a master of the English language.

I get why MashMontie dislikes him. Partly he dislikes him because Carlin didn't buy the bullshit.

But mostly because Carlin made people laugh. Spiteful puritans like MashMontie are ever vigilant against people having fun.

The OP sounds like a sad, self-righteous, angry old man.

Other people are not "evil" or bad or misguided just because they disagree with you.

And each of us has only one life to live. The decisions we make are ours, alone, to make. NO ONE should be allowed to force THEIR beliefs on us.

If someone has strong religious beliefs, that's fine. HIS choice. That doesn't mean that there is any truth or reality in those beliefs.

Carlin had every right to live his life as he chose to live it. It was his, and his alone.

Maybe the OP is the truly evil person. For assuming he has the right to dictate how others live and think. Perhaps he thinks HE, is Gawd.
What you say about Carlin would be fine if Carlin was just an angry guy like you venting online. Nobody cares what you say, because nobody reads it. But Carlin was famous and influential. His venom influenced a lot of people. He deserves to be called out when he damages them.

"From whom much is given, much is expected".

I raise you:
Her new book, The George Carlin Letters: The Permanent Courtship of Sally Wade (Gallery Books, $26), affirms what Carlin's posthumous memoir finished by Tony Hendra revealed - that he really was a sweet, sentimental, nostalgic softie.

The tender portrait by Carlin's longtime girlfriend further shatters the popular image of him as an ornery curmudgeon with a grudge against the world.
Carlin was obviously a very loving person who struggled with drug abuse. Like just about all rock and Hollywood stars. Horrors!

"Long-time girlfriend". Didn't even bother to marry her?
Wait.. having second thoughts about "that says it all" already? You mean you didn't even bother reading his Wiki page before posting your little spaz fest here against the dead?
Hosbrook died of liver cancer on May 11, 1997, the day before Carlin's 60th birthday.[66] Six months later, he met comedy writer Sally Wade, and later described it as "love at first sight" but admitted that he was hesitant to act on his feelings so soon after his wife's death.[67] He eventually married Wade in a private and unregistered ceremony on June 24, 1998. The marriage lasted until Carlin's death in 2008, two days before their 10-year anniversary.

My Newsweek's link showing Trump losing over a billion dollars is also from Forbes.

I linked a Forbes' source through Newsweek that said he lost over a billion dollars in his presidency. You linked a story that said he had a certain revenue in one year that said nothing about his losses. This OP is not about Trump, who is a great man and a great president. Nor is it about me. It's about the sad tragic life of George Carlin.
You seem to want to criticize one of the men for being mean spirited but overlook it in another. that is hypocrisy 101.

If you're honest, which you aren't, there is no way you can say Trump's term wasn't highly successful in numerous ways.
He failed on 80% of the major campaign promises. No wall; no infrastructure bill, no replacement for Obamacare, no withdraw from Afghanistan....the deficit ballooned and the bizarre promises that you'd pay no taxes under a certain income amount never got off the ground.

President Trump gave of his own personal fortune to serve the people of the US. His net worth dropped from $5 billion to $3 billion during his term, according to Forbes.
Forbes are liars.

Wait.. having second thoughts about "that says it all" already? You mean you didn't even bother reading his Wiki page before posting your little spaz fest here against the dead?
No, I reconsidered because having a live-in didn't really say it all in Carlin's case. There was so much more dysfunction.
As for the long-time girlfriend, yes I read the wiki page 'personal' section and saw nothing about the "long-term girlfriend". Your reference was the first I saw it, but it certainly fits the picture of dysfunction.

No, I reconsidered because having a live-in didn't really say it all in Carlin's case. There was so much more dysfunction.
As for the long-time girlfriend, yes I read the wiki page 'personal' section and saw nothing about the "long-term girlfriend". Your reference was the first I saw it, but it certainly fits the picture of dysfunction.
What?

Forum List

Back