The Sad Misguided Life of George Carlin. He was NOT a genius, and NOT a hero.

As far as his comedy goes, I didn't care much for Carlin. Its sort of like Phillip Seymour Hoffman's acting.....I'm told he was great...but I just don't "get it".

The times I did hear Carlin opine on governments and institutions though...I don't think he was all that funny...but I think he was correct. They want apathetic workers/voters/citizens who just accept whatever the state/corporate/zeitgeist line is. I don't think this would/should come as a big shock to anyone though.
He was pointing out what you never heard from establishment sources. Instead of "governments and institutions" though, think the "Big Club" (of billionaires that you and I ain't in). "They want workers just smart enough.." Carlin was a master wordsmith. You can't paraphrase him. It's the poetry, motion, and sound combined. We caught one of his last shows in Philly and boy am I glad we did.

I don't know if you're stupid or just uniformed. I'm guessing both.

Here is the part where you now disavow the source you just cited.
Perhaps my numbers were off, but President Trump lost big money during his term.
I said 1/3. Forbes says 1/3.

I don't know what Trump charging for hotels has any bearing on this. The cost to house all presidents is high when you consider security, etc. And a couple of million is nothing compared to the billion plus he lost.

Stop lying, Trump is a grifter and con artist who worked tirelessly to enrich himself while President.

That you would make such a preposterous claim only illustrates how cults actually work.
So how come he lost money during his presidency?

After hanging out on YouTube since you post this thread at 9:56, I'm postive he was a true comedic genius, totally deserving of being know as the 2n greatest comedian in the history of the planet and you should not waste your time speaking ill of the dead.
Here, have some:

Hopefully I set the framework for you when you watched the videos of this very troubled man. His words were borne out of extreme anger, hatred, and drugs.

The OP sounds like a sad, self-righteous, angry old man.

Other people are not "evil" or bad or misguided just because they disagree with you.

And each of us has only one life to live. The decisions we make are ours, alone, to make. NO ONE should be allowed to force THEIR beliefs on us.

If someone has strong religious beliefs, that's fine. HIS choice. That doesn't mean that there is any truth or reality in those beliefs.

Carlin had every right to live his life as he chose to live it. It was his, and his alone.

Maybe the OP is the truly evil person. For assuming he has the right to dictate how others live and think. Perhaps he thinks HE, is Gawd.
Tell me how I dictated to Carlin or dictate to you. I write a post giving my view. You just did the same.

Notice how great humor tends to bring everyone closer together. Well, you know, except for some people :p

Perhaps my numbers were off, but President Trump lost big money during his term.
I said 1/3. Forbes says 1/3.
Here is the actual amount from Forbes:

He didn't lose shit.
I don't know what Trump charging for hotels has any bearing on this.
Again...are you just uninformed, gullible, or stupid? He stayed at his hotels when traveling for a full quarter of his administration and billed the federal government for all that stayed with him at this hotels.
The cost to house all presidents is high when you consider security, etc. And a couple of million is nothing compared to the billion plus he lost.
He didn't lose anything.

And former Presidents didn't enrich themselves off of their own security detail....

Your blob was as dishonest as the day is long.

It was detailed in the Woodward book, "Rage" and also reported by the AP...how Trump was upset when, after he fired Comey remotely (Comey found out on the news that he was fired), Comey flew home (he and his security team were in Los Angeles) on the FBI plane. Do you think that is the response of a Christian? Firstly firing someone remotely then getting upset that they were flown home?

Hopefully I set the framework for you when you watched the videos of this very troubled man. His words were borne out of extreme anger, hatred, and drugs.
Not so much hatred, really. Lots of great comedian have anger and have done drugs or do them. It does not bother me. He was not known for getting in trouble or hurting anybody, so the drugs are a mute point. He was an original, with a quick well organized mind, who used his talent, intellect and comedic viewpoint on the world around him, to rise to the top of his profession.
Again, you cannot change what the world thinks of George Carlin. Like I said, he hurt nobody, I am aware of. It is kind shallow and tasteless to attack the dead in general, as I was raised that way. This is especially true of someone who brought laughter, without harm.

He didn't lose shit.

Again...are you just uninformed, gullible, or stupid? He stayed at his hotels when traveling for a full quarter of his administration and billed the federal government for all that stayed with him at this hotels.

He didn't lose anything.

And former Presidents didn't enrich themselves off of their own security detail....

It was detailed in the Woodward book, "Rage" and also reported by the AP...how Trump was upset when, after he fired Comey remotely (Comey found out on the news that he was fired), Comey flew home (he and his security team were in Los Angeles) on the FBI plane. Do you think that is the response of a Christian? Firstly firing someone remotely then getting upset that they were flown home?
My Newsweek's link showing Trump losing over a billion dollars is also from Forbes.

He didn't lose shit.

He didn't lose anything.

I linked a Forbes' source through Newsweek that said he lost over a billion dollars in his presidency. You linked a story that said he had a certain revenue in one year that said nothing about his losses. This OP is not about Trump, who is a great man and a great president. Nor is it about me. It's about the sad tragic life of George Carlin.

In the OP's first post on this message board, he praised someone who was needlessly mean, screwed over everyone he's worked with, and, oh yeah, exemplified values that were, to put it mildly, anti-christian. So the hypocrisy is palpable.
If you're honest, which you aren't, there is no way you can say Trump's term wasn't highly successful in numerous ways.
The seven words you cannot say on TV was funny. I dont care what you say.
I think Carlin helped along the moral decline of America beginning about that time.

"Pretty soon, there are so many rebels, that the rebels become the boring squares."
That quote sums up Carlin.

In the OP's first post on this message board, he praised someone who was needlessly mean, screwed over everyone he's worked with, and, oh yeah, exemplified values that were, to put it mildly, anti-christian. So the hypocrisy is palpable.
If you're honest, you have to admit Trump's first term was highly successful and beneficial to American in numerous ways. But I wouldn't expect a Trump-hater to be honest.

Forum List

Back