The Ryder Cup

DGS49

Diamond Member
Apr 12, 2012
Pittsburgh
In the golf world, this year's Ryder Cup is getting a lot of attention, some of it negative - not only because the American team got beaten.

The timing of the event thumbed its nose at American viewers, taking place mainly in the middle of the night. The commentary was said to be awful, and the European spectators were not particularly gracious.

Many Americans are fretting over the fact that most of the "European" players in the competition actually live in the States. Starting with a terrible first day of competition when the Europeans built up a near-insurmountable lead, the Americans simply didn't look good. One of them reputedly didn't wear a "team" baseball cap because he resented the fact that they didn't get any prize or appearance money for the event.

Ricky Fowler sliced a ball into a lake on what was probably the most important single shot of the event, then he conceded a 3-foot putt to seal the Euro victory...truly a "WTF?" moment.

The next round of Ryder Cup competition will take place on Long Island. It won't be pretty.

Like everything else, the Ryder Cup has become a nasty, contentious event. Some nobody reporter made up a story about the hat to create a distraction (imagine that!) and the well lubricated Euro fans jumped all over it. I used to watch it back in the day but the celebrations and all the brouhaha is too much imo.

Like everything else, the Ryder Cup has become a nasty, contentious event. Some nobody reporter made up a story about the hat to create a distraction (imagine that!) and the well lubricated Euro fans jumped all over it. I used to watch it back in the day but the celebrations and all the brouhaha is too much imo.

Who knows the truth, but a hat wasn't worn! You almost never see that; esp. w/ thin or balding guys! Going back to old days of Visors, some kind of headwear was almost required for endorsements; esp. w/ a team event like Ryder Cup! I could be wrong! I'm over golf due to blood $$ and savored the Americans going down in flame again! I probably won't be watching anything else! :p :cool:

Forum List

Back