The Republican Party is embracing lunacy and madness

What is the old saying about not truly being able to help someone until they learn to help themselves?

If this keeps up, and at this point, there is little, if any, indication that wiser, cooler, and smarter heads will prevail, the Republican Party will not last as a viable political party that people will trust to govern.

If someone would have released a statement a few years ago like the Oregon GOP just did, I would have believed it was a fabrication. But, as they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

The best that can be said about this (and it's not good, to be sure) is that it's some kind of shared delusion.

All I can say at this point is that these guys better snap out of it soon, or they're going to find themselves irrelevant.

It seems that in order to stop Democrats from raising taxes and implementing more social programs, the traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

All of those groups are historically TOTAL LOSERS. You only need to remember the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol to see what a bunch of total f*cking idiots these people are.

If the Traditional Republicans were smart they'd dump these losers and try to regain the Anti-Trump Republicans and middle of the road independents. They should accept that there will be some Democratic changes that are inevitable, but if they were more moderate they could limit those changes.

Their continued alignment with these nutcases will be a disaster for them.

Hey - If they had the brains to have removed Trump from office a year ago, Mike Pence would be President today.

Somehow, I doubt they can scrape together enough brains to figure this out.

traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

That's awful!!!

Commies must rise up to oppose them!!!

You have nothing to lose but your chains!!!

Commies?

You mean like Ronald Reagan and Franklin D. Roosevelt?

F*ck you, you fascist piece of SH*T!!!!!!!!

Commies aren't going to save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics?

Then what are they good for?

I have every confidence that Americans will save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

The Confederates all are dead of old age.

YOu libs are so brave, fighting fights that other good men won, before you were born.

THe nazis? Ditto.

ws? Best GUESS, I've heard on them, is 8 thousand in the country. And that is probably bullshit. American needs saving from them, the same way we need saving from the Flat Earthers.

You are full of shit.

You can stomp your little tootsies all you want, but your attempt at gaslighting America FAILS!

We all saw the Confederate flags, Auschwitz, Neo_Nazi & white supremacist T-shirts on Jan. 6. We KNOW WHAT YOU ARE!!!

Confederate flags haven't stood for secession for like, over a hundred and fifty years.

Are you new to this planet? Or just a shit spewing liar?
Confederate Flags will stand for secession forever, or at least as long as human beings continue to exist and the history of the time is remembered.

Nope. The meanings of symbols can change over time, and for you to deny that, is just you being a lying asshole fucktard.

I didn't deny that. There certainly are basic symbols (like a circle, a square, or a triangle) that can be repurposed. Even an image of the sun could mean different things to different people over time. But that would never be the case for a very specific looking flag of an attempted overthrow of a national gov't in an attempt to create a separate political identify.

But who knows what might happen after 50,000 years. But I wouldn't bet on it based on a limited recorded human history of between 6,000 and 8,000 years.
What’s it to you?
Because most people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag claim it means something other than what it clearly and obviously does mean.

However, I'm offended for a completely different reason. Those people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag are very often making a statement intentionally, and then, by denying they're making that statement, they're insulting my intelligence while they're also not owning up to their own beliefs. They're trying to have it both ways. That's cowardice as far as I'm concerned.

If the majority of people who use a symbol, say it means something other than you think it means,

seems like you are the one being an asshole and a coward.
So, if someone says the Nazi flag means love and acceptance for any all races and creeds, I'm an asshole if I say that's BS. Good luck on selling that nonsense.

What is the old saying about not truly being able to help someone until they learn to help themselves?

If this keeps up, and at this point, there is little, if any, indication that wiser, cooler, and smarter heads will prevail, the Republican Party will not last as a viable political party that people will trust to govern.

If someone would have released a statement a few years ago like the Oregon GOP just did, I would have believed it was a fabrication. But, as they say, truth is stranger than fiction.

The best that can be said about this (and it's not good, to be sure) is that it's some kind of shared delusion.

All I can say at this point is that these guys better snap out of it soon, or they're going to find themselves irrelevant.

It seems that in order to stop Democrats from raising taxes and implementing more social programs, the traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

All of those groups are historically TOTAL LOSERS. You only need to remember the Jan. 6 attack on the Capitol to see what a bunch of total f*cking idiots these people are.

If the Traditional Republicans were smart they'd dump these losers and try to regain the Anti-Trump Republicans and middle of the road independents. They should accept that there will be some Democratic changes that are inevitable, but if they were more moderate they could limit those changes.

Hey - If they had the brains to have removed Trump from office a year ago, Mike Pence would be President today.

traditional Republicans are aligning themselves with Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

Commies aren't going to save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics?

I have every confidence that Americans will save us from Confederates, Nazis, White Supremacists & lunatics.

YOu libs are so brave, fighting fights that other good men won, before you were born.

THe nazis? Ditto.

ws? Best GUESS, I've heard on them, is 8 thousand in the country. And that is probably bullshit. American needs saving from them, the same way we need saving from the Flat Earthers.

You are full of shit.

You can stomp your little tootsies all you want, but your attempt at gaslighting America FAILS!

We all saw the Confederate flags, Auschwitz, Neo_Nazi & white supremacist T-shirts on Jan. 6. We KNOW WHAT YOU ARE!!!

Confederate flags haven't stood for secession for like, over a hundred and fifty years.

Confederate Flags will stand for secession forever, or at least as long as human beings continue to exist and the history of the time is remembered.

Nope. The meanings of symbols can change over time, and for you to deny that, is just you being a lying asshole fucktard.

I didn't deny that. There certainly are basic symbols (like a circle, a square, or a triangle) that can be repurposed. Even an image of the sun could mean different things to different people over time. But that would never be the case for a very specific looking flag of an attempted overthrow of a national gov't in an attempt to create a separate political identify.

But who knows what might happen after 50,000 years. But I wouldn't bet on it based on a limited recorded human history of between 6,000 and 8,000 years.
What’s it to you?
Because most people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag claim it means something other than what it clearly and obviously does mean.

However, I'm offended for a completely different reason. Those people who routinely fly the Confederate Flag are very often making a statement intentionally, and then, by denying they're making that statement, they're insulting my intelligence while they're also not owning up to their own beliefs. They're trying to have it both ways. That's cowardice as far as I'm concerned.

If the majority of people who use a symbol, say it means something other than you think it means,

So, if someone says the Nazi flag means love and acceptance for any all races and creeds, I'm an asshole if I say that's BS. Good luck on selling that nonsense.
Speaking of flags...

1.jpg

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

love and acceptance for any all races and creeds, I'm an asshole
if I say that's BS. Good luck on selling that nonsense.

Pretty much.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

After the Civil War, the decision was made to re assimilate the South back into the Union. Part of this was accepting southern veterans and history as part of the larger American Identity.

The Battle Flag of Northern Virginia, became accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride, as part of the larger American Patriotism.

That you disagree with the historical decision to do that, is valid. I would be happy to discuss that.

That you pretend it did not happen and smear good people today, based on that Lie, is you being an asshole.

A divisive asshole.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

Speaking of flags...

1.jpg

Libs just say shit. NOthing they say, means anything.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

After the Civil War, the decision was made to re assimilate the South back into the Union. Part of this was accepting southern veterans and history as part of the larger American Identity.

The Battle Flag of Northern Virginia, became accepted as a harmless symbol of regional pride, as part of the larger American Patriotism.

That you disagree with the historical decision to do that, is valid. I would be happy to discuss that.

That you pretend it did not happen and smear good people today, based on that Lie, is you being an asshole.

A divisive asshole.

This touches on a more general point that Democrats just can't seem to get through their heads. Whatever they may think of Trump voters - they're here and they're not going anywhere. We have to find some way to live together (or, not). If we are going to make it work, the left will have to acknowledge that they can't simply force their values on everyone else.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

This touches on a more general point that Democrats just can't seem to get through their heads. Whatever they may think of Trump voters - they're here and they're not going anywhere. We have to find some way to live together (or, not). If we are going to make it work, the left will have to acknowledge that they can't simply force their values on everyone else.

I've been explicitly pointing that out to them for years. They refuse to face it.

They tell themselves that Trump voters are "dying off".

Which, at best, is sheer delusion, and setting US up for a real shit show future.

Or, at worse, reveals just how far some of them are planning to go, to have their way.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

If they do not mean for the Confederate flag to represent what almost everyone believes it to represent, then they should find some other symbol.

Next you'll be telling us the Nazi swastikas are a symbol of interracial unity and love!

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

I've been explicitly pointing that out to them for years. They refuse to face it.

They tell themselves that Trump voters are "dying off".

Which, at best, is sheer delusion, and setting US up for a real shit show future.

Or, at worse, reveals just how far some of them are planning to go, to have their way.

The filibuster will be the real test - party or country?

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

In America, we can demand American values in our government and our laws.

There won't be anymore 'Trump voters' once that seditious asshole has been barred from holding office and put in prison where he belongs.

Who's your next demagogue going to be?

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

There won't be anymore 'Trump voters' once that seditious asshole has been barred from holding office and put in prison where he belongs.

I suspect the next populist demagogue will be our last - and will be much worse than Trump. It might even be a Democrat. But if we don't fix the way we're doing things, I think it's inevitable. The attitude represented by the phrase "elections have consequences" is killing us. It guarantees one side will walk away angry and itching for retribution.

'The Republican Party is embracing lunacy and madness'

This is like saying the terrified, screaming passengers sitting in the back seat of the cab are 'Embracing Suicide' as the depressed, suicidal cab driver steers his cab off the bridge and his cab plunges into the bay.

Americans are in the back of 'Crazy, Dementia-suffering, CCP' Joe's cab, and in less than 10 days he has steered the cab (the US) off the bridge.....

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

I suspect the next populist demagogue will be our last - and will be much worse than Trump. It might even be a Democrat. But if we don't fix the way we're doing things, I think it's inevitable. The attitude represented by the phrase "elections have consequences" is killing us. It guarantees one side will walk away angry and itching for retribution.

Trump actually had a lot in common with Julius Ceaser.

Both had no regard for the traditional principles of their government.

Both were wildly audacious.

Trump did not even come close to Julius Ceaser's genius nor was he any sort of military commander.

What stopped Julius Ceaser was a completely audacious act by a dozen or so Senators - they slaughtered him right in the middle of the Senate floor. He never expected it - he thought that only he could be audacious and everyone else were too scared of him.

However, after Julius Ceaser was assassinated Octavious - a perhaps wiser and more cautious politician - rose up on Julius Ceaser's coat tails and established himself as the first real Roman Emporer - Emporer Augustus.

I think Trump is done for politically - I'm more worried about some Octavious rising up on Trump's coat tails.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

Trump did not even come close to Julius Ceaser's genius nor was he any sort of military commander.

What stopped Julius Ceaser was a completely audacious act by a dozen or so Senators - they slaughtered him right in the middle of the Senate floor. He never expected it - he thought that only he could be audacious and everyone else were too scared of him.

However, after Julius Ceaser was assassinated Octavious - a perhaps wiser and more cautious politician - rose up on Julius Ceaser's coat tails and established himself as the first real Roman Emporer - Emporer Augustus.

I think Trump is done for politically - I'm more worried about some Octavious rising up on Trump's coat tails.

You missed my point entirely. Trump is a symptom, not the cause. Partisan "democracy" is killing us.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

You don’t get Trump, we know, but again you can’t name anything he did that didn’t help Americans. I’ll wait

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

You missed my point entirely. Trump is a symptom, not the cause. Partisan "democracy" is killing us.
That’s it exactly, people don’t want partisan shit, they want the people they vote for to respect the citizens that put them in office. Trump was all that and the partisan hacks couldn’t let that happen

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

That’s it exactly, people don’t want partisan shit, they want the people they vote for to respect the citizens that put them in office. Trump was all that and the partisan hacks couldn’t let that happen

Trump was a shitstain.

That's awful!!!

Commies?

THe nazis? Ditto.

You are full of shit.

What’s it to you?

A divisive asshole.

Trump was a shitstain.
Name a policy that wasn’t good for Americans?

Forum List

Back