The reason Democrats are targeting "assault" rifles

No one is arguing that point except for you. Are you aware that the AR-15 is the father of the M-16? The Original AR was produced so that a scared 18 year old in a firefight could throw more firepower than his enemy. Nothing has changed. It's still the fastest, most powerful and deadly firearm that is portable that is made today. What's worse, there is a Cult AR going on and it's the preferred weapon for mass shootings. We need to break that cult.
No military in the world uses an AR-15. Hardly a weapon of war.

I have ARs and I have a M-16. There is a difference.

Most, by far, of the thousands of gun crime in the US are committed with cheap or stolen hand guns by inner city street thugs, gang bangers and druggies in Democrat controlled big cities.

About 400 gun crimes a year are with long guns and ARs are a subset of that.. In reality not very many gun crimes are committed by the 20 million or so of ARs in the hands of American citizens.

No military in the world uses an AR-15. Hardly a weapon of war.

I have ARs and I have a M-16. There is a difference.

Most, by far, of the thousands of gun crime in the US are committed with cheap or stolen hand guns by inner city street thugs, gang bangers and druggies in Democrat controlled big cities.

About 400 gun crimes a year are with long guns and ARs are a subset of that.. In reality not very many gun crimes are committed by the 20 million or so of ARs in the hands of American citizens.
Other than full auto capability, which is rarely used, what is the effective difference beween an AR15 and an M16?

You can put a whole more bullets down range with a M-16 than with an AR.
We,ve already agreed the rarely used full auto capability of an M16 is faster. What else makes the M16 capable of more bullets down range? The cycle times are identicle.

We,ve already agreed the rarely used full auto capability of an M16 is faster. What else makes the M16 capable of more bullets down range? The cycle times are identicle.
No there are not identical. You are confused.

Once you pull the trigger on the M-16 it cycles at 600 - 800 RPM, depending on how it is gassed. Once you pull the trigger on an AR it won't cycle again until the trigger is reset and the trigger is manually pulled again.

Funny. Both the AR-10 and the AR-15 were produced by Armalite up until 1961. The AR-10 was a nato 7.62 but lost the military bid to the M-14 in 1957 so they redid it and turned out the AR-15 model 601 which they sold to the Maylasian Army in 1959. Colt bought the rights in 1961. And they saw a goldmine. In 1962 they offered a nearly identacle rifle sharing almost all parts with a semi auto called the AR-15 Model 750. When the AR-15 was adopted by the US Army, it had to be rename and stamped by an M number hence the M-16. That's why the USAF AR-15 Model 601 had a stamp of (M-16) added just after the original model number. The AR-15 Model 601 was in service until 1991.

Again, you can't change history just by typing a different ending.
Like you just said the Army adopted the M-16 which had full auto capability. Do you know any AR-15 that had that capability? In any case your point is moot. The .223 AKA 5.56mm is by no means an especially deadly round. The bullet itself is small but high velocity and tends to deflect wildly or just come apart on striking even light vegetation and there was lots of vegetation in Vietnam. That round is also bad about wind drift. I carried the M-16A1 in Vietnam and was not especially impressed with it. I would have gratefully and immediately swapped for a good 12Ga. I knew guys who preferred to carry captured AK-47s even with the increased likelihood of friendly fire.

No there are not identical. You are confused.

Once you pull the trigger on the M-16 it cycles at 600 - 800 RPM, depending on how it is gassed. Once you pull the trigger on an AR it won't cycle again until the trigger is reset and the trigger is manually pulled again.
Yes. That is the full auto capability we already discussed several times. The full auto capability that is rarely used. Our military is even taught to not use the full auto capability except in a very few specific cases. I'll ask again. Hopefully you will understand the question this time. Other than the fully auto capability of the M16, what is the difference between it and the AR15? Again, their non-automatic cycle time is identicle.

Somebody told you the full-auto capability was rarely used? Seriously? With a straight face? Cute.

Yes. That is the full auto capability we already discussed several times. The full auto capability that is rarely used. Our military is even taught to not use the full auto capability except in a very few specific cases. I'll ask again. Hopefully you will understand the question this time. Other than the fully auto capability of the M16, what is the difference between it and the AR15? Again, their non-automatic cycle time is identicle.
I've told you the difference but you don't want to hear it. The M-16 puts out a lot more firepower.

It that confusing to you?

I sure as hell used the F-A on my M-16 in Vietnam.

Like you just said the Army adopted the M-16 which had full auto capability. Do you know any AR-15 that had that capability? In any case your point is moot. The .223 AKA 5.56mm is by no means an especially deadly round. The bullet itself is small but high velocity and tends to deflect wildly or just come apart on striking even light vegetation and there was lots of vegetation in Vietnam. That round is also bad about wind drift. I carried the M-16A1 in Vietnam and was not especially impressed with it. I would have gratefully and immediately swapped for a good 12Ga. I knew guys who preferred to carry captured AK-47s even with the increased likelihood of friendly fire.
How often did you use the full auto capability? Were you trained to not use it other than in very specific cases?

I've told you the difference but you don't want to hear it. The M-16 puts out a lot more firepower.

It that confusing to you?

I sure as hell used the F-A on my M-16 in Vietnam.
Ok lady. It's your deer. Just let me get my saddle off of it.

Yes I used it frequently but mostly only in 2-4 rd. bursts not because of any training but because it is embarrassing to run out of ammo in the middle of a firefight.

Sure do. I qualified in Basic Training on one, the AR-15 Model 601, later to be known as the M-16A1. Just like you qualified on one, the Colt Model AR-15 602, also known as the M-16A2. Both were full auto.

Are you trying to tell me that the M-16A4 isn't an assault rifle since it can't be used in full auto (3 shot burst only)? The normal Grunt should NEVER have a full auto anything. The 11th commandment comes into play. Thou shalt not fire on full auto lest you run out of ammo lest you die. There isn't enough difference between the performance of the M-16A4 and the AR-15 to even worry about. If you ever fired an A4, you know that the first round hits dead center while the 2nd round is slightly off and the 3 round is a clear miss. Even in the 601 and 602 the first few shots in full auto were misses after the first round until it got stabilized. The spray and pray looked good in the movies but had little to do with reality. That's what the M-60 was there for.

If you carried a M-16A1 then you were actually carrying a restamped AR-15 Model 601 left over from the USAF days. Here is a test. Without looking it up and using your own memory, what shape was the handle on the cocking handle? Simple test. It surprised me when I noticed that years after I retired. I thought like you do. Just tell me the shape without researching it.

Yes I used it frequently but mostly only in 2-4 rd. bursts not because of any training but because it is embarrassing to run out of ammo in the middle of a firefight.

Ah, the 11th commandment.

Forum List

Back