The real history of gun rights that Americans are not taught.

Yes they are. They have fought every effort to enact universal background checks.
We have background checks already, what YOU want is unconstitutional.

Nope, and nope.

$200 for a gun permit say in New York City is the same as an unconstitutional poll tax. Why they are not treated alike/ same is anyones guess.

You can't get a permit to carry a gun in NYC.

$200 dollar gun license? What is it???

A license to PURCHASE a gun. You can not even go to a gun shop and touch a gun in New York State without applying for a gun license and paying the fee to buy a gun. It can take months to get approved. You can't carry it, but can keep it in your home if approved for the gun license.

Basically, the Second Amendment was about killing Indians, taking their land and controlling the slave population, according to author and historian Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz.

For the record I think we need to protect the 2nd amendment,

including assault weapons, so I disagree with her there, but I still believe in being honest about our past.

You’ll have heard it said by many liberals and even progressives that the Second Amendment centers on arming militias in a post-colonial America. But the reality behind the legal statute that enshrined gun rights in the Constitution is more nuanced, and far more sinister. As Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz notes in her book, “Loaded: A Disarming History of the Second Amendment,” the arming of state militias (which ultimately became the National Guard) was already noted elsewhere in the Constitution, so why was there a need to stipulate the right to bear arms in the Bill of Rights, which pertains to individuals? That’s because, according to Dunbar-Ortiz, the Second Amendment can be traced directly back to settler colonialism.

https://www.truthdig.com/articles/lies-liberals-tell-themselves-about-the-second-amendment/
I read many history books, and just finish one by Edwin D Burr called "The American Constitution" He explained that the Gun was used for hunting, defending your home, and protection again raiders, and protecting your Nation. Just in that order. It is every mans duty to protect his way of life and this Act is the most important for it is the only and the last way of protecting the Nation. This book was written in 1802. I looked it up and it is not in the Library of Congress. Wondering why I called my Senator and he made me look really stupid....The Brits burned down the place during the war of 1812.

Nope, and nope.

$200 for a gun permit say in New York City is the same as an unconstitutional poll tax. Why they are not treated alike/ same is anyones guess.

A license to PURCHASE a gun. You can not even go to a gun shop and touch a gun in New York State without applying for a gun license and paying the fee to buy a gun. It can take months to get approved. You can't carry it, but can keep it in your home if approved for the gun license.

Thanks for the clarification, so only rich people can afford to buy guns and a hassle to boot, yet anyone can vote.

Yes they are. They have fought every effort to enact universal background checks.

Nope, and nope.

You should find out what a poll tax is. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with gun permits, dumb ass. New York city can do what they want. I don't care.

If you don't care you don't care about the Constitution.. they are the same, if you can't see it your a fucking idiot

A poll tax is a tax you have to pay before you can vote. One of us is a fucking idiot, and I'm pretty sure it's the one who thinks a poll tax has something to do with gun permits.

Nope, and nope.

You should find out what a poll tax is. I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with gun permits, dumb ass. New York city can do what they want. I don't care.

If you don't care you don't care about the Constitution.. they are the same, if you can't see it your a fucking idiot

A poll tax is a tax you have to pay before you can vote. One of us is a fucking idiot, and I'm pretty sure it's the one who thinks a poll tax has something to do with gun permits.

So you never read the amendments now to the Constitution? Why must you have to pay the government for the right to own a gun, but not have to pay the government the right to vote?

....protecting the Nation.
Exactly.
Whose nation were they protecting ?

Guess it depends on who's writing the history books.
latest

Nope, and nope.

Thanks for the clarification, so only rich people can afford to buy guns and a hassle to boot, yet anyone can vote.

Well, at least with some disposable income, but the bottom line is NY is very unconstitutionally restrictive, and limits the type of firearm someone can own, and don't even think about carrying it concealed for protection as you won't get a permit to carry.

Nope, and nope.

It is UNCONSTITUTIONAL to require a tax to exercise a protected right.

Nope, and nope.

He doesn't want to acknowledge it.

Nope, and nope.

So you never read the amendments now to the Constitution? Why must you have to pay the government for the right to own a gun, but not have to pay the government the right to vote?

Not very bright, are you? The 24th amendment banned poll taxes. I don't think it mentioned fees for a gun permit.

Nope, and nope.

A fee is not a tax.

A fee is not a tax.

I should have to pay a fee for something that is a God given right? Do I need to pay a fee to have an axe? A bass guitar? A weed eater? Screwdrivers, knives?

When did Indians own land?

It was a preposterous concept to them at the time.

You're a heartless soul, but I must say
I admire your candor in displaying your arrogance about it.
Well done sir.
:beer:

I guess you could say that the indigenous people here at the time could have benefitted by patrolling their borders?? Those that don't learn from history.....you get the point.

So the NRA is against background checks because they are afraid of Indian attacks?

sorry the NRA is not against background checks and most other gun laws on the books,,,

theyre frauds,,,

Maybe they're smart enough to realize that criminals won't bother with them.

That applies to every law on the books, doesn't it?

pretty much

20,000+ firearm laws on the books.

Criminals ignore them.

thousands of laws on the books regulating driving

Criminals ignore them.

etc etc

Correction: 45000 federal, state, and local statutes, rules, ordinances, regulations, Executive Orders, court decisions, etc. and counting

sorry the NRA is not against background checks and most other gun laws on the books,,,

theyre frauds,,,

Maybe they're smart enough to realize that criminals won't bother with them.

That applies to every law on the books, doesn't it?

pretty much

20,000+ firearm laws on the books.

Criminals ignore them.

thousands of laws on the books regulating driving

Criminals ignore them.

etc etc

Correction: 45000 federal, state, and local statutes, rules, ordinances, regulations, Executive Orders, court decisions, etc. and counting

Yet criminals ignore every single law, of any kind concerning everything on the books. Are all those laws useless? Should we just eliminate all laws?

Background checks don't prevent psychopaths from purchasing assault weapons.
If you already own some, fine...unloading 30 rounds on a lifesize Obama mannequin gives you a hard on, go for it. But there are too many crazies in this country for having shelves stocked with automatic weapons designed for war being manufactured and sold.
Bernie-GunControl2.png
The ENTIRE purpose of the second amendment is to ENSURE the civilian population has military style weapons. As to the Supreme Court it ruled that very thing.
It was never the intention to provide military weapons and never allowed

Forum List

Back