Missouri
...at least for me...

Capture+_2021-04-28-09-03-32(1).png
Screenshot_2021-04-28-08-56-25(1).png

Link

A HUNDRED AND SIXTY FIVE DOLLARS?!?!?!

Hell...I can make that...

Last edited:
My problem with having tools is that now that I hardly ever use them they just sit there. No one will buy them for what they are worth so before I die (MAYBE) I'll just give them away.

My problem with having tools is that now that I hardly ever use them they just sit there. No one will buy them for what they are worth so before I die (MAYBE) I'll just give them away.

A lot of tool go for at best pennies on the dollar, after the widow cleans out her dead husbands workshop, and everything there ends up either in the trash, or at a flea market for pennies on the dollar.

Call 1-800-GOT-JUNK

A lot of tool go for pennies on the dollar, after the widow cleans out her dead husbands workshop, and everything there ends up either in the trash, or at a flea market for pennies on the dollar.
It sounds like Democrat assholes need to be compelled, coerced, forced against their will to stay off private property and stop seizing tools that don't belong to them. It sounds like we need a pair of cheap pliers and a crowbar to pry those Democrat assholes' fingers off our tools, supplies and other private property.

It sounds like Democrat assholes need to be compelled, coerced, forced against their will to stay off private property and stop seizing tools that don't belong to them. It sounds like we need a pair of cheap pliers and a crowbar to pry those Democrat assholes' fingers off our tools, supplies and other private property.
As usual, I have no idea what you're talking about.

My problem is that these days you need a special bit for just about everything. I mean why the hell can they not just use standard or philips heads and stop it with the 100 different star bits where you have to have precisely the right one to not round off the head.
You can blame GM for those. Something about needing Phillips heads for something and somehow they couldn't buy them or were refused and they invented the torx head.

My problem is that these days you need a special bit for just about everything. I mean why the hell can they not just use standard or philips heads and stop it with the 100 different star bits where you have to have precisely the right one to not round off the head.
You can blame GM for those. Something about needing Phillips heads for something and somehow they couldn't buy them or were refused and they invented the torx head.

Regardless, is it really that necessary to have a different torx head on each brand deck screw?

Regardless, is it really that necessary to have a different torx head on each brand deck screw?
Beats me.

Unless it's a security bit and you have to be a licensed law enforcement agent in order to possess it.
I don't believe that because I have bought quite a few tamper proof bits that I needed to work on cars.

I hear ya. .... :cool:
Years ago we had a some equipment that had about two hundred small Torx screw's which had to be removed every month for disassembly during routine preventive maintenance.
We always had a heck of a time removing these small Torx screw's because the heads would round out on about every fifth one. Resulting is a lot of wasted time extracting them.
I complained to the head engineer and wanted to use replace them with regular Phillips head screw's but he refused. Said that Torx screw's were better and stronger.
For several months I ordered different brands of Torx allen wrenches, Torx screw drivers, and always used anti-seize during reassembly. But none of it help the situation. It was frustrating, big time.
Then one day I was looking through a parts catalogue for a solution, and ran across this sentence, "Torx+ plus screw's require a Torx+ plus tools for easy removal".
I got to checking, and sure enough, our machine had Torx+ plus screw's, not the regular Torx screw's.
So I ordered some Torx+ plus screwdrivers and it cured the problem.
Live and learn...... :cool:

Last edited:
I hear ya. .... :cool:
Then one day I was looking through a parts catalogue for a solution, and ran across this sentence, "Torx+ plus screw's require a Torx+ plus tools for easy removal".
I got to checking, and sure enough, our machine had Torx+ plus screw's, not the regular Torx screw's.
So I ordered some Torx+ plus screwdrivers and it cured the problem.
It's all a matter of the right tool for the right job. Unfortunately the fastener industry has had time to constantly make a better mouse trap, leaving the world with more different fastener heads than we know what to do with.

Often in a pinch you can use an allen wrench on a torx screw, but only if it's not torqued down all the way.

Forum List

Back